Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Oumar Niasse

23 minutes ago, Paddock said:

well looks like I'm going to have to eat some humble pie.

Two matches doesn't make him a worldie. He was still caught offsides a couple times, first touch worse than rom.  I'm not going to bash the guy but I'm not going to be head over heels.

when he started for hull I don't think he ever scored, he was always best off the bench.  I'm thinking that's what he should be here as well, chaos when they are tired from all his unorthodox running.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

when he started for hull I don't think he ever scored, he was always best off the bench.  I'm thinking that's what he should be here as well, chaos when they are tired from all his unorthodox running.

Sounds very much like Rom's breakout season at West Brom, whatever happened to him?

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Sounds very much like Rom's breakout season at West Brom, whatever happened to him?

He ended up being found out for the fraud he is, no first touch and all. Not even a footballer!

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Two matches doesn't make him a worldie. He was still caught offsides a couple times, first touch worse than rom.  I'm not going to bash the guy but I'm not going to be head over heels.

I never said he was a worldy- but he's managed to score as many goals in one game than the whole team has in 6 games.

That'll do for me- he has to start against Limassol and Burnley.

Just now, Paddock said:

I never said he was a worldy- but he's managed to score as many goals in one game than the whole team has in 6 games.

That'll do for me- he has to start against Limassol and Burnley.

If we play 442 then yes but if we play with just 1 it has to be DCL for me. 

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

While I've been consistent in my support of Niasse, especially during the time he was being written off and mocked for fun, I hope Koeman does not make the opposite mistake and make Niasse a starter. He's not Lukaku. He's not DC-L. He's not the forward we're craving. What he is, though, is an impact sub, someone who can make a difference when the game is on the line - which is what he did today. IMO, we should recognize and take advantage of this strengths, not set him up for failure.

Largely agree but I think I'd give him a start v Limassol, I think he deserves that; then back on the bench for Burnley.

The one thing I do like about this lad is... He plays the game so simple. Back to goal, good touch and lays if off whilst finding more space....... Oh, and he scores goals. That's two.

43 minutes ago, yamar said:

The one thing I do like about this lad is... He plays the game so simple. Back to goal, good touch and lays if off whilst finding more space....... Oh, and he scores goals. That's two.

Good touch for the first goal, but he's got a heavy touch in general. His game just reminds me of Defoe. Wouldn't start him every week but a good option from the bench. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

His humility after receiving so much disgraceful treatment is fantastic.

Well done young man. Lesson to be learned by so many. 

He deserves an apology. 

The apology should have come a long time ago - koeman's behavior was abysmal.   Now it should be both an apology and admitting he was wrong (and, yes, one swallow does not make a summer, etc). 

Nevertheless, I don't see it coming - koeman strikes me as too arrogant to do so  

Watched the 20 minute highlights today and I've never seen anyone step on a field so hungry of a goal. He was throwing his boot at everything, sticking his head in where he had no right and running riot. 

Deserves to start the next league game me thinks. 

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

He's trying to rewrite history a bit, and that helps no-one. Frankly, Koeman should simply admit he was wrong, treated Niasse wrongly, and confess that his opinion has now changed. It's not weakness to change one's mind: it's strength.

Looking at it. I was quite supportive of the lad when he came in as I was of kone.  For the reason that I believed we desperately need a worker up front. It was my over excitement of koeman that allowed him to sway my principles in how a human should be treated. 

We needed a worker then and we still do. It's the only way that attacking midfielders will get to push on and create. 

You can have a striker with all the ability in the world but without any work ethic he is reliant on his team mates.  

As we know I admire Suarez as a footballer - the majority of my admiration stems from the fact that you could put him in any mid table side and he would make them top 4 contenders.  His talent plus work ethic is unreal.

Niasse has a work ethic... he may not be the most gifted player but I would argue that if we had him in against some of the sides we've struggled against then we would be far better off.

Niasse + DCL will press the shit out of a defence. It will create pockets for the collection of attacking midfielders that koeman has assembled. 

6 hours ago, hafnia said:

Looking at it. I was quite supportive of the lad when he came in as I was of kone.  For the reason that I believed we desperately need a worker up front. It was my over excitement of koeman that allowed him to sway my principles in how a human should be treated. 

We needed a worker then and we still do. It's the only way that attacking midfielders will get to push on and create. 

You can have a striker with all the ability in the world but without any work ethic he is reliant on his team mates.  

As we know I admire Suarez as a footballer - the majority of my admiration stems from the fact that you could put him in any mid table side and he would make them top 4 contenders.  His talent plus work ethic is unreal.

Niasse has a work ethic... he may not be the most gifted player but I would argue that if we had him in against some of the sides we've struggled against then we would be far better off.

Niasse + DCL will press the shit out of a defence. It will create pockets for the collection of attacking midfielders that koeman has assembled. 

To be fair haf, I'm not sure we can say he hasn't got the talent.

The lad came from the Russian league and was given a handful of cameo roles before being outed by Koeman.

Confidence is an amazing thing. The way he took two of his three goals makes me think he has a lot more in his LOCKER than we suggest.

I was ridiculed when I supported him,..... now... you all bow to me! I unearthed a world class superstar striker.... it's all down to me you know!

if he turns out shit now, it's obviously because Koeman ruined him.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

He's not a very good footballer. A couple of goals doesn't make a superstar.

He is world class! How can you not see it?

youll be singing the Niasse song soon enough.

his names Niasse....    ... ... his name is Niasse!

someone help me here!

To add to my post earlier on his effort in winning the ball back for his first goal,  would Sandro have competed with the goalie the way he did to force th 2nd goal ?

Yep he's rough but he seems to have the determination to make it work, not sure how much game time he's had in the two games, but 3 goals is a pretty god return when we're in desperate need of them.

lets hope Koeman uses him to best effect.

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Oooooh you dirty conspiracist!

(Does that word exsist???)

Yep,

conspiracist
noun

1. a person who supports a conspiracy theory. 
    "The conspiracist's believed that Koeman stole Niasse's locker and used it to store his contraband supply of Edam".

18 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Yep,

conspiracist
noun

"The conspiracist's believed that Koeman stole Niasse's locker and used it to store his contraband supply of Edam".

Yes. Yeeeeees.

I knew it. I bloody knew it.

Never doubted it, or myself.

24 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Yep,

conspiracist
noun

Ha Ha top post, brought a smile to my face.:P

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

He is world class! How can you not see it?

youll be singing the Niasse song soon enough.

his names Niasse....    ... ... his name is Niasse!

someone help me here!

Swap numa for Oumar. The start could go with ni-ass-ey too.