IGNORED

Manchester City (Away)

markjazzbassist

For pure comedy i'd thought I'd start this a couple days early and have battling Man City threads going lol. I know many on here will disagree with me, but the FA cup match and League Cup match are more important to me than this match. We will have a week from the League Cup match and i fully expect a reserve side for the FA Cup match so what the hell, go full strength. I fully expect a loss and would be happy with a draw.

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

Besic Barry

Gerry Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Edited by markjazzbassist

For pure comedy i'd thought I'd start this a couple days early and have battling Man City threads going lol. I know many on here will disagree with me, but the FA cup match and League Cup match are more important to me than this match. We will have a week from the League Cup match and i fully expect a reserve side for the FA Cup match so what the hell, go full strength. I fully expect a loss and would be happy with a draw.

Robles

Besic Barry

Gerry Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Yep that's the exact team I would play and to be fair most on here would agree too.

Unfortunately Roberto will keep Howard and Kone regardless of form. Besic is behind Cleverley and McCarthy in the pecking order.

Would love to see that starting 11 though.

Guest rusty747

I like that starting eleven. The only change I would consider is dropping Stones (as I think his confidence has now morphed into unacceptable arrogance) and play Jags and Mori in the centre of defence.

I'd play jags,stones and Mori as a back three. Baines and seamus wing backs Besic and Barry in the centre and kev Gerry and rom as a front 3. 3-4-3 if u will

Robles

Stones Jags Mori

Coleman Besic Barry Baines

Gerry Lukaku Mirallas

Finn i like the looks of that. i've always thought we should try the back 3 since we have some quality at CB. Barkley on the bench, lennon, kone, some quality options to attack.

Robles

Coleman Stones Mori Baines

Barry Besic

Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

What it will be:

Robles

Coleman Stones Mori Baines

Barry Cleverley

Deulofeu Barkley Kone

Lukaku

Ah I see you've swayed to putting Besic in!

That first team is well balanced. Would be my pick too. Would love to see that starting line up.

EDIT: Assumed this was the league cup thread. I'd have this line up tonight at Goodison. Not sure about away at the Etihad.

Edited by Newty82

Robles

Besic Barry

Gerry Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

That's how I'd like to see us line up also Mark, Besic if he doesn't go overboard would add some bite in the middle of the park and the pace in that side could be vital

I'd be very surprised if RM doesn't start Kone though.... Sadly

this is next week's match thread, mods feel free to lock this one till after the match and i will never make this mistake again. my apologies.

Not your fault people don't know the difference between "home semi final" and "away" :P.

I've shifted the last few posts to the right thread and will lock this one temporarily just in case :).

http://www.espnfc.us/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/2784600/man-city-to-be-tested-in-full-by-everton

with the injury reports out and everything here is my updated wishful lineup. i'd rather the

Robles

Oviedo Stones Mori Baines

Besic Barry

Gerry Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Subs - Jags for Mori, Lennon for Gerry, Kone for Lukaku

Seems the only 2 starting spots in question are Jagielka-Funes Mori at LCB and Mirallas-Kone at (not exactly) LW. I guess I could imagine Stones at RB, or Osman out left, but those seem long shots.

roberto said he won't do stones at RB anymore. he said he's an amazing CB and won't handicap him or the team by playing him out of position. So safe to say it's Oviedo there for the time being or maybe lennon or mccarthy.

Signing a goal scoring forward is a must.

100%, also do we need help with Barkley, the coaching staff that is.

The lad is so close to becoming an unstoppable goal scoring midfielder, he just has trouble with the final pass/shot.Get to his best and even an average striker will benefit from the space this lad will create when he draws three opponents.It's in him, he either needs more time or better coaching, afraid I think it's the latter.

Because top 4 is pure unobtanium at this point (not mathematically, but realistically), I think this shows who RM trusts more in goal.

Robles plays cup ties, where we might get a shot at Europe.

Howard plays the PL matches, because he's just good enough to keep us from being relegated.

Next year, Robles is our starter. Howard goes to MLS.

Howard Baines Stones Jags Mori Besic Barry Barkley Lukaku Gerry Osman

Robles Oviedo Galloway Lennon Pienaar Kone Mirallas

Guessing it's

Howard

Stones Jags Mori Baines

Besic Barry

Gerry Barkley Osman

Lukaku

or

Howard

Stones Jags Mori

Gerry Barry Baines

Besic Osman

Barkley

Lukaku

Edited by markjazzbassist

After Martinez' comments I'll be surprised if Stones is at RB. Then again he does roll in bullshit most days.

yep just edited with 3 at the back lineup. check it out

Man City

Hart Sagna Clichy Demichelis Otamendi Fernando Toure Sterling Navas DeBruyne Aguero

Damn that's a strong lineup except the back 4. I really think we can tear apart demichelis and otamendi.