IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

From the Telegraph Sport match report - Hull v Liverpool.

'striker on loan from Everton, Oumar Niasse, who is comically poor at leading the line, summed up the absurdity of Liverpool's defending by scurrying through for a second on 84 minutes'.

How many times has the reporter watched him lead any line? Stupid statement.

I wasn't the only one who said a couple of months ago that he was proven himself in the U23s, and should have been given another opportunity before he was shipped out, more to fill everyone's curiosity now it's been filled and he is doing the business unfortunately not for us.

Nearly everyone posting on here has highlighted the need for another striker as cover for Lukaku and occasionally to play a long side him, I'm starting to feel that Koeman may have scored a massive own goal with his unprofessional attitude towards Niasse in the way he publicly humiliated him, because as some of us suspected we may of had that striker required already in our mists, only the manager couldn't see it or wasn't prepared to back down and lose face on his poor assessment of him, so we ended up with the star that is Valencia.

I wasn't the only one who said a couple of months ago that he was proven himself in the U23s, and should have been given another opportunity before he was shipped out, more to fill everyone's curiosity now it's been filled and he is doing the business unfortunately not for us.

Nearly everyone posting on here has highlighted the need for another striker as cover for Lukaku and occasionally to play a long side him, I'm starting to feel that Koeman may have scored a massive own goal with his unprofessional attitude towards Niasse in the way he publicly humiliated him, because as some of us suspected we may of had that striker required already in our mists, only the manager couldn't see it or wasn't prepared to back down and lose face on his poor assessment of him, so we ended up with the star that is Valencia.

to play devils advocate we dont' even sub lukaku off so whats the use? it's just bench filler in case he gets a knock.

Have a look on the Hull forums to get an idea of his form in the two he's played in..

Fickle idiots for the most part tbh having a pop at us for writing him off but then go on to say his ability on the ball is poor and he can't cross the ball for "toffee" but is very willing etc

You don't need to be an expert to see the lads not good enough for us or the level we are and want to be at. Effort and willing will only get you so far ala Straq

Edited by EFC-Paul

So a striker that can't cross for toffee? To who?

Lukaku couldn't save a shot for toffee, useless ....

I know what you mean though, same as our forums.

Pretty much 50/50 on the Hull forums. Some wrote him off due to reading our thoughts on him, some judging him on what they have witnessed so far.

Well only know after 6 months. He might be trying so hard that it's working for him. His ability will come through or he will be found out...again haha.

So a striker that can't cross for toffee? To who?

Lukaku couldn't save a shot for toffee, useless ....

I know what you mean though, same as our forums.

Pretty much 50/50 on the Hull forums. Some wrote him off due to reading our thoughts on him, some judging him on what they have witnessed so far.

Well only know after 6 months. He might be trying so hard that it's working for him. His ability will come through or he will be found out...again haha.

He played across a front three for Moscow and behind the striker (Hernandez) as part of a front four for Hull on both occasions so putting the odd cross in and not hitting row Z would be pretty much part of his game Shukes

The lad is shite and not good enough for us he may have a decent attitude and he may do well for a lower tier side but here at Everton he's no chance his lack of ability is plain to see imo

He played across a front three for Moscow and behind the striker (Hernandez) as part of a front four for Hull on both occasions so putting the odd cross in and not hitting row Z would be pretty much part of his game Shukes

The lad is shite and not good enough for us he may have a decent attitude and he may do well for a lower tier side but here at Everton he's no chance his lack of ability is plain to see imo

But Hull aren't a lower tier side.

And you do know he came on as a substitute for Hull don't you? And for their main striker...not to support him.

I do agree a forward should be able to do more than score goals... was just being naughty and pointing out that many argue that as long as a striker scores....then that's his job.

And the fact remains that he has a better stroke rate than Rom haha.

But I do agree. I do t think he is good enough for us. But I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as people have made out. Let's face it , people are still prepared to pay for him.

It might just be that he does a job at Hull, like Cleverley might do for Watford, like Gibson and Oviedo might do at Sunderland.

After seeing the players allowed to leave to get game time, and the level of teams they went to, he obviously isn't seen as good enough for where we want to be.

Thinking of it in that way, I can't really argue with it.

But Hull aren't a lower tier side.

And you do know he came on as a substitute for Hull don't you? And for their main striker...not to support him.

I do agree a forward should be able to do more than score goals... was just being naughty and pointing out that many argue that as long as a striker scores....then that's his job.

And the fact remains that he has a better stroke rate than Rom haha.

But I do agree. I do t think he is good enough for us. But I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as people have made out. Let's face it , people are still prepared to pay for him.

It depends of your perception of lower tier are Hull in the lower tiers of this league yes and that's what I meant and I'd apply that to the lower leagues as well as that's what I'd say his level is

He came on against the shite but played as part of a four pronged attack and interchanged with the other three I watched the game and he drifted out wide and couldn't offer a simple cross

Bar direct clumsy running he offers very little his balance is all over his passing ability is piss poor and his positional play is poor, he put the ball away twice and every credit and I agree that's his primary focus but you have players that offer very little bar being a threat in the box Giroud Nergredo Llorente etc and you can see a stark difference in quality the fundamentals and the basics

I'll leave it at that as it's clear as day to me that he's not good enough and rightly so moved on but that's just my opinion

Edited by EFC-Paul