IGNORED

New investment (finally)!

Louis

• 2 weeks later...

Why would a company reveal the incomplete results of due diligence? I'd be really concerned if they did issue comments. It takes time, and there are plenty of factors to consider.

I imagine it's going ahead.

agree with both of you the more i think about it. if they had bailed i'm sure we'd hear of it and the chinese trying to hop in the mix.

if the deals not done, then the 6 week exclusivity period is certainly up.

Something of this magnitude doesn't just happen that quick. It's not as if any discerning businessperson making this type of investment is going to say, "well, the books look good, so where do we sign?!?". Looking over "the books" is an early step. Then comes a whole shit ton of modeling and planning to make sure the investment will be worthwhile. Then terms need to be worked out. Part of those terms, in Kenwright's case, beyond working out the money, most likely involves fully vetting the people he's selling his prized asset to and having his people evaluate their plans, which I'm assuming he would want to know before putting the club's future in their hands. We're talking lots of time-intensive, behind-closed-doors stuff here.

Something of this magnitude doesn't just happen that quick. It's not as if any discerning businessperson making this type of investment is going to say, "well, the books look good, so where do we sign?!?". Looking over "the books" is an early step. Then comes a whole shit ton of modeling and planning to make sure the investment will be worthwhile. Then terms need to be worked out. Part of those terms, in Kenwright's case, beyond working out the money, most likely involves fully vetting the people he's selling his prized asset to and having his people evaluate their plans, which I'm assuming he would want to know before putting the club's future in their hands. We're talking lots of time-intensive, behind-closed-doors stuff here.

They've already signed the head of terms prior to due dilligence, and with all due respect the modeling would have come before, the books are the books, they're just getting forensics.

Notwithstanding the above, my point is, they had six weeks of exclusivity and that started in December so is well and truly up, so we can accept other offers should we want to.

Edited by Chach

To be fair even your Link says that.

Look, I can only respond to what you post, and you said nothing had been signed and the head of terms has been signed, that means Bill and the board have negotiated up to that point and Bill and the board are happy with whats in the head of terms. Its now up to the purchasers to make sure what they have agreed upon is in fact the situation.

It's non binding until incorporated into the head contract, but Bill's not doing due diligence on them though, that ship has sailed.

What we've heard in terms of exclusivity etc is crumbs at most. Any deals could be extended, re negotiated etc. Seen the rumor about the desk being done bouncing around the Twittersphere though.

Yeah thats my guess re extensions unless there was another serious bidder in the wings at which stage we might say "take it or leave it".