IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Home)

markjazzbassist

Knowing Everton we will spank them and look like Barca 2009. Lol. But seriously I am worried but who isn't? Spurs playing really well and look like a top side and poechttino a good manager. Kane erikson lamela dier lloris some real players.

Robles

Coleman stones Mori baines

Clev besic

Gerry Barkley mirallas

Lukaku

Subs - Lennon Gibson naisy

Guest rusty747

If we start the same back five we will get well and truly twatted. Howard has fingers like cow's udders at the moment and it's blatantly obvious that the back four have lost confidence in him. In turn, that is making the back four uneasy and they are now making stupid mistakes and losing their own confidence.

I really hope Jags is back for this one (but only if fully match fit - whatever that bloody means) as we are missing an on field leader. But Howard has to be benched. I really am not sure that Martinez has the balls to do it though.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Cleverley Barry/Besic

Lennon Barkley Mirallas

Rom

Subs. Howard Galloway Besic/Barry Gibson Geri Naismith Stones

Kone needs a rest. At a push, could have him on the bench iso Gibson.

Edited by rusty747

Chance for Besic then maybe? I think we'll beat them (but then I've thought we'll win every match for the last fifty odd years).

We're (almost) all pretty angry at Roberto right now. Including his decision to bring back McCarthy for what sure looks like a match too soon. Why not start Besic today? Or Gibson?

Anyhow, if McCarthy and Cleverely, too, are out for a few weeks, I'd think we'd see both Besic and Gibson some. Can Barry actually play 3 games in 7 days, or 5 in 14? That's the schedule in first half of January.

Unless Gibson leaves. Maybe he stays through most of January?

Edited by Elston Gunnn

I'd like to see Besic given a chance. This guy will run through brick walls, it's just what we need. I love this guy's style. Ok, he may not be a sublime passer, be able to take people on at will but he does have the bollocks that we need.

Some will say he's a liability with his tackles and bookings. But Barry has proven to be this too!

Besic can give us that steel we need.

We've never done well with Besic in the team.

I can't remember, so I can't dispute this. Still, McCarthy has reinjured his groin, and Cleverley has injured his Achilles. So if as expected Roberto sticks with 2 DMs, his options to pair with Barry for the next several matches seem to be:

1. Move Barkley back there.

2. Osman

3. Besic

4. Gibson

I hope Barry doesn't start 3 matches in 7 days. Surely Gibson and Besic can start in that 3d match, FA Cup against D&R.

We've never done well with Besic in the team.

Hmmmm...in what sense?

Results? He joined us last season. Made 33 appearances...W 10, D 9, L 14...but going by last season, all the players will have similar stats!!! It was one to forget for them all.

Tough one really. I like what he is about. I'd have him in just for his balls of steel.

Hmmmm...in what sense?

Results? He joined us last season. Made 33 appearances...W 10, D 9, L 14...but going by last season, all the players will have similar stats!!! It was one to forget for them all.

Tough one really. I like what he is about. I'd have him in just for his balls of steel.

Check games he started - if I remember rightly took a good while before we picked up a win. We don't play well when he plays

Well with clev injured as well I change my lineup to

Robles

Coleman stones Mori baines

Besic Gibson

Gerry Barkley mirallas

Lukaku

Subs - Lennon for Gerry, Naisy for Barkley, Kone for lukaku

Don't know how you can drop Barry. I'd bring Barry for Gibson, bringing Gibson on after 60 mins for Mo.

Don't know how you can drop Barry. I'd bring Barry for Gibson, bringing Gibson on after 60 mins for Mo.

To rest him he just played 2 in 4 days. He will be gassed.

Actually 2 in 3 days.

Nevertheless, I'll guess Roberto and Barry will decide he can recover sufficiently in 6 days, so he starts Sunday. Then I'll guess they also decide he can recover in 3 days, so he also starts v. City in the League Cup. Then he rests v. D&R in FA Cup. It appears to me that for Roberto, Barry and Lukaku are essential starters in the essential matches. And only D&R is non-essential, in the sense that Everton should win even with many changes.

I would like to see Robles in goal.

I would like to see Baines back in the back 4 ( no reason to be dropped the last game)

I would like to see 2 out and out wingers starting.

I would also like to see my misses looking hot in a bakini

So I suppose my misses looking hot is my best bet.

Edited by milesey05

If Robles plays what are chances of us keeping a clean sheet compared with if Howard was to start?

Its a non-starter (pun intended) to even contemplate this. Howard will always start, regardless of how inept he has become. Robles should tell EFC and Martinez to suck his balls and get transferred to a team that he can actually play for. Waiting for Howard to get an injury in order to get some pitch time? Fucking pathetic. His career is going nowhere right now, so why would he want to jeopardize this any further?

Martinez will lose our best players if we stay mid table, and with Howard in goal that's where we will stay. He is shooting himself in the foot, and that may bite him in the ass at some point if the powers that be actually begin to open their eyes to this situation.

Obviously three clean sheets in a row isn't good enough for Martinez. The guy is becoming a fucking loon in my view. The sooner we dump his ass, the better. Easily a top 4 team with the right management.