IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

I wasn't sure if something like this had been posted before. I seem to remember something but couldn't recall whether it was a thread or a post??

Mods, you can merge or deleted as appropriate.

So there's a lot of disgruntled (rightly so) and faithless fans about at present and even though we al know, Martinez will never get sacked outright, SHOULD that happen, who would you like in?

I've seen shouts for Ferguson and Moyes but in honesty, they're not what we need right now. Ferguson is too inexperienced and Moyes is too negative (and has youth team trust issues).

So who would you pick?

Weinzierl at Augsburg, doing some fantastic stuff. Plays the right way and keeps his players motivated, despite their lack of technical ability.

Marchelino at Villarreal, is incredible at getting the best out of young players. Plays a fantastic psychological game with them to get them working hard and detracts problems away from them, without ignoring the areas they can improve. Villarreal are money tight but he manages to find hidden gems everywhere and creates teams that just work. Would do wonders with the players we have right now.

Lucien Favre is currently looking for work after creating a super power in Borrusia Mochengladbach. A team that struggled for years before he made into a constant and incredible Bundesliga threat.is very good at changing systems to suit situations (unlike Martinez). Great man manager to.

I was a massive fan of Tuchel when Moyes was leaving, we definitely missed a trick with that one.

Those are my picks, think the likes of Frank De Boer are out of our league unfortunately.

Suggestions?

Pete you're crazy mou would never come to a club this small. Sherpa Hughes is at a club the same size with better standing why would he leave that to move down? Neither make sense.

I looked back lowesenda to old posts i made about this. I recommended Bilic (gone and doing well), laudrup (not doing well), pardew (doing the same as Roberto with a smaller club). Don't think any of the 3 are available or would take the job.

Favre is a decent thought. Although he didn't start the season so well and got canned. I loosely follow BM cause they have us international Fabian Johnson on the wing. But you're right he did build that club to qualify for CL and recruited class players on the cheap (xhaka, hazard, Raffael, Fabian, etc)

I'd add Marcelo Biesla. Tough guy no softy, attacking football, did well with Bilbao and Marseille.

Koeman would be great but I think that's more a lateral move he would probably want to move to a bigger club. So it's not realistic in my opinion.

Managers don't just decide based on today's league standing...they decide on history, size of club, wages, resources, potential...

That's all I'll say...as Martinez still has my support (although it feels shattered at the moment!).

PS. What do you mean, Pete, that Chelsea would pay most Mourinho 's wages?!!!

Managers don't just decide based on today's league standing...they decide on history, size of club, wages, resources, potential...

PS. What do you mean, Pete, that Chelsea would pay most Mourinho 's wages?!!!

BOLD - I concur.

Yeah, I wasn't sure on what Pete meant. I did read that Mourinho was on and is after, upward of £250k a week.

I'd add Marcelo Biesla. Tough guy no softy, attacking football, did well with Bilbao and Marseille.

If Bielsa were in the running, at least he gets his players to hard-press defensively, something we are seriously bad at.

Good shout. He is very erratic though. You think Favre is bad for leaving 5/6 games in, Bielsa left after 1 game into a season. He'd (MB) be a short term solution for me.

Would love Howe, just think he'll stick with Bournemouth, for the time being.

Eddie Howe for me he's young and hungry and plays great football.
Plus he's a blue I think he could step up a level
And doesn't talk gobbledegook.

Going back to Favre, I've just been having a look to see if I could find any articles about roles/jobs he's potentially been interviewed for and I came across this one

http://europeanfootballtalk.com/2015/12/26/lucien-favre-someone-hire-him/

He's a Borrussia Mochengladbach fan and he's pleading for someone to hire him, as he believes he's an incredible coach. Most interestingly, he highlights 3 European teams that he believes would benefit from Favre's management. Hannover, Marseille and....Everton(!)

The second club is a bit of a long-shot, but a combination that I believe would be extremely successful. Before taking over at Everton, Favre would need Roberto Martinez to leave the club. While some fans may want this the positive feeling in the media around Everton makes this somewhat unlikely. No matter, it’s always enjoyable to speculate, especially in football.

Favre’s ability to work with youngsters may well be key to potential success at Everton. With players Ross Barkley, Romelu Lukaku, Gerard Deulofeu, John Stones and Brendon Galloway at the club, the Toffees have a lot of potential spread throughout their squad. With Favre in charge the potential could become reality. What’s more these young players would be great in a counter attacking set up. The pace of Deulofeu and Lukaku would pose a real threat on the break, especially when combining with Barkley and Stones’ passing ability – formidable.

Everton has also proved under Martinez that they are a good side in possession of the ball and the flexibility of the squad would be an alluring factor for Favre.

I’ve already spoken several times about Favre’s ability to get the best out of players, and at Everton a player who I believe would really benefit from Favre’s coaching is the new Argentine centre back Ramiro Funes Mori. The former River Plate man has shown some impressive defensive instincts in his 11 premier league appearances to date, but he leaves most of Goodison sitting uneasy with his rash decision making.

That’s where Favre would come in, his ruthless attention to detail could make Funes Mori into a more reliable defender and potentially a mainstay in Everton’s defence. These methods could make Everton and England’s golden boy John Stones into a more pragmatic defender, for better or for worse.

Despite all the positive effects Favre could have on Everton one problem could be the fact he doesn’t speak the language, which wouldn’t be much of a problem if tackled in the right way.

For me a change at Goodison Park would be a good thing, whilst they play some great football under Roberto Martinez they haven’t improved on his great first season, and the club risks stagnating if they continue to be wooed by Martinez’s brand of football.

Edited by Lowensda

Claudio Ranieri, though I doubt its now possible.

Got Leicester playing the style we should be playing with our current squad, and gets best out of players. Our current squad could quickly adapt to change of style which seems to be working in the Premier League.

Didn't get the credit he deserved building Chelsea as Mourinho took credit.

Pete you're crazy mou would never come to a club this small. Sherpa Hughes is at a club the same size with better standing why would he leave that to move down? Neither make sense.

I looked back lowesenda to old posts i made about this. I recommended Bilic (gone and doing well), laudrup (not doing well), pardew (doing the same as Roberto with a smaller club). Don't think any of the 3 are available or would take the job.

Favre is a decent thought. Although he didn't start the season so well and got canned. I loosely follow BM cause they have us international Fabian Johnson on the wing. But you're right he did build that club to qualify for CL and recruited class players on the cheap (xhaka, hazard, Raffael, Fabian, etc)

Koeman would be great but I think that's more a lateral move he would probably want to move to a bigger club. So it's not realistic in my opinion.

Move Down? From Stoke!

If we replace Martinez which i think is doubtful with the current board, i wouldn't want to try an unproven manager like Howe, i also want a manager that can attract big name players and keep the ones we have, i don't think Howe could do that.

We need to get back on track as soon as possible. Someone like Diego Simeone for me but we'd have zero chance in getting him.

Think you mean poor, because without doubt Chelsea are the smaller team in terms of just about every other aspect of a club.

Incredibly disrespectful comment from a Blue.

TBF they've gone along away to redressing that in the last decade or so, but you're right.

My problem with Howe would be his inexperience, marteniz is massively experienced, he's managed Swansea and Wigan! Look a West Ham, they have brought in a international coach of a very good world team, and he's also managed some very good teams, and it seems to be working for them! We need someone how has managed at champions league level, and can bring that mentally to our club

Think you mean poor, because without doubt Chelsea are the smaller team in terms of just about every other aspect of a club.

Matt I speak in the present. I didn't know the glory days and I know everyone here rightly or wrongly thinks of us as a big club. But currently we are not. Te bridge is bigger than Goodison, attendance as well, euro success and cup success and league success. I'm not talking history. It's not disrespectful it's the truth. Ask any neutral who is the bigger club and its unanimous. we need to start living in the present and not holding onto the past.

They have, but silverware and attendance wise over footballing history is miles off.

Why should a manager give a shit about our footballing history? He cant buy back Dixie Dean, he cant buy back the mid 80's. All a manager is concerned with is his ability to be successful. It's easier to be successful with a great squad, large transfer budget, large stadium, large fan support, great chairman/CEO. Difficult to say right now where Everton sit on that scale with regard to Stoke, West Ham, Leicester, Southampton

Ok, fair enough. Didn't know this.

Presumably someone is stepping up to the plate though if he's unwell.

Just doesn't seem like it. No one is acting as 'leader' while he continues to fight this illness or is at least standing in for him.

He (understandably) nor the rest of the board have been at games of late (not that many of the others did). The club seems to be just treading water without any idea of what it's doing.

Someone needs to stand up and take the f*cking reigns.

Guest rusty747

Here is some footballing history for those that think it important;

In the last 20 years Everton FC has won nothing, zip, nada, nil.

If we want to start winning things in the future we have to confront, acknowledge and deal with, our recent history - which is bloody awful.