IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

We'll just see if Spurs can actually keep it up. I don't like them and I would love nothing more than to see them slide from December/January's flavour of the month 'title contenders' to not even finishing in the top four for something like the third time in five years.

I'm not quite sure why people are even more miserable with Martinez after that match though. It was an okay result and our defence played pretty well. Although they bossed the possession in the first half they barely tested Howard. It's only one game of course but it's an improvement.

Our team has the potential to get better results in the second half of the season by tightening up the defence. Several teams ahead of us - Palace, West Ham, Watford, Stoke and yes, Leicester - are playing at their absolute best with (in my opinion) next to no chance of emulating these results in the second half of the season, let alone having the same scope for improvement as we do. Liverpool are also a sack of shite with currently perhaps two or three players good enough to get into our team. We are 6 points behind Man Utd who are in 5th place and we're in a cup semi final. This could still be a very good season for us.

I think the main reason people are so frustrated with this season is that we know where we COULD (should?) be - probably about 4th or 5th. I maintain that we only require minor tweaks to turn draws and narrow defeats into wins and while the last 8-10 games have seen us piss away a ton of points, we should take encouragement from the fact that we're putting ourselves into winning positions and have such a strong side that it's considered a manager-threatening disappointment to be 6 points away from the top 5.

Same question, do you think the teams though in players are very similar in quality?

To answer that question they've go a couple of players who'd get in our team. I think ability wise players are pretty similar. In terms if a "team" they're a better combination of players to get results.

To answer that question they've go a couple of players who'd get in our team. I think ability wise players are pretty similar. In terms if a "team" they're a better combination of players to get results.

I'd have there goalkeeper & Ericsson. But I think in the premier league we are the two teams that are the most similar in players, so my worry is that it is down to the manager that both teams are in their relative positions. So therefore is Martinez good enough to be managing our squad. At the moment I'd have to say no.

Edited by mogsy

I'd have there goalkeeper & Ericsson. But I think in the premier league we are the two teams that are the most similar in players, so my worry is that it is down to the manager that both teams are in their relative positions. So therefore is Martinez good enough to be managing our squad. At the moment I'd have to say no.

I'd definitely take Lloris, Alderwield, Eriksson & Alli off his performance last night. Think the first 3 would walk in our side.

I agree on the manager too. I don't think it will end on good terms. He might get up Cup but over 38 gamers he's a knacker

Edited by MC11

I'd definitely take Lloris, Alderwield, Eriksson & Alli off his performance last night. Think the first 3 would walk in our side.

I agree on the manager too. I don't think it will end on good terms. He might get up Cup but over 38 gamers he's a knacker

do you mean RM or Ponchettino? I'm confused!

From what I can read into his comments about the euros and players needing to play. mcgeady, Gibbo look favourites to go. Both probably loans or makeweight for players coming in. Fuck mcgeady off to a championship club for a promising kid. Can't believe we didn't go for Gray at Birmingham. Gibbo I would imagine is settled in the north, Sheff wed have a few quid now maybe a couple of mill.

We, as in the team, haven't lost the fans. But you Roberto? You've lost some, that much is true.

Pretty much. When you read comments on Facebook posts, like game updates, news etc, the most common and most 'Liked' posts are those against Martinez. Quite alarming how many are turning against him.

Pretty much. When you read comments on Facebook posts, like game updates, news etc, the most common and most 'Liked' posts are those against Martinez. Quite alarming how many are turning against him.

I think if he didn't chat so much tripe (or bury his head in the sand) fans would be a lot more forgiving. But he comes across as unwilling to acknowledge problems.

I think if he didn't chat so much tripe (or bury his head in the sand) fans would be a lot more forgiving. But he comes across as unwilling to acknowledge problems.

Just tries to be overly positive I think. Us British love to hear a good whinge and tantrum sometimes...he leaves a void there!!! I'm not to arsed what he says...its on the pitch for me. The defence is where I'm getting pissed off with him.

The gulf in quality between the two sides in that first half was quite frightening.

It wasn't even all about quality. It was about drive, desire, energy and organisation. Pochettino will go on to be a top manager because he gets his teams fit and hungry, they press hard and high to win the ball, and move it with pace when they have it. They just looked a much fitter, better drilled team than us, and there really isn't much of a defence for Martinez that that should be the case.

It wasn't even all about quality. It was about drive, desire, energy and organisation. Pochettino will go on to be a top manager because he gets his teams fit and hungry, they press hard and high to win the ball, and move it with pace when they have it. They just looked a much fitter, better drilled team than us, and there really isn't much of a defence for Martinez that that should be the case.

I agree. When we had the ball they were on us like rabid dogs, leaving us with nowhere to go, and we played so fucking slowly. But when they had the ball we were standing off them letting them do what they liked with it, and they were slick and moved the ball at speed.

Edited by Romey 1878

In my humble opinion mr Martinez can start by using all 3 subs timeously - especially if we are chasing a win.

He must forget to try and sweet talk the fans or play fan favorites ahead of form players -

He must choose his strongest side and fight for every victory - the support will follow naturally

I get what he's saying but it could be taken in multiple ways.

- He genuinely believes top 4 is more important.

- He's resigned to losing the big young stars.

- He's softening the blow of a poor Carling Cup tie performance, to concentrate on the league.

If we go out the cup, people will really start looking at league position and at present it doesn't look good. What's annoying me most is he doesn't seem to be saying we need to improve. There's lots of excuses like it's a young team etc. it's almost as though he's trying to cover his tracks before the season ends. What is a "bad" season in his eyes? A relegation fight? The players we have we should be well up there league. There's major problems whether people want to admit it or not.

Edited by MC11