IGNORED

Best TV series - Top 5 or 10 if you have enough

Hafnia

OK, think this is a good place for those of us who need a new TV fix... I'll list as many as I can rank.

1. Sopranos. The king, unmissable.

2. Breaking bad, very very good indeed.

3. Friday night lights - loved it as it's sport.

4. Ray Donovan - potentially a top 2.

5. Ballers, - great first series.

I need more to watch....

In no particular order apart from the first one. Unmissable stuff for me

Breaking Bad (Better Call Saul not far off).

Doctor Who

The X Files

Game of Thrones

Rome

Vikings

Lost

+(Guilty pleasure) Total nonsense with appalling acting and absurd story lines but somehow unmissable...

Prison Break.

(Wife would add Boardwalk Empire & NCIS)

Could also add Star Trek going back a bit further, not the original but Next Generation, DS9 & Voyager.

1. Breaking Bad
  2. The Sopranos
  3. Dexter
  4. Chuck
  5. 24

I could throw in a load of others to be honest. Big Trekkie (currently starting STTNG from the beginning again, DS9 and Voyager to follow), X Files, Better Call Saul, Fargo (s1), Scrubs, Black Books, Monty Python, Brooklyn 99, Daredevil... all of which, I could watch them over and over and that's just scratching the surface.

• Breaking Bad
  • The Sopranos
  • Dexter
  • Chuck
I could throw in a load of others to be honest. Big Trekkie (currently starting STTNG from the beginning again, DS9 and Voyager to follow), X Files, Better Call Saul, Fargo (s1), Scrubs, Black Books, Monty Python, Brooklyn 99, Daredevil... all of which, I could watch them over and over and that's just scratching the surface.
I forgot about chuck, great show and full of stunners.

Breaking Bad

Ray Donovan

House of Cards

Game of Thrones

Boardwalk Empire

Dexter

Halfway through The Man in the high Castle but I can't see it getting any higher in the list.

Sopranos

Some great TV shows in that list but its only my personal likes.

Edited by Bill

Hard to put them in order as each one has in parts been brilliant

Game of Thrones

The Blacklist

Boardwalk Empire

Sons of Anarchy

Penny Dreadful

Never got round to finishing the following but would definitely be in the mix from what I have watched

Elementary

Breaking Bad

Peaky Blinders

Edited by EFC-Paul

Hard to put them in order as each one has in parts been brilliant

Game of Thrones

The Blacklist

Boardwalk Empire

Sons of Anarchy

Penny Dreadful

Never got round to finishing the following but would definitely be in the mix from what I have watched

Elementary

Breaking Bad

Peaky Blinders

Breaking bad was awesome, more exciting than Sopranos, but sopranos has such an array of characters it was impossible not to get immersed in it.

Breaking bad was awesome, more exciting than Sopranos, but sopranos has such an array of characters it was impossible not to get immersed in it.

Some of the lads at work watched it each night/early morning so I only caught scattered episodes as I preferred to go and get my head down when I could :)

I'll definitely watch it from the beginning if the kids ever give me a chance!

Edited by EFC-Paul

I am the only one who got bored with Breaking Bad? Found too much stuff was out of character just to fit the plot or try and be cool.

yeah i watched the first season and some of the second. seemed to be the same episode over and over again. make meth, almost get caught, crazy getway/get deeper into shit and then get out next episode. rinse repeat.

yeah i watched the first season and some of the second. seemed to be the same episode over and over again. make meth, almost get caught, crazy getway/get deeper into shit and then get out next episode. rinse repeat.

I'm sorry but in my opinion that's complete rubbish, no two episodes were ever the same (the only one I didn't enjoy was the "Walt tries to kill the fly" one).

I'm sorry but in my opinion that's complete rubbish, no two episodes were ever the same (the only one I didn't enjoy was the "Walt tries to kill the fly" one).

That one was terrible! Definitely a bottleneck episode.

Second favorite show of all time.

Lost

Breaking Bad

Dexter

Peep Show

The Office (American version)

I am the only one who got bored with Breaking Bad? Found too much stuff was out of character just to fit the plot or try and be cool.

I think thats what the key piece of the story is... the transformation of Walt to Heisenburg.

A man who is a teacher, a bit beaten down and needs money to fight cancer and provide for his family gets caught into a web of crime and evolves into something far different to what he was.

Biggest let down for me is the Sopranos finale - David Chase got a little to carried away with himself. That along with the dream episodes were a complete waste of time and self iundulgent nonsense - maybe i'm just not into the "art".

However, one of the single best eposodes of any series i've seen is "pine barrens" - directed by Steve Buscemi. Its worth watching time and time again for the dialogue between Chrissy and Paulie. Sopranos at its best for me.

Biggest let down for me is the Sopranos finale - David Chase got a little to carried away with himself. That along with the dream episodes were a complete waste of time and self iundulgent nonsense - maybe i'm just not into the "art".

However, one of the single best eposodes of any series i've seen is "pine barrens" - directed by Steve Buscemi. Its worth watching time and time again for the dialogue between Chrissy and Paulie. Sopranos at its best for me.

Sopranos is still the best tv series I've ever watched by quite a long way. Was gutted when Gandolfini died because like you, I wasn't thrilled with the ending and would've loved to see a film or additional episodes to wrap it all up properly.

A couple of years ago I watched every episode from start to finish in less than 3 weeks. Was like a full time job but loved every minute of it, will never be another tv series as good as that IMO.

Sopranos is still the best tv series I've ever watched by quite a long way. Was gutted when Gandolfini died because like you, I wasn't thrilled with the ending and would've loved to see a film or additional episodes to wrap it all up properly.

A couple of years ago I watched every episode from start to finish in less than 3 weeks. Was like a full time job but loved every minute of it, will never be another tv series as good as that IMO.

3 or 4 times I've seen them all now..