Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Oumar Niasse

Recommended Posts

On 20/07/2018 at 00:45, Cornish Steve said:

Very pleased for the guy. There’s a certain justice in his being part of Everton’s plans long after Koeman was told to leave. 

Well put couldn’t agree more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, codders78 said:

Silva was the Hull manager when they loaned Niasse so he has worked with him before. He will do for now as much more important areas we need to be spending money on

Sound argument. I'd forgotten that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/07/2018 at 18:37, Btay said:

He’s not as bad as you make out. Easily capable of 10 goals a season, coming on from the bench 

Undoubtedly can be a menace and score some goals, but completely ruins any fluidity in the team around him. Terrible touch, can't pass or link up with other attackers, and can't really hold up the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See I hear this all the time, but then i watch him and see him control a ball on his chest under pressure, get the ball under control and pass it on, your r put it away.

He has he occasional brain fart, but so did Didier Drogba... usually before he hit a 30 yard volley. 

I sometimes wander if people actually watch him or just jump on the easy bandwagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not a starter for me  bring him on for the last 30 whether we need a goal or we are defending the lead, he’s going to work his socks off more often get a goal when needed and tie there defence down deep in their own half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s not a starter for me  bring him on for the last 30 whether we need a goal or we are defending the lead, he’s going to work his socks off more often get a goal when needed and tie there defence down deep in their own half. 

This is it. He has a role. There’s no point having two cenks! You need to be able to bring on a different tactic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shukes said:

This is it. He has a role. There’s no point having two cenks! You need to be able to bring on a different tactic. 

Definitely Shukes when needed he’s been a massive player for us, in my opinion it’s Cenk to start with Niasse coming on a head of DCL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This is it. He has a role. There’s no point having two cenks! You need to be able to bring on a different tactic. 

 

46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Definitely Shukes when needed he’s been a massive player for us, in my opinion it’s Cenk to start with Niasse coming on a head of DCL. 

100% when he started games last year he was poor, he is by far more impressive coming off the bench and causing havoc with the defenders, due to his unpredictable play they dont know how to deal with him particularly towards the end of the game when legs are tiring. For where we are at the moment I think he's the ideal candidate for a subs role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep him for the season and use him as a sub against tired legs, where he seems to cause all sorts of havoc.

Also a sufficient rotation player for the cup games to give Tosun a rest. 

He will get 10-15 goals if he stays fit all season. I'm adamant.

I can't find that emoji where the little fellow is ducking something someone has thrown at him, but this is the time to use it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Sub at best. As has been said can cause problems when coming on from the bench, that's his best possession. 

His deficiencies are laid bare when he starts. Hopefully he’s not even a bench player when or if we sort out the squad fully (however long that takes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

His deficiencies are laid bare when he starts. Hopefully he’s not even a bench player when or if we sort out the squad fully (however long that takes).

He reminds me of Ronny Rosenthal the ex liverpool player (but with so much less talent) in that he is unpredictable. Coupled with his natural willingness to work and run for the team and his never say die spirit, I can understand why we kept him as an option off the bench. 

Me, personally I would rather we use DCL or sign someone else, but I trust Silva and think Niasse will only be an option from the bench, in some games, as anybody watching him start can see his failings when he starts a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Super- sub. Incidentally, his first touch is better than Lukaku’s, so I’m not sure what the comment about poor control. 

Well Lukaku has very poor control... I wouldn’t use Lukaku as a barometer for first touches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He reminds me of Ronny Rosenthal the ex liverpool player (but with so much less talent) in that he is unpredictable. Coupled with his natural willingness to work and run for the team and his never say die spirit, I can understand why we kept him as an option off the bench. 

Me, personally I would rather we use DCL or sign someone else, but I trust Silva and think Niasse will only be an option from the bench, in some games, as anybody watching him start can see his failings when he starts a game.

It would definitely be Cenk, DCL and the Niasse to start games. You cant guarentee any type of possession with Niasse whereas Cenk and DCL can both hold up the ball well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday Galatasaray sold Gomis to an Arabian team and Turkish newspapers reported that they are really interested to loan Niasse with a buying option at the end of the loan deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

Yesterday Galatasaray sold Gomis to an Arabian team and Turkish newspapers reported that they are really interested to loan Niasse with a buying option at the end of the loan deal.

If Silva rates DCL then this makes sense and we should do it.  Give them a clause to buy too.  All up to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I have no words that would do justice to how he played last night.

That missed heafer. He looked like someone playing a half time game of “ score the header”  at half time and you win a crate of Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My missus who knows very little about our side and footie in general bar me screaming obscenities at the tv came on with me last night and said "who's your number 19!?"

"Niasse"

"He's crap"

Spoke volumes for me tbh, great work ethic and professional and I know it's a cup game but he's never a starter in any game, last twenty mins when legs are tired that's about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I have no words that would do justice to how he played last night.

Club legend. He puts Hibbo and Straq to shame for how lovable yet bad he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Straq yes but Hibbo was solid in his primary role, defending; it was only when he crossed the half-way line he disintegrated.

I actually almost put that caveat in. Agreed that he was a great 1 v 1 defender and a decent defensive rightback.

Completely useless on the ball or going forward. 

Could we add Naismith to that list as well? Good workrate/positional sense that allowed him to come up with crucial goals, but really didn't show much technical ability at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I actually almost put that caveat in. Agreed that he was a great 1 v 1 defender and a decent defensive rightback.

Completely useless on the ball or going forward. 

Could we add Naismith to that list as well? Good workrate/positional sense that allowed him to come up with crucial goals, but really didn't show much technical ability at all?

No way.

Naismiths best asset was his technical ability. Wasn’t the strongest, quickest, or greatest finisher. But he had great technical ability and positional awereness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think that would be harsh on Naismith personally!

Fair play and it would appear my suggestion has been voted down and that he's a much better footballer than Straq or Oumar (And Hibbo*).

 

*Indicates acknowledgement as to Hibbo's defensive prowess but complete ineptitude in the attacking half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shukes said:

No way.

Naismiths best asset was his technical ability. Wasn’t the strongest, quickest, or greatest finisher. But he had great technical ability and positional awereness!

I'm with you on this Shukes, also I think he was a great team player with loads of passion for the club, and also does loads of good work for less privileged kids, such as giving his used boots away to teams in his home town. ( Think it's his home town, either way a few of the prima donnas in the game should follow suit and do more IMO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-news-transfers-live-pickford-15280161

Quote

Oumar Niasse 'agreement'

Galatasaray technical boss Fatih Terim has reportedly “made frequent contact with Oumar Niasse”, according to Turkish website Fanatik.

They write: “During the last meeting, the Senegalese striker reached an agreement in principle. If the clubs agree, Niasse said: ‘I’m ready to sign’.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many of us would have put up with this? How many of us would accept humiliation, work our tails off, and prove our worth? Hats off to Oumar Niasse. Not perfect on or off the pitch, that's for sure, but what character he displayed.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirms to.me, what a horrible person Koeman is and wasn't right for our club. FFS if you don't want some one in the squad do it professionally, not like a 3 year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×