IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

If we really want to aim big we need a big name manager.

It is very pie in the sky, but Mourinho has said he wants to stay in England. What club bigger than us want him? He may end up at United, but I cant see it now. Unless Poch leaves Spurs.

Go big, he could easily have £130m to spend in the summer if we let Stones go and then with the TV money.

Probably unrealistic, but aim high.

I also wouldn't mind Manchini if you could get him. Either way I want a manager who isn't nice.

It is very pie in the sky, but Mourinho has said he wants to stay in England. What club bigger than us want him? He may end up at United, but I cant see it now. Unless Poch leaves Spurs.

Go big, he could easily have £130m to spend in the summer if we let Stones go and then with the TV money.

I also wouldn't mind Manchini if you could get him. Either way I want a manager who isn't nice.

Concur. Aim for a big name and someone who knows what winning is all about.

I like the nice image we portray in our off field activities (EITC, Disability sport, Charity work) but on the pitch, I want us to be selfish and heartless. It's about Everton. About us being the best and wanting to win. I couldn't care what other teams think of us. Our 'soft' attitude is going against us and it needs to change.

Concur. Aim for a big name and someone who knows what winning is all about.

I like the nice image we portray in our off field activities (EITC, Disability sport, Charity work) but on the pitch, I want us to be selfish and heartless. It's about Everton. About us being the best and wanting to win. I couldn't care what other teams think of us. Our 'soft' attitude is going against us and it needs to change.

Exactly, be nice off the pitch, have your players looking smart and helping the community, but on the pitch I want to see fighters.

If anyone saw Antonio on Goals on Sunday, he might as well have said Everton are soft and we hit them because of it.

Exactly, be nice off the pitch, have your players looking smart and helping the community, but on the pitch I want to see fighters.

If anyone saw Antonio on Goals on Sunday, he might as well have said Everton are soft and we hit them because of it.

Can there be anything worse than the opposition seeing you as a push over? God I hate that...and that's Martinez all over, the other managers will be best pals with him but behind his back snigger at him coz he's soft as shite and they know they can bully points of us. Can you ever imagine anyone being genuinely fearful coming up against a Martinez team? Do we really want Tim Nice But Soft As Shite managing us?

Sport is a ruthless business, to suceed you need to be hard nosed and a little bit nasty. And to reference the team of the mid 80s everyone keeps comparing this lot too, that's exactly what they were - a team of hard men led by a hard drinking genius of a football man who had winning in a blue shirt in his blood. Sum up what we lack under Martinez - will, desire, determination to win, whatever the cost.

I remember saying on here a few years ago that I wanted us to be hated as we shit on everyone from a great height. We're liked because we're not a threat. As soon as we get hatred thrown our way we'll know we're going in the right direction.

Amen

I remember saying on here a few years ago that I wanted us to be hated as we shit on everyone from a great height. We're liked because we're not a threat. As soon as we get hatred thrown our way we'll know we're going in the right direction.

Arteta.... Technically gifted but always a fine line away from kicking someone.

Dirty little player..but he was our dirty little player. We need a few of them.

Arteta.... Technically gifted but always a fine line away from kicking someone.

Dirty little player..but he was our dirty little player. We need a few of them.

And Cahill. They epitomized how I want Everton as a whole to be seen - fans of other clubs would want us to lose, would talk shit about us, because deep down they know we're better than they are. Right now we're not anyone's radar, no one cares what we do because in the end we won't do anything, we won't threaten anything, and we look good while we fail.

People don't usually talk shit about Barca either. But it looks like you want us to be more like Revie's Leeds than Catterick's Everton.

Barca have a few snide Players themselves.

You need to believe you are better than everyone else to be at the top.

Would be happy with de Boer (although no complaints on Favre), he definitely wouldn't be happy settling for mid-tier and seems to really like building up young players.

He'd give us the inside track on the likes of Milik, Cillessen, Klaasen and El Ghazi.

Milik and Embolo up front would be a decent replacement for Lukaku, if he goes.

People don't usually talk shit about Barca either. But it looks like you want us to be more like Revie's Leeds than Catterick's Everton.

Catterick had a midfield of Kendall, Ball and Harvey... outrageously gifted, but proper competitors to a man.

From more recently. Cahill epitomised what we currently lack, but Tommy Gravesen deserves a shout. He was sublime the first half of 04/05, ran the midfield with visiin and bite in ewual measure.

Tbf I dont think our midfield is that bad, Barry, McCarthy and Besic all have an edge to them, its our defence that looks powder puff.

Tbf I dont think our midfield is that bad, Barry, McCarthy and Besic all have an edge to them, its our defence that looks powder puff.

I wouldn't describe Mori and Jags as powder puff, nor Stones for that matter.

What we lack is confidence, and training. By training I mean the kind of repetition based sessions that Moyes used to run.

I have always found that confidence flows from effective training.

What about Diego Simeone? Doesn't seem to get a mention. Done a great job at Athletico, been there a while now so may be seeking a new challenge. Id never have considered him a realistic target but with the new investment he may be tempted? Thoughts?

? We could also steal Pep from City while we are at it!

Mauricio Pochettino is quite a big name - 18 letters.

Seeing as lots of people are going to be talking about Simeone can you think of my sanity and use Atletico rather than Athletico. Please? :unsure:

Many apologies, didnt think a very slight error would mess with your sanity! Hope your ok!

I'm not sure why people are laughing so much at the Simeone shout? but yet Mourinho's name is being branded about.

If Mourinho takes over at UTD, Pep has the City job, Chelsea look to have sealed Conte, so then if he decides to manage a team in the Prem then why not us? Id never thought possible before the investment, but with the promise of a large transfer kitty, new stadium and the usual high salary that we pay our managers then why wouldn't he come? I don't think its as unrealistic as what some people are making out.

Rudi Garcia's still available (a name I don't think has been mentioned as much as it should), kept Roma very competitive for a few years after a bad spell for the club. Turned Totti into the focal point of the team, which made them tick (think how Barkley could be used in ours).

Here is a tactical overview of his work.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/11/11/analysis-in-depth-look-at-romas-flexibility-triangles-totti-under-rudi-garcia/

Available. Viable. Great coach.

Unless Pellegrini / Simeone is available, Garcia would be my second or third choice. Problem is, my #1 has a job while the other two are out of it at the moment.

#1 Emery

#2/#3 Favre / Garcia

Does Garcia speak English? Favre apparently doesn't, which is a bit of a problem.