IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

He has an opportunity to prove himself every day at finch farm. If he is the best player on the under 23s pitch, word will get round and he'll have a chance. But that isn't happening.

His missus lives in Manchester, why would he want to move abroad again? He's probably happy living with her, but he can't play. And now he's done an interview that probably won't help his relationship with the club.

Let's not forget we also need to find someone willing to donate a big chunk of money to take him away, that won't be so easy.

He signed in January, Koeman arrived in June. 2 months later he's declared not good enough, relegated to the reserves, banned from the first team and not even given a locker just because he wanted to stay and fight for his place.

No one was supposedly fit after pre-season, and we're talking about players who had had a lot more games under their belt than Niasse. End of last season he was in a team that was imploding and didn't get much of a run out. Where is the opportunity to prove himself in all that?He's hardly been given a chance by the club or the fans....

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's ever going to be a world beater, in fact he's looked like a headless chicken for the most part, but the treatment of the player is way over the top in my opinion.

Edited by Matt

He signed in January, Koeman arrived in June. 2 months later he's declared not good enough, relegated to the reserves, banned from the first team and not even given a locker just because he wanted to stay and fight for his place.

No one was supposedly fit after pre-season, and we're talking about players who had had a lot more games under their belt than Niasse. End of last season he was in a team that was imploding and didn't get much of a run out. Where is the opportunity to prove himself in all that?He's hardly been given a chance by the club or the fans....

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's ever going to be a world beater, in fact he's looked like a headless chicken for the most part, but the treatment of the player is way over the top in my opinion.

I think the problem is this Matt:-

he is a £13.5m asset (expense) and costs £50k a week. It is clear that he is not up to playing in the prem - Martinez avoided playing him, Koeman gave him a pre season and game time..... Lukaku referred to him as being "very raw".

We have bought a lemon - do we continue to pay him £50k a week whilst advertising how awful he is?

This is a per kroldrup all over again. The difference is Per Kroldrup "got the message".

I think this lad wants to just pick up his £50k a week.... its our mistake (well, I want to know how this was signed off). Koeman is trying to protect our finances by being completely transparent with a player who is clearly not good enough to play for us.

I don't fall for this "I want to fight for my place" - he will well know that he is not good enough.

I think the problem is this Matt:-

he is a £13.5m asset (expense) and costs £50k a week. It is clear that he is not up to playing in the prem - Martinez avoided playing him, Koeman gave him a pre season and game time..... Lukaku referred to him as being "very raw".

We have bought a lemon - do we continue to pay him £50k a week whilst advertising how awful he is?

This is a per kroldrup all over again. The difference is Per Kroldrup "got the message".

I think this lad wants to just pick up his £50k a week.... its our mistake (well, I want to know how this was signed off). Koeman is trying to protect our finances by being completely transparent with a player who is clearly not good enough to play for us.

I don't fall for this "I want to fight for my place" - he will well know that he is not good enough.

After 7 appearences? McGeady after his January signing made 18, 3 starts and the rest subs and he was defended to the hilt by some. To quote wiki (not the best source I know) "After 152 minutes of football in his first term, he was not given a squad number for the following season". 152 minutes. Great chance he had...

Martinez stuck with Lukaku because he was blindly stubborn. Koné barely got a look in end of last season too remember?

Look, I'm far from convinced that he'll be good enough, but truth is he has not been given a chance and, again in my opinion, he's been treated very poorly. Very clear example being made of him by Koeman, very alpha male stuff.

After 7 appearences? McGeady after his January signing made 18, 3 starts and the rest subs and he was defended to the hilt by some. To quote wiki (not the best source I know) "After 152 minutes of football in his first term, he was not given a squad number for the following season". 152 minutes. Great chance he had...

Martinez stuck with Lukaku because he was blindly stubborn. Koné barely got a look in end of last season too remember?

Look, I'm far from convinced that he'll be good enough, but truth is he has not been given a chance and, again in my opinion, he's been treated very poorly. Very clear example being made of him by Koeman, very alpha male stuff.

You can make the same argument when we release an 18 year old who has had no game time or very little... if they are not cutting it in training or lower level games then why would you play them in the premier league? Are we saying that Niasse has been good enough to get first team games time but he's been frozen out just because Koeman doesn't want to play him?

whereas Mcgeady?

"Aiden McGeady is a fast and skilful winger and someone I rate highly," he told the Record Sport.

"We will have to be careful with him because his movement can be special and he has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue.

"I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent, who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him.

"He'd be successful anywhere in Europe, but I know he likes playing for Celtic, so I'm not sure he'd leave."

That was Lionel Messi talking about Aiden Mcgeady.

Kone? - scored 13 goals for a relegated team and ran our defence ragged. Proved that he could play in the Prem.

Matt - we just have to trust that Koeman isn't throwing a £13.5m investment on the scrap heap.... just in the same way that when he releases a kid of 18 he knows that they haven't got the ability to make it in the prem.

I'd love nothing more than Niasse being a striker we could use. I just think that Koeman is acting on the best interests of the club rather than the players feelings.

You can make the same argument when we release an 18 year old who has had no game time or very little... if they are not cutting it in training or lower level games then why would you play them in the premier league? Are we saying that Niasse has been good enough to get first team games time but he's been frozen out just because Koeman doesn't want to play him?

whereas Mcgeady?

"Aiden McGeady is a fast and skilful winger and someone I rate highly," he told the Record Sport.

"We will have to be careful with him because his movement can be special and he has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue.

"I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent, who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him.

"He'd be successful anywhere in Europe, but I know he likes playing for Celtic, so I'm not sure he'd leave."

Kone? - scored 13 goals for a relegated team and ran our defence ragged. Proved that he could play in the Prem.

Matt - we just have to trust that Koeman isn't throwing a £13.5m investment on the scrap heap.... just in the same way that when he releases a kid of 18 he knows that they haven't got the ability to make it in the prem.

I'd love nothing more than Niasse being a striker we could use. I just think that Koeman is acting on the best interests of the club rather than the players feelings.

Thats probably the case, but there are better ways to do it.

As for the McGeady argument, I won't waste my time....

This kind of treatment of players who managers want rid of happens in every club, in every league. Players are pushed so they leave. Look at Schweinstiger at United! We are acting no different to other clubs here.

This kind of thing happens in the real world too, people get gently (inside the law) pushed towards the exit door. Happened to me about ten years ago. One day you're the new kid on the block, later down the line you're given all the shitty tasks and less chance to earn your commission. I was lucky enough to move on, but I wasn't getting paid £50k a week until I found a new employer.

This kind of treatment of players who managers want rid of happens in every club, in every league. Players are pushed so they leave. Look at Schweinstiger at United! We are acting no different to other clubs here.

This kind of thing happens in the real world too, people get gently (inside the law) pushed towards the exit door. Happened to me about ten years ago. One day you're the new kid on the block, later down the line you're given all the shitty tasks and less chance to earn your commission. I was lucky enough to move on, but I wasn't getting paid £50k a week until I found a new employer.

So because another club is acting disgracefully, its ok?! Trump used that argument in the last debate for crying out loud!

Thats probably the case, but there are better ways to do it.

As for the McGeady argument, I won't waste my time....

the mcgeady argument? there are absolutely no parallels between the two players.

Mcgeady is a talented player - an enigma but none the less a player with proven ability. Its a poity his attitude never matched his talent.

I have watched Niasse and I honestly do not think he can play football at a level anywhere near required to be at Everton.

The fact is this - we should not be in this situation - its a farce and yes it is unsavoury. Something needs to be investigated in regards to this transfer.

The game is swamped in money and wrong behaviours. Clubs are at risk of being fleeced by agents and players alike. Does it make it right that we are "forcing a player out?" - no.... we are not throwing him on the street. We have told him that he needs to go elsewhere if he wants to play football.

Its going to get to the stage where we have to pay him off - I actually believe that this is what he is looking for.

Edited by Hafnia

the mcgeady argument? there are absolutely no parallels between the two players.

Mcgeady is a talented player - an enigma but none the less a player with proven ability. Its a poity his attitude never matched his talent.

I have watched Niasse and I honestly do not think he can play football at a level anywhere near required to be at Everton.

The fact is this - we should not be in this situation - its a farce and yes it is unsavoury. Something needs to be investigated in regards to this transfer.

Like I said, no point in arguing with you when it comes to McGeady.

Like I said, no point in arguing with you when it comes to McGeady.

In what sense? Shed some light?

Am I saying mcgeady should be playing for us? No.

Am I saying he's a player with ability - who is strong with either foot who has good acceleration and ability to win a match? Yes.

Is he a player who should be disappointed in the fact that he hasn't made the most of his talents? Yes...

What's there to argue about?

In what sense? Shed some light?

Am I saying mcgeady should be playing for us? No.

Am I saying he's a player with ability - who is strong with either foot who has good acceleration and ability to win a match? Yes.

Is he a player who should be disappointed in the fact that he hasn't made the most of his talents? Yes...

What's there to argue about?

Plenty, but its the wrong thread and I've not got the energy :lol:

Matt he was given full starts in the preseason by Koeman, we didn't have any others strikers really. He was given a chance, non story here.

2-3 starts in preseason in a summer broken by the Euros and surrounded by players who weren't even at 70% fitness. I'm glad some of you aren't my bosses, and that's saying something.

2-3 starts in preseason in a summer broken by the Euros and surrounded by players who weren't even at 70% fitness. I'm glad some of you aren't my bosses, and that's saying something.

Dude you are going to the grave with this one! Yikes. Just let it go. He's a pro, if he doesn't shine playing with young players then he needs to go. If Ross played with the U 23 he would be bossing all over the park, because he's quality. It was playing with 10 men with oumar in the preseason, I watched all the matches, it was evident you could put Messi and Ronaldo with him and he'd still be lost.

Terrible analogy. Put me with shit people like my boss did when I started and I shine because I'm good at my job, they fired the shit person cause I did her job and mine and had worked there a year less than her, talent is talent and you can rise above the dross around you. Oumar never rose to the occasion of league cup or preaseason starts. Now he's having a moan while stealing a wage, not sure why you defend him. Seems you just love a charity case, same thing with hibbo.

Dude you are going to the grave with this one! Yikes. Just let it go. He's a pro, if he doesn't shine playing with young players then he needs to go. If Ross played with the U 23 he would be bossing all over the park, because he's quality. It was playing with 10 men with oumar in the preseason, I watched all the matches, it was evident you could put Messi and Ronaldo with him and he'd still be lost.

Terrible analogy. Put me with shit people like my boss did when I started and I shine because I'm good at my job, they fired the shit person cause I did her job and mine and had worked there a year less than her, talent is talent and you can rise above the dross around you. Oumar never rose to the occasion of league cup or preaseason starts. Now he's having a moan while stealing a wage, not sure why you defend him. Seems you just love a charity case, same thing with hibbo.

had too much coffee mate?

I'm playing devils advocate and showing other examples where other awful players where given time to actually prove they were shite ;) nothing to do with charity case, just to be given a fair crack

Edited by Matt

Boy, was he wrong.

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning but....

Niasse is not good enough so why play extra nice? He already has the paycheck, the car. Certainly has the funds to build his own locker room, ha. Still do not understand people's reaction to what seems like a slow news day. Why the sudden u-turn on the loyalty we owe him? Some rather weak goals in an u23 team? Why give him a locker if he isn't going to play first team football. What message would that send to our younger players who might deserve it? Our new manager didn't sign him and wants to free up funds. Sounds like a proper decision.

It was already proven he had a fair crack, you're arguing a point that doesn't exist.

:lol: proven?! How's that, its opinion based, there is no provin it. 152 mins is enough? Not in my opinion and I've seen enough players come in and look totally lost (I've heard and read many times of giving him a season of consistent football for example, let alone shitty minutes in preseason or cups) but have had a lot more time to prove themselves than this guy has.

I'll repeat, because apparently some of you have memories a goldfish would be embarrassed by; I think he's a bit of a headless chicken, I'm not convinced he'll be good enough. My argument is whether you think less than 2 games of competive minutes over 9 months, a lot of it unfit and injured, in a toxic dressing room and a team that couldn't do the basics is enough to write someone off. I say it's too short, and I've had this opinion for every player that gets slagged off too soon - for the record I'm often proven wrong over time, but I don't mind that. At least I was willing to give them a chance before writing them off.

I believe he only got 45 minutes by Koeman. Obviously not his type of player.

Niasse seems to lack skill and hold up play that Koeman wants.

He obviously has shown ability in the Russian league to score goals, winning player of year and getting himself recognized.

His overall game was probably not scouted well enough.

Looks like the sort of player that may grab some poachers goals but not offer a lot else overall for the team.

:lol: proven?! How's that, its opinion based, there is no provin it. 152 mins is enough? Not in my opinion and I've seen enough players come in and look totally lost (I've heard and read many times of giving him a season of consistent football for example, let alone shitty minutes in preseason or cups) but have had a lot more time to prove themselves than this guy has.

I'll repeat, because apparently some of you have memories a goldfish would be embarrassed by; I think he's a bit of a headless chicken, I'm not convinced he'll be good enough. My argument is whether you think less than 2 games of competive minutes over 9 months, a lot of it unfit and injured, in a toxic dressing room and a team that couldn't do the basics is enough to write someone off. I say it's too short, and I've had this opinion for every player that gets slagged off too soon - for the record I'm often proven wrong over time, but I don't mind that. At least I was willing to give them a chance before writing them off.

Anything is possible...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221871/Spurs-flop-Gareth-Bale-January-Birmingham-boss-Alex-McLeish-eyes-3m-defender.html

152' is not 2 games, it was 5 league games, 2 cup matches. last season alone. add to that preseason start against Jablonec the Czech side and the whole of preseason where he trained with the first team and Koeman. He had plenty of time to look at him as he was our only fit striker!!

Thanks for insulting my memory, I am not talking about whether you like the guy or not, so I'm not sure why you bring that up. You're arguing that he didn't get a chance, he did, it's a fact look above. If it said he didnt' play at all, sure i'd agree with you, but he played in the league, cup, and preseason. Good managers don't need half a season to see what most teams in the premier already knew, he's shit.

for every bale there are 100's of players that didn't make the grade in the premier league and are plying their trade in the lower leagues. as a pedant i am surprised you would use an outlier to generalize to a whole population.

Edited by markjazzbassist