IGNORED

Christmas 2015

Lowensda

Might as well start this off, even though i'm a little bit early.

Wishing all members (and guests of TT) a marvelous Christmas, hope you enjoy the important things in life, like the company of family and friends, Chocolate and alcohol. May your holidays be blessed with Xmas cheer and all the best for the New Year.

For those who have kiddies old enough - https://santatracker.google.com/#village- Google has put together a Santa tracker and a page full of interactive games and videos. That will be my present to you all.

Have a good one and stay safe!

J

Edited by Lowensda

There is a full moon tonight. Apparently, it is the first full moon on Christmas Eve since 1977. I wont see the next one. :crying:

Ah but hopefully many more full moons and Christmas Eves John.

And you could always leave a bit of hair with someone so they can isolate your DNA and clone you in the future, then you'll have lots more opportunities :).

Missed that last night Mark, hope you got sorted.

Thanks Mike we got a flight to a nearby city landed at 12:30a Christmas morning my dad drove an hour and a half to pick us up and drive us to his place. I've got a great dad and am lucky to have made it. Delta blamed the weather and offered no apologies or refunds even though my luggage still hasn't arrived.

But no worries I'm with family now and that's all that matters. Merry Christmas fellow Toffee talkers!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day full of food and laughter!

Thanks Mike we got a flight to a nearby city landed at 12:30a Christmas morning my dad drove an hour and a half to pick us up and drive us to his place. I've got a great dad and am lucky to have made it. Delta blamed the weather and offered no apologies or refunds even though my luggage still hasn't arrived.

But no worries I'm with family now and that's all that matters. Merry Christmas fellow Toffee talkers!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day full of food and laughter!

Glad you made it OK. Yes, the weather has been atrocious here and caused rather bad delays. For all Delta's faults, I'm glad they managed to find you seats on a plane to a nearby airport.

Attended a midnight service last night, which was wonderful in three ways. First, the majority of people present were young - maybe between 20 and 30. Second, the diversity was impressive - with many white and black faces. At one point, three Indian/Pakistani young men and a lady, most likely overseas students, entered and sat in the back row. They received a very warm welcome. Third, a guy I've seen at the church for over a year now decided to use this service to complete his gender transformation, attending for the first time dressed as a woman. It took a lot of courage, I thought, and it was heartwarming to see other members give her a genuine hug. And the music and singing was fantastic - one of those times when you can sing very loudly and still not hear your own voice. :)

Attended a midnight service last night, which was wonderful in three ways. First, the majority of people present were young - maybe between 20 and 30. Second, the diversity was impressive - with many white and black faces. At one point, three Indian/Pakistani young men and a lady, most likely overseas students, entered and sat in the back row. They received a very warm welcome. Third, a guy I've seen at the church for over a year now decided to use this service to complete his gender transformation, attending for the first time dressed as a woman. It took a lot of courage, I thought, and it was heartwarming to see other members give her a genuine hug. And the music and singing was fantastic - one of those times when you can sing very loudly and still not hear your own voice. :)

Nice one Steve.

I always used to go to the carol service in the afternoon of Christmas day at Guildford Cathedral with my mum. Two reasons; first she always cried virtually all the way through it because it made her so happy and that made me happy, and second it got me out of helping with the washing up :lol:(no such luck today).

My lad surprised me today, he's always got me wine gums/jelly babies for Christmas, like a family tradition (I did the same with my dad except it was liquorish allsorts) but I can't eat them any more, well I could but they'd taste horrible, the packs he got me last year are still unopened.

Instead I got this...

http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/en/product/everton-t-shirt---khaki---mens/164664

It's quality!

I've had some reasons to be a grumpy bastard recently, but on reflection it's been a wonderful day. Shock absorbers in the front of the car went which meant I missed a very torn mass, but I've cooked most of the day and found someone who maybe, just maybe, will help me setting up my own restaurant.

Hope everyone else is making the most of what and who they've got :)

Brilliant Christmas. Daughter now back in Singapore. Son and family back in Nottingham. Son from York still here till tomorrow. Daughter and family back home in Flackwell Heath. We have enough food and goodies to last till at least middle of January. Wine, beer and single malt till about March. Hope everyone had a 'good-un'.

I can honestly say I'm exhausted today, Christmas day and yesterday was my sons birthday. Sat in my new "lounge trousers" with a beer watching star wars.

How people go shopping I'll never know. Enjoy some down time, go online and buy instead. Anyhow, hope you had a good one.

Mark glad to hear you got home for Christmas.

Brilliant Christmas. Daughter now back in Singapore. Son and family back in Nottingham. Son from York still here till tomorrow. Daughter and family back home in Flackwell Heath. We have enough food and goodies to last till at least middle of January. Wine, beer and single malt till about March. Hope everyone had a 'good-un'.

Pm me your address will you John, I'll help you make it February :D.