IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

That's a total nothing answer, your pants are down (as they so often are), get over it.

Not really.... You're trying to argue Martinez could be the next Kendall or Ferguson based on their poor runs. I'm just pointing out that they are amongst a very small percentage who have. The majority of others turn out lemons. 18 months really isn't a short run of bad form. It's long enough to see a pattern forming.

Like I say I'm very confident His short comings will be seen in the next 2 years if that.

Not really.... You're trying to argue Martinez could be the next Kendall or Ferguson based on their poor runs. I'm just pointing out that they are amongst a very small percentage who have. The majority of others turn out lemons. 18 months really isn't a short run of bad form. It's long enough to see a pattern forming.

Like I say I'm very confident His short comings will be seen in the next 2 years if that.

I'm not remotely trying to suggest that a poor run means imminent success, I'm just pointing to two examples where it happened. Where keeping the faith with the manager paid off big time. Not suggesting it will happen this, just putting forward the possibility.

You cannot possibly quantify "a very small percentage/lemons" because you have no idea what would had happened if they stayed.

Bottom line (again). If the internet/TT existed in 1983 95%+ would be screaming for Kendall's head and you'd have been at the forefront (had you been born). Or would you not?

If the majority had had their way we'd have far less in the trophy cabinet than we have.

Not saying Roberto will do a Kendall but his current position is far better than Howard's was thirty years ago. Fourteen goals in twenty-three games and Carter kept the faith. What would you be saying? And what would it have cost us?

I'm not remotely trying to suggest that a poor run means imminent success, I'm just pointing to two examples where it happened. Where keeping the faith with the manager paid off big time. Not suggesting it will happen this, just putting forward the possibility.

You cannot possibly quantify "a very small percentage/lemons" because you have no idea what would had happened if they stayed.

Bottom line (again). If the internet/TT existed in 1983 95%+ would be screaming for Kendall's head and you'd have been at the forefront (had you been born). Or would you not?

If the majority had had their way we'd have far less in the trophy cabinet than we have.

Not saying Roberto will do a Kendall but his current position is far better than Howard's was thirty years ago. Fourteen goals in twenty-three games and Carter kept the faith. What would you be saying? And what would it have cost us?

Over 61 games in the league he's failed to live up to expectations. In his first season he inherited a top 6 team and managed to finish 5th it was a great season. But I still maintain he took over a solid base. There's no question about that. The foundations seem to be crumbling now and this isn't a bad run there is something deeply wrong. Either that or the players we have just aren't that good.

The goals we are shipping is a huge concern and that for me falls down to the manager. We have a really strong back four/five on paper. I don't think we defend as unit anymore..... It's all very erratic. We play about in our own half far too much, push too many many men forward and leave ourselves open. We're not going to be successful like that! He's trying to play like Barcelona without the players.

Yeah but was Kendall full of so much shit it was leaking out of his nostrils and eye sockets?

Eddie Howe would jump at the chance. All the Bourmouth fans down here love Martinez so let's swap them around.

A true Everton fan in charge you would at least see some passion.

Totally agree that Howe would be great. The determination that Bournemouth has shown has been impressive. That's the sort of think that's lacking right now for Everton.

How about Sean Dyche seems like he gets his teams playing with enthusiasm.

And seems quite good in the transfer market.

Are you serious?

He did well at Burnley granted but they were still relegated despite having a good squad.

He is Moyes light, we need to progress and get a manager who can take us forward and is able to find the balance between Moyes's defense first and Martinez attack at all cost.

Martinez has dropped some of the rubbish football from last season, don't know that he wanted to, but it looks like player and crowd/ player pressure got the result of less tip-tap rubbish for a more direct approach.

If all involved with the club ( players, fans, share holders, chairman etc ) are willing to give him time, maybe he can evolve a bit more.Maybe with Martinez it's a slow process.Can he keep the big three (Lukaku, Stones and Barkley) and start to grind out results, tighten the defence, get us back to top 4/6.

Or can he cash in on one of the above players and buy the missing pieces of the jigsaw to build a really great team.you could buy 3 pretty decent players with £60 million)

I'ts a scary thought that he just might not be able to do either, or that out there somewhere is some one who could really get this club up and running.

How much more time should we give him, that's a question as big as who should replace him.Liverpool replaced Brenda with Klopp, but for the usual bit of rs luck I don't see a better liverpool.

Edited by Blue 250

Martinez has dropped some of the rubbish football from last season, don't know that he wanted to, but it looks like player and crowd/ player pressure got the result of less tip-tap rubbish for a more direct approach.

If all involved with the club ( players, fans, share holders, chairman etc ) are willing to give him time, maybe he can evolve a bit more.Maybe with Martinez it's a slow process.Can he keep the big three (Lukaku, Stones and Barkley) and start to grind out results, tighten the defence, get us back to top 4/6.

Or can he cash in on one of the above players and buy the missing pieces of the jigsaw to build a really great team.you could buy 3 pretty decent players with £60 million)

I'ts a scary thought that he just might not be able to do either, or that out there somewhere is some one who could really get this club up and running.

How much more time should we give him, that's a question as big as who should replace him.Liverpool replaced Brenda with Klopp, but for the usual bit of rs luck I don't see a better liverpool.

Klopp hasn't got his own side yet it's his first transfer window & Its January. We'll see them improve after the summer.

Yeah but was Kendall full of so much shit it was leaking out of his nostrils and eye sockets?

The media access wasn't remotely comparable so it's impossible to compare the two. But he was confident in his ability, the vast majority of the fanbase wanted him sacked and so had no confidence in him at all so I think if you'd asked people back then they'd have said yeah he was "leaking shit".

Is there a better manager available than Rafa Benitez?

I didn't like the idea at first but after it was put to me I think I could forget the past. He is a big name, so would attract big players. He has won plenty! He lives in the area already. There's no chance of Liverpool wanting him back now they have Klopp and he wants to be in the premier league.

I think it would make perfect sense.

I didn't like the idea at first but after it was put to me I think I could forget the past. He is a big name, so would attract big players. He has won plenty! He lives in the area already. There's no chance of Liverpool wanting him back now they have Klopp and he wants to be in the premier league.

He also said he'd never manage Chelsea. I'd have him he for sure.

I was thinking along similar lines but I wimped out of saying it publicly

How much time would the new guy get to get it right? And what would 'right' look like?

Many fans seem to be saying that this lot should be top 4. If a new bloke came in and didn't get top 4, what would you think?

If it was your choice of Manager from the offset, be it Benitez, Howe, whoever...what's your expectations and how long does he get to teach that expectation?

How much time would the new guy get to get it right? And what would 'right' look like?

Many fans seem to be saying that this lot should be top 4. If a new bloke came in and didn't get top 4, what would you think?

If it was your choice of Manager from the offset, be it Benitez, Howe, whoever...what's your expectations and how long does he get to teach that expectation?

It's minimum top 6 for me. I'd be happy with that.

Would that have to be straight away? Like first season? Or within 2 or 3 seasons?

I agree though, or at least fighting hard for the top 6.

If given a full preaseason and transfer window one campaign top half of table, second campaign top 6. I give the first one a little leeway in case they're left with a lot of dead wood or players that don't fit their style. Like klopp with Liverpool. Top half but not challenging for CL really cause they aren't work horses.