IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

He is in the squad. He wasn't given a squad number when Koeman first arrived because Koeman wanted him gone but when the squad list was submitted, and it was clear he'd still be around, he was on the list.

Don't think he's registered is he?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At this point, I'm willing to try anyone that could help the team in the slightest. He seems like a fighter, and this squad is definitely lacking some fight. Give him another chance.

I agree with this. He's going to be really really hungry to succeed, and maybe that will rub off on other players.

I was really disappointed, though, when I read some of Koeman's quotes. You just don't make public comments like that - especially the sarcastic quote in response to Niasse's hat-trick. Give the lad some encouragement.

Of course he should get a chance he's doing the business in the U23s, Koeman may not like him, but he's the only person at the club who is scoring at the moment, the problem with Koeman is he frequently let's his runaway with its self, then isn't man enough to back track and admit he may have been wrong.

That is surely a dangerous trait to have as a manager, he should keep them opinions between him self and the player concerned, because he doesn't want to lose fact it could be to the detriment of the team.

What's his hold up play like these days? Is it bouncing of his knees and shins like another striker of ours or is he actually holding on to the ball, holding off defenders and bringing others into play?

sounds like he's actually playing well.

It seems Ron has a bit of a closed door policy with the development squads... not good.

Of course he should get a chance he's doing the business in the U23s, Koeman may not like him, but he's the only person at the club who is scoring at the moment, the problem with Koeman is he frequently let's his runaway with its self, then isn't man enough to back track and admit he may have been wrong.

That is surely a dangerous trait to have as a manager, he should keep them opinions between him self and the player concerned, because he doesn't want to lose fact it could be to the detriment of the team.

true

The world would be so different if we willing, at appropriate times, to lose face. It takes a real man to admit to making a mistake. Stubbornness is a weakness, not a strength. I really hope Niasse gets his chance. You really can't fault his attitude.

I watched the game last night and although he took his goal well he was awful all night

He is not good enough for the premiership and people need to watch him play before they start getting on the managers back for not picking him

I also watched it and thought Niasse looked obviously above hat level.

He seemed very strong on the ball and had surprisingly quick feet.

He also had the presence of mind and ability to make first time passes....unheard of in the first team. And again to give him credit, this was coming back from injury.

If Koeman had any intention of playing people who are doing well for the U23s we wouldn't be watching the same team play the absolute shite we're being served up every week. Niasse may not be good enough, but neither are the 11 players starting for us at the moment. I think he's been treated appallingly.

I got my initial judgement of Koeman's niasse stance wrong.

I thought he was being the man who was making it clear what is good enough and what isn't and that nil satis is back...

Wrong. What he did was to close a door and make it seem like under 23's is akin to playing for a pub side. Since then his promotion of pro using players who are doing well at that level has been none existent.

Sorry oumar