IGNORED

Carlisle United (FA Cup 4th Round Away) Sunday January 31

markjazzbassist

alright now that we've seen the lineup and subs for the league cup match let's get this lineup sorted for Sunday

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Galloway

Cleverley Barry

Lennon Osman Pienaar

Kone

Note: I think Seamus will be given a start to get back to match fitness for Newcastle. Same with Jags. Clev and Barry really the only 2 DCM we have except Gibson who's going on loan possibly. Lennon and Pienaar nailed on to start i believe, Osman i'm thinking will start cause Ross got the broken nose and might need a rest.

Ross will be ok with a fat nose!

They wear those daft mask things these days! And he's a Scouser!

lol i agree but i think he'll need a day or so to get it set and managed, not sure if 3 days after he's playing a match. might be better to wait till newcastle midweek. i'm not a doctor though, you could be totally right newty.

lol i agree but i think he'll need a day or so to get it set and managed, not sure if 3 days after he's playing a match. might be better to wait till newcastle midweek. i'm not a doctor though, you could be totally right newty.

Pah, he'll be ok. He'll just look like a right twat.

Surely this game we can introduce a couple of youngsters I'm thinking Joe Williams and kieran Dowell on Wednesday we have a big game against Newcastle I think with the games coming up we should also look at one of our young centre backs.

Ossie should be history now or come from the bench.

Was just going to mention that we should look at some young CBs. Stones needs to take a seat for a minute to get himself sorted. Mori has been mostly good but he's played a lot. Do we have anyone else that can do a decent job there?

Was just going to mention that we should look at some young CBs. Stones needs to take a seat for a minute to get himself sorted. Mori has been mostly good but he's played a lot. Do we have anyone else that can do a decent job there?

pennington holgate foulds galloway

Edited by markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

I would start Jags and Galloway as CBs. Always nice to have a bit of experience and a good chance for Galloway to stake his claim.

Mori has done well but would probably appreciate a breather before playing against Newcastle.

Stones needs benching or not even being named in the squad for Carlisle. It wont be his sort of game, wont be his sort of pitch (just been relaid post flooding and may well cut up badly) and taking him out of the limelight for a week or so will give the lad a chance to give his head a wobble!

My team:

Robles

Coleman Jags Galloway Baines

McCarthy. Barry

Lennon. Barkley. Oviedo

Lukaku

Bring the youngsters on after 60 mins if the game is won. Bring on Deulofeu if we are in the shit.

Subs:

Howard. Pennington. Mori/Holgate or Foulds. Osman. Cleverley or Pienaar. Deulofeu. Kone

Note to Martinez: We are playing on a relaid pitch which will probably cut up badly. We are not playing on a snooker table. Please adapt tactics accordingly. The early ball forward for Rom to win is the way to go. No tippy tappy across our back four on a ploughed field for a pitch please.

Edited by rusty747

I agree with Rusty on this. Horses for courses. If we try and play our normal game on this pitch we will come unstuck. When I see modern day teams playing the short passing game on pristine, billiard table pitches, I think back to the pitches in the 1960's. Ankle deep in mud and a five yard pass had to be hit pretty hard. If we don't adapt, we will be giving the ball away frequently.

I agree with Rusty on this. Horses for courses. If we try and play our normal game on this pitch we will come unstuck. When I see modern day teams playing the short passing game on pristine, billiard table pitches, I think back to the pitches in the 1960's. Ankle deep in mud and a five yard pass had to be hit pretty hard. If we don't adapt, we will be giving the ball away frequently.

They have got a brand new pitch that is more than likely in better condition than Goodison

If we can avoid conceding a deflected goal, an own goal or a goal where the ref has missed an obvious infringement (hand ball or ball crossed the line)....

....we should have way too much for Carlisle.Because to be honest, we've been better than most teams we've played this season, we could and should have killed those off with ease, the worrying thing is why we couldn't.

If on the other hand, Carlisle show more fight and willing, we will get what we deserve.

If we can avoid conceding a deflected goal, an own goal or a goal where the ref has missed an obvious infringement (hand ball or ball crossed the line)....

....we should have way too much for Carlisle.Because to be honest, we've been better than most teams we've played this season, we could and should have killed those off with ease, the worrying thing is why we couldn't.

If on the other hand, Carlisle show more fight and willing, we will get what we deserve.

You forgot 'give away a shit penalty'.

Exactly. It doesn't make sense when we look back.

I think your right, it's down to spirit and fight.