IGNORED

Dagenham and Redbridge (Home FA Cup)

markjazzbassist

With us middling about mid table I would like a strong effort in both cups to try and get a trophy and Europe that route. Here's what I'm expecting to see

Robles

Pennington Jags Galloway Oviedo

Besic Gibson

Lennon Osman Mirallas

Kone

Even with these squad players a win is in the cards for me.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Will be the first professional match that I attend!

Been only to preseason games.

Hope we absolutely destroy them. :)

Hope you enjoy your trip. Here for long?

I'd still urge a bit of caution with this one, the biggest game these guys have ever played or are likely to play so they'll raise their game. I watched us v Woking many years back (from the away end strangely, Woking was very near where I lived and I came up in a minibus with about a dozen of their fans) and it took a second half goal from Kevin Sheedy to get us a 1-0 win. Woking played out of their skin.

Hope you enjoy your trip. Here for long?

I'd still urge a bit of caution with this one, the biggest game these guys have ever played or are likely to play so they'll raise their game. I watched us v Woking many years back (from the away end strangely, Woking was very near where I lived and I came up in a minibus with about a dozen of their fans) and it took a second half goal from Kevin Sheedy to get us a 1-0 win. Woking played out of their skin.

Just for the day, coming in from London.

I will be studying in Vienna so I will probably try to come in for at least one more game.

Yes, that tends to happen sometimes with teams like this.

Will be especially tough with Roberto probably making several changes.

Hope to see Gibbo and a couple of youngsters play though.

Just for the day, coming in from London.

I will be studying in Vienna so I will probably try to come in for at least one more game.

Yes, that tends to happen sometimes with teams like this.

Will be especially tough with Roberto probably making several changes.

Hope to see Gibbo and a couple of youngsters play though.

Have a wonderful time.

I shall be in Sweden for two weeks at the end of the month, and I was thinking of flying to Britain to see an Everton game the weekend in the middle of that trip - except that there is no game on January 30. Rotten timing on my part.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Galloway

Besic Gibson

Lennon Osman Mirallas

Kone

Subs: Howard Pennington Holgate Deulofeu Barkley Pienaar Rom

Stands: Barry Cleverley Stones McCarthy Baines Oviedo

Sold/not in squad: Naismith

Cast adrift in a rowing boat on the Mersey with only one oar: McGeady

Did an edit for you on the last bit.

Would love to see Naismith, peanuts, Gibbo & Oviedo get a run. Decent players who seem to have been forgotten over the last year or so, despite all playing big parts when we were finishing in the top6. Times have obviously changed but a few of them deserve decent run outs before finishing up at Everton.

Guest rusty747

If Nais is maybe off to Norwich I don't think he will play. Martinez is too nice a guy to cup tie him.

Edited by rusty747

Team news! Phil Jagielka and Steven Schillo Pienaar will play againstDagenham & Redbridge FC in the The Emirates FA Cup on Saturday.Romelu Lukaku, Coleman and Cleverley to sit out through injury. McAleny, Rodriguez and Pennington could all feature too. More - bit.ly/1MWUov1

Great news. I don't want to see any starters. Then need to rest up for man city and the league cup match with man city. Give the depth a shot we are paying them might as well utilize them.

Guest rusty747

Big few games we are playing now. Great start of course against Man City. See off Dagenham and dig in for games against Man City again (twice) and Chelski and we will know just how close to top four we really are.

Besic must play.

Great news. I don't want to see any starters. Then need to rest up for man city and the league cup match with man city. Give the depth a shot we are paying them might as well utilize them.

Not particularly educated about the fourth tier of English football, but how bad are Dag & Red? I mean, I know they're not "bad," but how much better are we? Is it such a mismatch that we can use all non-starters and it's still going to be a cakewalk?

TIL about the failed match-fixing plot involving Dagenham & Redbridge FC.

Edited by veedublin

Not particularly educated about the fourth tier of English football, but how bad are Dag & Red? I mean, I know they're not "bad," but how much better are we? Is it such a mismatch that we can use all non-starters and it's still going to be a cakewalk?

TIL about the failed match-fixing plot involving Dagenham & Redbridge FC.

It's rare that a team from the fourth tier beats a top side but it does happen so it'll be no cakewalk and if the players go in with the attitude that it's going to be it could be closer than we'd like. I said it before, this is the biggest game the D&R players will ever play in (probably) so they'll be really up for it.

Cautionary tale...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/2607229.stm

(The report is also a collectors item as it has the line, "It was only the brilliance of Everton goalkeeper Richard Wright..." in it.)

Cup games are full of unpredictability, the one that comes to mind is:

http://www.harrogateminstermen.com/manchester-united-0-york-city-3.html

This one was massive at the time, I absolutely loved it. And this was no weakened Leeds team, nobody did that in the cup back then, this was the first eleven of (arguably, because I hated the bastards) the best team in the country...

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/feb/14/colchester-defeat-leeds-fa-cup