IGNORED

Jonjoe Kenny

5 minutes ago, aaron said:

Ive always said Coleman is a shite defender, great at going forward but shite at the back so why not use Coleman as a winger and Kenny as the RB? Wouldn't be too bad.

The thought had crossed my mind too, would certainly give us more stability and threat down the right hand side

26 minutes ago, aaron said:

Ive always said Coleman is a shite defender, great at going forward but shite at the back so why not use Coleman as a winger and Kenny as the RB? Wouldn't be too bad.

if his pace is gone he will offer nothing in attack, he can't cross to save his life.  his pace and runs were what made him special.

I hope he does come back as he is one of my favorite players, but I just think he won't be the same player. His pace, stamina and aggression are what made him such a great right back, after that injury I think he will of lost two of those things.

I don't think he would make a good winger as his crossing was always hit and miss and his passing average. He is best on the over or underlap where his pace really hurt opponents.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

I hope he does come back as he is one of my favorite players, but I just think he won't be the same player. His pace, stamina and aggression are what made him such a great right back, after that injury I think he will of lost two of those things.

I don't think he would make a good winger as his crossing was always hit and miss and his passing average. He is best on the over or underlap where his pace really hurt opponents.

The thing with Coleman is that he isn't the sharpest tool and in that regard I don't think he will lose his aggression because I doubt he will think about it too much, unlike some of the others. He will do it and then deal with the consequences rather than consider the risk like most.

He certainly shouldn' be played as a winger though. Anyone thinking that should have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The thing with Coleman is that he isn'tt the sharpest tool and in that regard I don't think he will lose his aggression because I doubt he will think about it too much, unlike some of the others. He will do it and then deal with the consequences rather than consider the risk like most.

He certainly shouldn' be played as a winger though. Anyone thinking that should have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Why? He’s been one of the best attacking outlets we’ve had for years and his best performances are usually in the oppositions half. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Why? He’s been one of the best attacking outlets we’ve had for years and his best performances are usually in the oppositions half. 

Because at FB he gets the space he needs to play. As a winger he won' get the same luxury. Not only that but we should be aiming higher than a RB playing as a winger! 

9 hours ago, aaron said:

I get the point, but I think Coleman is good going forward because he’s coming from a deeper position. 

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Because at FB he gets the space he needs to play. As a winger he won' get the same luxury. Not only that but we should be aiming higher than a RB playing as a winger! 

I’m not saying it’s ideal or what I want, but it’s a viable option and might be good for Kenny in the long run. 

Just checked the mirror by the way. I’m a handsome bastard after a shave :unsure:

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

We tried Coleman at right midfield. He doesn’t have the skill set for it. He is a marauder. He works best coming from full back position and building momentum and speed to blast past players.

When he was first tried there he had a good start, but was then quickly found out and moved further back to RB.

It'd be totally wrong to play him as a RM. If he looks shit if he automatically comes back in for Kenny or can't displace Kenny then he can sit on the bench and wait his turn.

Because Coleman is not a RW he is a RB and we need to put the days of square pegs in round holes behind us. That and Coleman is far from being a shite defender

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was a shite defender but his defending has come on massively. 

I think that was because he started RW with a decent RB in Hibbert covering and showing the defensive side and learnt from it. There’s good arguments to playing a position that you then have to support once you’ve developed and solidified your role.  

Again, not saying it’s ideal but to dismiss it completely is daft. 

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think that was because he started RW with a decent RB in Hibbert covering and showing the defensive side and learnt from it. There’s good arguments to playing a position that you then have to support once you’ve developed and solidified your role.  

Again, not saying it’s ideal but to dismiss it completely is daft. 

It’s not daft at all when it was shown that he was quickly worked out as a RW and is why it was stopped. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Might be my memory, but wasn’t it at least the first half of the season?

Does it matter how long? The only thing that matters is that it stopped working because his surprise factor could no longer make up for his lack of ability as a true winger. 

I’m not a fan of squeezing players in in other positions just get them in the team. If they can’t get in in their natural positions then they shouldn’t get in at all. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Does it matter how long? The only thing that matters is that it stopped working because his surprise factor could no longer make up for his lack of ability as a true winger. 

I’m not a fan of squeezing players in in other positions just get them in the team. If they can’t get in in their natural positions then they shouldn’t get in at all. 

Just pointing out it was game time, valuable experience. I’m not one for shoving players in for the sake of it, which is why I’ve repeatedly said it’s a viable option but not ideal

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Sell him please, he’s not good enough

No harm in letting him have a season on loan playing first team footy. Has shown more than garbutt ever did yet is pushed out the door quicker.