IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

152' is not 2 games, it was 5 league games, 2 cup matches. last season alone. add to that preseason start against Jablonec the Czech side and the whole of preseason where he trained with the first team and Koeman. He had plenty of time to look at him as he was our only fit striker!!

Thanks for insulting my memory, I am not talking about whether you like the guy or not, so I'm not sure why you bring that up. You're arguing that he didn't get a chance, he did, it's a fact look above. If it said he didnt' play at all, sure i'd agree with you, but he played in the league, cup, and preseason. Good managers don't need half a season to see what most teams in the premier already knew, he's shit.

180 mins = 2 x 90 minute games. Sorry, that was not clear apparently, my bad. 152 is short of that, and barely any of it has been competitive. his appearances in competitive games has been very short and no, he hasn't looked good, I can't argue and I'm not arguing that. I'm saying players need time to settle sometimes and time is needed to get fit. Pre season was very irregular because of the Euros, first team players came in drips and drabs and all players were declared unfit by Koeman - rightly so too.

You've made your mind up, so there's no point in going further. Don't know if you remember, but I was as defensive about Traoré too, and I was wrong. But I gave him a chance st least.

I wasn't trying to insult either, I was making a little dig because people, not just you, don't seem to understand my stance on the issue. That's all :)

for every bale there are 100's of players that didn't make the grade in the premier league and are plying their trade in the lower leagues. as a pedant i am surprised you would use an outlier to generalize to a whole population.

How is "anything is possible" a generalisation? It means the opposite.

Ability isn't the question for me.

I hate reading that we aren't doing anything that other us wouldn't do.

We ate losing g our identity, becoming.... Just another club. Worst part is that a lot of our fans are not only accepting it, but agreeing with it now.

There no right or wrong here, just different opinions.

I prefer dignity over professionalism any day. Hate the old cliché, I am not here to make friends.

Ability isn't the question for me.

I hate reading that we aren't doing anything that other us wouldn't do.

We ate losing g our identity, becoming.... Just another club. Worst part is that a lot of our fans are not only accepting it, but agreeing with it now.

There no right or wrong here, just different opinions.

I prefer dignity over professionalism any day. Hate the old cliché, I am not here to make friends.

do you think a good business strategy is to have an asset that could have been sold and save 55k a week, stay on the books and depreciate to where when we do sell (if we do) the club would lose potentially millions of pounds of money?

honest question. because that's not the identity i want as a club making terrible business and money decisions.

Edited by markjazzbassist

do you think a good business strategy is to have an asset that could have been sold and save 55k a week, stay on the books and depreciate to where when we do sell (if we do) the club would lose potentially millions of pounds of money?

honest question. because that's not the identity i want as a club making terrible business and money decisions.

fair question and before the new TV deal i would probably completely agree. But we've got a bit of cash now so not as big a deal. Doesn't mean we should waste money by any means, but if you've got an asset that's costing you, why not take a chance on it?

Edit: oh, and our identity already comprises of wasting millions :(

Edited by Matt

fair question and before the new TV deal i would probably completely agree. But we've got a bit of cash now so not as big a deal. Doesn't mean we should waste money by any means, but if you've got an asset that's costing you, why not take a chance on it?

Edit: oh, and our identity already comprises of wasting millions :(

good points on both accounts. i guess the TV money does give us the ability to be slightly riskier in our transactions due to more financial security, although our recruitment so far would seem to be in contrast to that. although that could just be Walsh's newness to the job and learning curve.

good points on both accounts. i guess the TV money does give us the ability to be slightly riskier in our transactions due to more financial security, although our recruitment so far would seem to be in contrast to that. although that could just be Walsh's newness to the job and learning curve.

well yes and no. Niasse wasn't Walshs recruit as you know, but the point is valid. We've splashed the cash on Bolasie (still far from convinced) but he's also done good work. It's always going to be hit and miss

well yes and no. Niasse wasn't Walshs recruit as you know, but the point is valid. We've splashed the cash on Bolasie (still far from convinced) but he's also done good work. It's always going to be hit and miss

yeah, i see the Chelsea recruitment policy as an example of what you were talking about. They buy up tons of young promising players and loan them out, whichever ones make the grade they keep or sell for higher, the ones they don't they move on. But they take more risks on players because they have more money. We can't go buying 10 youngsters every window or haven't yet.

yeah, i see the Chelsea recruitment policy as an example of what you were talking about. They buy up tons of young promising players and loan them out, whichever ones make the grade they keep or sell for higher, the ones they don't they move on. But they take more risks on players because they have more money. We can't go buying 10 youngsters every window or haven't yet.

because their strategy is different. They buy talent so others can't. In doin so they are a detriment to the game

No I don't mate.

But I do want to the club to deal with it with respect and integrity.

Again his ability isn't the question.

I tend to think I am a good manager myself. Though I always label myself as a leader not a manager. A good manager leads not manages. I have had to sack many people in my team, but I have always performed the task with respect for person.

People should be more unhappy that we have a player who is clearly willing to sit on his arse and pick up a pay check for doing nothing. The manager made it clear to the player he wouldn't feature and he gave him plenty of time to get a move, it's not like he told him deadline day that he'd have to find a new club.

Niasse is being the prick, not Koeman.

Is he?

Two story's, believe one. Everyone's choice. Just be wise enough to realise you are choosing without the facts.

Even if he is, doesn't excuse us for acting without respect.

But this is my point, our own fans are clearly buying into the.. Art of war...theory. We are no longer the peoples club...We're just a club...Just like any other.

Simple, if I was treated like that, I would be upset.

Is he?

Two story's, believe one. Everyone's choice. Just be wise enough to realise you are choosing without the facts.

Even if he is, doesn't excuse us for acting without respect.

But this is my point, our own fans are clearly buying into the.. Art of war...theory. We are no longer the peoples club...We're just a club...Just like any other.

Simple, if I was treated like that, I would be upset.

He's still here after being given ample time to find a new club in the knowledge that he wouldn't play here. That is a fact that Koeman and Niasse have both confirmed. So yes he is, and means I'm not choosing without the facts at all, Shukes.

He's still here after being given ample time to find a new club in the knowledge that he wouldn't play here. That is a fact that Koeman and Niasse have both confirmed. So yes he is, and means I'm not choosing without the facts at all, Shukes.

But they both seem to view it differently don't they.

My point still remains, a mark of a person is how they treat others,not how that person reacts.

Niasse isn't good enough to play for us. Not his fault, but still.

We need to get rid, true.

We need to humiliate the player......hmm ok we will have to disagree....fuck that, it's wrong.

I guess it depends how you want to see it, as it often does. Some think he's a dick stealing a wage others respect his decision to want to stay and fight for his place

I got told by my boss I wouldn't get an open position which I really wanted because (to simplify) I wasn't good enough; that was as much feedback as I got. What did I do? Step up anyway whilst they searched for a candidate, took over the team and it wasn't recognised. Not given a chance to prove myself despite trying my hardest (and I'm still 10 times better than the guy they found. Trouble is, my boss got this "yes man")

Maybe that's why I'm defensive of his position, I relate to his situation, maybe more than I should

Edited by Matt

I don't think he has been humiliated. All the find a new club stuff 2ent on behind closed doors till he went all Winston bogarde.

I just see nothing wrong with...

Niasse is a good hard working player but it may be that he needs a fresh start elsewhere.....

Rather than...

Any clubs interested, he's shit and has no future here...Anyone want him?

I guess it depends how you want to see it, as it often does. Some think he's a dick stealing a wage others respect his decision to want to stay and fight for his place

I got told by my boss I wouldn't get an open position which I really wanted because (to simplify) I wasn't good enough; that was as much feedback as I got. What did I do? Step up anyway whilst they searched for a candidate, took over the team and it wasn't recognised. Not given a chance to prove myself despite trying my hardest (and I'm still 10 times better than the guy they found. Trouble is, my boss got this "yes man")

Maybe that's why I'm defensive of his position, I relate to his situation, maybe more than I should

fuck matt, i hate the yes men. that sucks. mindless robots just doing what they are told without using their brain and thinking for themselves. i was taught to question authority, and i regularly do. good on you for at least giving it a go

dude, it's as funny as it is frustrating :lol:

i hear you man. the yes men are terrible, i also don't enjoy "the climbers". people who want to climb the corporate ladder so badly they will throw anyone and anything under the bus to accomplish their goals. i'm all for self-improvment and promotions, but don't be an asshat about it.

Just checked the table and reading have won 3 lost 4 this season without drawing. Maybe they just go for it in a "I'll score more than you" fashion and Niass got in behind on the counter.

Either way it isn't easy to score 3 at any level.

Never knew we was leading the table either with 6 wins and 1 loss, 16 goal difference too. Great effort that.