IGNORED

Manchester City (League Cup Semi-Finals away - 2nd Leg)

Matt

I'm either going blind or nuts or both, but didn't see a thread for this. Anyway...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3388778/Manchester-City-winger-Jesus-Navas-need-clever-beat-Everton-Capital-One-Cup-semi-final-second-leg.html

Hoping for this:

Joel

Oviedo Jags Mori Baines

Besic Barry

Geri Ross Mirallas

Rom

but I reckon it will be TC or Ossie instead of Kev/Geri, so we've got players who control the ball a bit better.

so matt you think oviedo would be better than stones at RB for this one? i'm on the fence. think oviedo will want to prove himself and will go all out in defense and attack, but think stones offers better defensive capabilities which we need agaisnt their attack.

I think Bryan, if his injury really isn't as bad as it was initially feared, has earned that place after the Chelsea game. Stones could also do with a games rest, maybe give him a moment out of the spotlight.

Joel

Oviedo Stones Jags Baines

Barry Besic

Lennon Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Still adamant Gerry and Mirallas in the same team could lead to disaster. Especially away. Especially against City.

If the two sitters work their ass off and play well I think you'll find that those two wingers could really really hurt City on the counter. They're going to come at us and I suspect we'll be penned in a lot.

Barkley, Mirallas, Rom & Deulofeu on the counter could be absolutely devastating.

It's a combination we haven't see yet. Why?

If the two sitters work their ass off and play well I think you'll find that those two wingers could really really hurt City on the counter. They're going to come at us and I suspect we'll be penned in a lot.

Barkley, Mirallas, Rom & Deulofeu on the counter could be absolutely devastating.

It's a combination we haven't see yet. Why?

I can only assume because RM knows it wont work. Might as well call that formation 6-4. We will have no midfield to speak of whatsoever.

With all the injuries now here's what I think we will see

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori baines

Cleverley Barry

Gerry Barkley Lennon

Lukaku

Or maybe Kone for Lennon. But we don't have much more after mirallas and besic were injured.

I imagine this is pretty close, though I doubt Roberto has the stones to not start Stones.

Probably too soon for McCarthy. I'd prefer Lennon to Kone. Work rate, no comparison. Irritating that City have an extra day's rest, but maybe not a big issue. We probably need to score 2.

Oviedo left wing? Otherwise I think that is about right.

So frustrating Mirallas's injury today. LW has several possibilities, and I agree that Oviedo should be an option. I doubt Roberto will go that way. Instead, if McCarthy plays DCM, I'd guess Cleverley will start LW. IF no McCarthy, it's probably Kone or Lennon. But again, I could see Oviedo being a good choice there.

Guest rusty747

To be honest I would think about dropping Stones after Sunday's performance.

Robles

Coleman. Jags. Mori. Baines

Barry. McCarthy

Deulofeu. Barkley. Oviedo or Pienaar

Rom

This is Martinez last chance to salvage what looks to be another terrible season.

Not Sure what's available but I'd go with this:

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry Cleverley

Lennon Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Deulofeu to start on bench and be used as an impact player.

Edited by MC11

This is Martinez last chance to salvage what looks to be another terrible season.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry Cleverley

Lennon Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

i keep mulling this over and over and i think this is it MC. He will want Lennon to defend and Pienaar as well. We won't go to attack and take it to them, well sit back and pray. Hence lennon and Stevie P. I think Gerry starting would offer the most in attack but he's a liability defensively and i think we're going there for a draw.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry Cleverley

Lennon Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

I would be more than happy with that side, if we make it as far as extra time a fresh Gerry would be devastating Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic