IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/robin-van-persie/verletzungen/spieler/4380#ath

He was out for 14 weeks of the season. He hardly played 90 mins all season. So 12 goals would suggest he played well under Moyes.

Am I right in thinking Moyes never won a game away at Chelsea, redshite, Arsenal or Man U?

I always thought he bottled the big games played to lets say not lose but if we could nick a goal and grab a draw thats great!

To be fair its better than we have at the minute but not the mindset I would like to see moving forward.

Before we move forward we need to stabilise the team. Every season is worse than the one before it feels. Stop the rot first move forward second would be the best plan imho.

EDIT: Moyes COULD do that but there are other managers around.

Edited by Rubecula

Doesn't sound like he is going anywhere soon

https://twitter.com/jameswefc1983/status/724139339995840513

Like I said yesterday; I think he's going to get until January depending on how the players perform in our final games.

If they play like they did in the second half yesterday he'll get a reprieve. But if they go back to the lethargic shite it'll show that they were only playing for themselves and the occasion in the second half and he'll go in the summer.

Like I said yesterday; I think he's going to get until January depending on how the players perform in our final games.

If they play like they did in the second half yesterday he'll get a reprieve. But if they go back to the lethargic shite it'll show that they were only playing for themselves and the occasion in the second half and he'll go in the summer.

I think this is it. Just assuming this is the scenario, however, the interesting question is, what happens if the performances in the last 4 are not consistently like the Wembley second half? That is, what's his future here if there's some really good football, but mixed with conceding from corners, stretches of disorganization, strange substitutions, no plan B or C for RB?

And probably most difficult, what if the fans at Goodison boo him even if the performances against Bournemouth and Norwich are dominant?

Bill likes to tell us how much he does it all for the fans, I won't take into account the £30m profit he's just made for all his hard work, but he can't persist with a manager of the fans want him gone. I just don't see how he can. No one is disputing what a nice guy Roberto is, but nice guys finish last. Don't keep going against the fans Bill, it won't do you any favours. Bill has got one last chance to make a mark on this club, to bring the fans back together who have been divided over their opinions of him and his work over the last decade, do something big. Hire a manager we can all get behind and then move on.

Watched Toffee reckons a meeting has taken place to discuss and that they're just working out the cost outlay/timing.

I'm still not sure. We put a fight in that second half, if we continue like that I think he might survive. If we sink back to derby standards then it's impossible.

I think its gone too far for him to stay, we look a million miles away from putting in a decent 90 min performance. We are a laughing stock, every team in the league will fancy playing us right now. From our remaining fixtures there is only Bournemouth who have nothing to play for but i still fancy them to win.

For me it's at the point of "arrogance and philosophy" over "adaptability and change".

The definition of madness is doing the same thing time and again and expecting a different result.

If you were about to play an Everton/Martinez side you would know the following and be able to train to counteract the style for a whole training week usually.

1) we will play 4-2-3-1

2) we will play possession football deep in our own half

3) we will look to push up our fullbacks whenever possible

4) we are weak at defending set pieces

SAF used to have a philosophy and a favoured formation, but if it wasn't working he'd change it. Then other managers find it much more difficult to plan to how you're going to play. And I don't mean a knee jerk change. I mean a well planned, fully trained selection of back up formation and plays that can be utilised when Plan A clearly isn't working.

Could you imagine if Martinez put out a 4-4-2 Direct Ball team just for one match? Do you think the opposition would be ready for that as they try to pressurise us high up the pitch only to watch it go sailing over their heads in to the spaces behind?

Next match it keeps the manager guessing as to what we're going to do. By all means have your core philosophy to play to, but this should be augmented by other styles as a Plan B and C.

We keep going out to play exactly the same way in the same formation, with nearly the same players every time and when we lose, do the same all over again as though it was a one-off and it'll be better next time if we just keep plugging away and work harder at the same things.

Very Frustrating!

For me it's at the point of "arrogance and philosophy" over "adaptability and change".

The definition of madness is doing the same thing time and again and expecting a different result.

If you were about to play an Everton/Martinez side you would know the following and be able to train to counteract the style for a whole training week usually.

1) we will play 4-2-3-1

2) we will play possession football deep in our own half

3) we will look to push up our fullbacks whenever possible

4) we are weak at defending set pieces

SAF used to have a philosophy and a favoured formation, but if it wasn't working he'd change it. Then other managers find it much more difficult to plan to how you're going to play. And I don't mean a knee jerk change. I mean a well planned, fully trained selection of back up formation and plays that can be utilised when Plan A clearly isn't working.

Could you imagine if Martinez put out a 4-4-2 Direct Ball team just for one match? Do you think the opposition would be ready for that as they try to pressurise us high up the pitch only to watch it go sailing over their heads in to the spaces behind?

Next match it keeps the manager guessing as to what we're going to do. By all means have your core philosophy to play to, but this should be augmented by other styles as a Plan B and C.

We keep going out to play exactly the same way in the same formation, with nearly the same players every time and when we lose, do the same all over again as though it was a one-off and it'll be better next time if we just keep plugging away and work harder at the same things.

Very Frustrating!

Agreed, especially the bit in bold. Leicester went with a 442 at the weekend, a change from their norm I think, and it paid dividends. That, and the fact that they never stop working!

.... and the fact that they never stop working!

The difference between our "energy-rate" and that of so many of our opponents is troubling. I suppose we could put this down to Martinez's philosophy or tactics, or to Jagielka's weak leadership. But a few players, and Barkley most obviously, appear to be coasting too often. Barkley is immensely talented, but watching the match a second time yesterday (......), wow, he looked lost quite often, sometimes ran (well, jogged) without any clear purpose, didn't follow opposing players moving to attack.

But it can't be just Barkley. Yes, Lukaku is wildly inconsistent. Lennon, Cleverley, and McCarthy show energy, but even their exertions are often ineffective, I guess because not coordinated with teammates -- which gets back to Martinez, presumably.

Anyhow, I certainly could not claim Everton are a team that "never stop working."