IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

Managers don't just decide based on today's league standing...they decide on history, size of club, wages, resources, potential...

That's all I'll say...as Martinez still has my support (although it feels shattered at the moment!).

PS. What do you mean, Pete, that Chelsea would pay most Mourinho 's wages?!!!

I'm assuming he's not been paid the full whack when he was sacked,similar to Moyes.

If he had he could come on a reasonable wage for the years Chelsea have already paid him for.

If Bielsa were in the running, at least he gets his players to hard-press defensively, something we are seriously bad at.

Good shout. He is very erratic though. You think Favre is bad for leaving 5/6 games in, Bielsa left after 1 game into a season. He'd (MB) be a short term solution for me.

back to this. yes true he did leave but i believe it was transfer dealings, he said don't sell the top players and they did so he left. i don't think he'd have that issue here. but yes he can be a bit erratic. doesn't play a 4231 either which would be a welcome change. 3331 his creation.

Let's get things into perspective Martinez has brought in some very good talent. He has done more than bad. It's just the little bad that is the issue.

Because of his attitude people dont trust him to address his short falls.

These shortfalls should be easy enough. A defensive coach - simple as that. You can still be singer songwriter in the band without losing the lead status - just because you have to allow the drummer license to do his thing doesn't make you weak. It makes the band sound better.

It's up to him. Get a top defensive coach in and respect his views or fail.

Let's get things into perspective Martinez has brought in some very good talent. He has done more than bad. It's just the little bad that is the issue.

Because of his attitude people dont trust him to address his short falls.

These shortfalls should be easy enough. A defensive coach - simple as that. You can still be singer songwriter in the band without losing the lead status - just because you have to allow the drummer license to do his thing doesn't make you weak. It makes the band sound better.

It's up to him. Get a top defensive coach in and respect his views or fail.

This.

After it not working out for Howe when he left Bournemouth for Burnley I think he'd be reluctant to do it again any time soon.

The Burnley fan I know hails Howe for their promotion and good standing now - says he laid the foundations. Howe's Mrs supposedly didn't settle up north though.

1) Villas Boas

2) Emery

3) Di Matteo

Please in that order

di matteo would be the only one of the 3 who would possibly come here. Villas Boas is winning the league and advancing in CL, he's not coming here where there is no CL. Same with Emery, they are top 5 every year in La Liga and in CL or Europa why would he come to a lower table side in england?

i'm all about putting up suggestions but let's be realistic. We got a relegated manager in Roberto who'd just won a cup and before that we got a Championship manager in Moyes. I'm not sure how CL competiting managers are even in the discussion.

Edited by markjazzbassist

di matteo would be the only one of the 3 who would possibly come here. Villas Boas is winning the league and advancing in CL, he's not coming here where there is no CL. Same with Emery, they are top 5 every year in La Liga and in CL or Europa why would he come to a lower table side in england?

i'm all about putting up suggestions but let's be realistic. We got a relegated manager in Roberto who'd just won a cup and before that we got a Championship manager in Moyes. I'm not sure how CL competiting managers are even in the discussion.

Because we shouldn't be a lower table team. Under Moyes we were a solid top 6 team on numerous occasions. The Sevilla of England without the European trophies. Villas Boas would come here IMO

PS don't think Zenit will win the league this season they're currently 6th.

Edited by MC11

Possibly with this squad we might attract a higher calibre of manager....possibly!

That's if we could keep the squad together. Even if we couldn't and sold £150m of talent, that much in the kitty might attract a higher calibre of manager.

It's all 'pretend play time' talk of course!!!

Because we shouldn't be a lower table team. Under Moyes we were a solid top 6 team on numerous occasions. The Sevilla of England without the European trophies. Villas Boas would come here IMO

PS don't think Zenit will win the league this season they're currently 6th.

Yes but the coach we got after all those 5th place finishes was a relegated cup winner, not quite the likes of mourinho simeone blanc ancelotti.

I agree with you and want the best but if I take of the blue colored glasses I just don't see the attraction for others managers to come here. Finances stadium are deterrents, only positives are academy and current players but they could be sold or move on.

Sorry thought zenit won the league last year, form must've taken a hit due to CL. They won every single match perfect record in the group stage.

The Burnley fan I know hails Howe for their promotion and good standing now - says he laid the foundations. Howe's Mrs supposedly didn't settle up north though.

i work with the Bournemouth announcer and he said Eddies Mrs would take a lot of persuading to go back up north. I think managing your club you supported as a boy would win though.

Not slagging burnley off but you can't compare that area to liverpool

there's a massive difference in the city's.

Especially now a days. Liverpool is more than able to stand on its own as a hot-spot for social and leisure reasons.

It's always been about 20 years behind Manchester (in terms of what it can offer) but I do believe that now, Liverpool offers a lot more than its Mancunian neighbor.

i work with the Bournemouth announcer and he said Eddies Mrs would take a lot of persuading to go back up north. I think managing your club you supported as a boy would win though.

Are we seriously considering a manager with half a seasons premier league experience who doesn't even have the full support of his wife?

If we're considering swapping the manager because we're mid-table and getting knocked out of cup semi finals it better be for a tried and tested all singing all dancing all winning superstar.

Guest rusty747

Lets put this age thing in to context shall we. At the age of 38 a certain Howard Kendall had almost been fired as Everton manager. At 39 he won the FA Cup and at 40 he did the double of league title and Cup winners cup - if my maths and memory are correct.

Edited by rusty747

Lets put this age thing in to context shall we. At the age of 38 a certain Howard Kendall had almost been fired as Everton manager. At 39 he won the FA Cup and at 40 he did the double of league title and Cup winners cup - if my maths and memory are correct.

Comparing our position after twenty-three games in 83/84 to now. Was Kendall's third season also.

Back then we were 18th (22 team league), W7 D7 L9 Goals F14 A24 GD -10.

Today we're 12th, W6 D11 L6 Goals F40 A34 GD +6.

Not going to draw any conclusions from that, you can draw your own, just think it's interesting reading.

Comparing our position after twenty-three games in 83/84 to now. Was Kendall's third season also.

Back then we were 18th (22 team league), W7 D7 L9 Goals F14 A24 GD -10.

Today we're 12th, W6 D11 L6 Goals F40 A34 GD +6.

Not going to draw any conclusions from that, you can draw your own, just think it's interesting reading.

Or we could compare Kendall's inability to get a talented squad any higher than mid-table during his second spell.

Despite our lowly league position, decrepit stadium, and shithouse commercial deals, I still reckon we're a very attractive proposition to many European coaches. We have a very solid squad, with reasonably money for players every season and in the biggest, most watched league in the world. Managers who want to make a name for themselves want to work in England.

Not sure that's what we need, but there certainly seems a dearth of quality UK managerial talent.

Or we could compare Kendall's inability to get a talented squad any higher than mid-table during his second spell.

Spot on. The Kendall & Ferguson shouts make me laugh. Really scraping the barrel and relying on chance. There's been more dead wood in this position than there has been gems -FAR MORE.

Spot on. The Kendall & Ferguson shouts make me laugh. Really scraping the barrel and relying on chance. There's been more dead wood in this position than there has been gems -FAR MORE.

How do you judge that?

You have no idea how sacked managers would've done had they not been sacked v the guys who took over.

Unless you claim some sort of foresight (wouldn't surprise me).