IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

I think the point is Dunc is that our current man up front just isn't bothered... why have an under 23 team if there is a glass ceiling above it?

Its got to that time again which we have seen before when using Kone as a stick to smack Lukaku into doing something. Niasse deserves at least a run out or some minutes, barring that Calvert Lewin

Personally I think Lukaku is having a decent season and would go as far as to say apart from Gana he has been our best player this season

I don't think that Lukaku 'isn't bothered'. He wants to score goals, terrorise defences just like any other top striker but the service to him is shocking. He isn't even getting good ball to feet, it's generally long and aimless and if I was him I would be getting very frustrated. It wouldn't matter if we had Aguero/Costa/Ronaldo up front, if they can't get on the ball with space and with quality service they will get frustrated and their performance will suffer.

We desperately need players running beyond Rom, and bodies in and around him to see him at his best, not the shite we are seeing at the moment.

bingo

Lukaku plays well when he works hard - simple as that.

When he scores goals many will say "where would we be without his goals".... when he doesn't score "he's not getting the service"....

I DON'T GET IT.

The lad is way too easy to mark out the game and this is because of his lack of movement - intelligence - effort.... whatever!

Its a cause and effect scenario that we have going on with the lad..... similar to the atmosphere/performance at goodison - it takes the players to get the crowd up - they get the fans up and they feed off each other.

Every single person on here has posted this one stage or another "Rom looks up for it today!"........ so in other days he doesn't look up for it?.... yeah - I would say that.

Listen I'm not asking him to be denis straq.... but lets use him as a barometer of a hard working forward? Anyone remember that game against Chelsea? great wasn't it.... a player with absolutely none of the finishing attributes or athletic prowess of Rom basically gave their back 4 a torrid time. They resorted to hoofing it away because he pressed - we picked up the lose balls and mounted another attack... amazing to see.

All Rom has to do is give 20% more effort in his off the ball work - that's all! - it makes a huge difference to the team. I have seen him put in a real shift about 5 or 6 times.... the main one that sticks in my mind was the derby where he got in sakhos face - he was immense that game, so impressive and he led the team. A proper centre forwards display that had Alan Shearer purring - he asked the question "why not like that every game?"

A lad of his physicality and finishing ability is short changing the team. Let's not keep making excuses for him - his effort levels are poor at the moment.

I won't deny that I would like to see him do more but at the same time I don't see him do any more or less than anyone else, other than Gueye.

He makes plenty of runs, he shows for the ball regularly but isn't seeing enough of the ball. You could see it with Ibra last night, as soon as he has people running off him and around him he rolls back the years and plays really well.

Lukaku running an extra KM won't do jack at the moment until he gets that support and I would place a pretty hefty bet that if he did get that support he would be running that extra KM or two just by playing his natural game.

I won't deny that I would like to see him do more but at the same time I don't see him do any more or less than anyone else, other than Gueye.

He makes plenty of runs, he shows for the ball regularly but isn't seeing enough of the ball. You could see it with Ibra last night, as soon as he has people running off him and around him he rolls back the years and plays really well.

Lukaku running an extra KM won't do jack at the moment until he gets that support and I would place a pretty hefty bet that if he did get that support he would be running that extra KM or two just by playing his natural game.

I watched him against Chelsea Bails - and again in the last game... there is subtle little "tells" that show he isn't "up for it".... he doesn't hide his annoyance of the lack of service very well at all and this isn't sitting well with other players and I understand its a two way transaction.

He does not evade his markers well at all - its all very frustrating. Its like his move is to try and run past them and hope that the ball finds its way in front of him... that's basic.

I used to watch suarez against us - its was like something out of a horror movie, nerves shot watching this electric eel dragging defenders all over the show and then darting into pockets. Possibly the most intelligent of footballers I have seen. Naismith was very good at it too.

Rom probably needs a mentor - maybe rooney is the answer....

I watched him against Chelsea Bails - and again in the last game... there is subtle little "tells" that show he isn't "up for it".... he doesn't hide his annoyance of the lack of service very well at all and this isn't sitting well with other players and I understand its a two way transaction.

He does not evade his markers well at all - its all very frustrating. Its like his move is to try and run past them and hope that the ball finds its way in front of him... that's basic.

I used to watch suarez against us - its was like something out of a horror movie, nerves shot watching this electric eel dragging defenders all over the show and then darting into pockets. Possibly the most intelligent of footballers I have seen. Naismith was very good at it too.

Rom probably needs a mentor - maybe rooney is the answer....

Suarez was involved in play against us because we couldn't contain Liverpool.

I have watched Aguero a few times this season and everything you are saying could also be levelled at him in those games.

We aren't going to agree but if you get Rom in the game he will work his arse off for the team. If you leave him to feed on scraps then you won't. If you want a striker to fo that then buy Shane Long or some other donkey.

It's true that it's not just Lukaku.

Not enough of our players show the right amount of effort and desire.

This is a huge problem for us.

I agree with you here. It's shocking how little effort our players put in across the board besides maybe Gana, Bolasie, and Coleman.

Suarez was involved in play against us because we couldn't contain Liverpool.

I have watched Aguero a few times this season and everything you are saying could also be levelled at him in those games.

We aren't going to agree but if you get Rom in the game he will work his arse off for the team. If you leave him to feed on scraps then you won't. If you want a striker to fo that then buy Shane Long or some other donkey.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3995534/Ronald-Koeman-Romelu-Lukaku-sprint-Everton-run-trouble.html

Nope... Lukaku well behind on averages based on work rate. Aguero makes over 30% more sprints than him.... covers more ground and he's the second lowest.

Edited by Hafnia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3995534/Ronald-Koeman-Romelu-Lukaku-sprint-Everton-run-trouble.html

Nope... Lukaku well behind on averages based on work rate. Aguero makes over 30% more sprints than him.... covers more ground and he's the second lowest.

You forgot context again Haf, now that's not like you ;)

The only like for like player in that list is Costa and they aren't that different, and when you consider the comparitive fortunes of the two clubs, I think Rom compares well.

Likewise with Aguero, I didn't say very game he plays and I didn't say PL either. There are games where he has barely had a kick and has been completely on the fringes but City being under Pep there are games where he is getting chance after chance and becoming heavily involved. You put either of those players in our squad and you will see a different set of stats.

You forgot context again Haf, now that's not like you ;)

The only like for like player in that list is Costa and they aren't that different, and when you consider the comparitive fortunes of the two clubs, I think Rom compares well.

Likewise with Aguero, I didn't say very game he plays and I didn't say PL either. There are games where he has barely had a kick and has been completely on the fringes but City being under Pep there are games where he is getting chance after chance and becoming heavily involved. You put either of those players in our squad and you will see a different set of stats.

Costa averages 65 sprints vs roms 40 over 90 minutes.... that's a 60% uplift over Rom....

You often see me say that he trots around.... he does! Watch him when a defender has a ball.... jogs over and the defender just passes it calmly. Costa sprints over and forces the defender to get rid quick.

I always say you can tell his mood by his "intent"... the manner in which he runs days alot.

All this talk of him not having opportunity to run is nonsense. Every single time we have thd ball or the opposition have the ball is an opportunity.

ISOLATED... that annoying word. As if he has no control over his isolation... I watched him play his best game in a tough tight game against Liverpool where he had Emre caan dropping deep and sakho man marking him.... he was outstanding. Not because we managed to unisolate him.... because he did that himself! He moved well... he pressed, he ran the channels, he won the ball.... he was arsed. He knows what he needs to do... he just doesnt do it.

• 1 month later...

It's a fucking loan. He might as well help the U23's.

Sell him.

After koeman his transfer value is nothing.

Even if we drop half his wage, it's a bonus.

Doesn't matter how he performs as his value is as mentioned before zero, maybe he scores goals, bang average strikers have come into the league and had a purple patch from the start ala cisse, jelavic, zaki to name a few.

After koeman his transfer value is nothing.

Even if we drop half his wage, it's a bonus.

Doesn't matter how he performs as his value is as mentioned before zero, maybe he scores goals, bang average strikers have come into the league and had a purple patch from the start ala cisse, jelavic, zaki to name a few.

Yep. Can't really demand a fee for a player who has been written off by the club.

Loan him. It puts him in the shop window. Gets him playing (hopefully!). Hopefully he plays and whacks in some goals...if he does, we can recoup more of his fee.