IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

I actually had people pissing themselves on Saturday.... upon the awful first half display there were shouts "change it now"

I laughed and said "don't be silly, that does not happen until 70 minutes.... give or take 30 seconds"

69 minutes 35 seconds deulofeu for lennon.

Unbelievable.

And? In what way does that go against what I've said!?

"Appreciate all he's done"

Suppose it's just a matter of opinion.

I feel the buy out is a big step forward. Not just for the money, but the person himself.

A person that sounds like he has brought into Everton and not just a football team.

I also think BK had a lot to do with that.

Suppose it's just a matter of opinion.

I feel the buy out is a big step forward. Not just for the money, but the person himself.

A person that sounds like he has brought into Everton and not just a football team.

I also think BK had a lot to do with that.

Moshiri has done absolutely nothing so far, so I don't know how you can really get the impression he's bought into Everton! Edited by Romey 1878

Moshiri has done absolutely nothing so far, so I don't know how you can really get the impression he's bought into Everton!

Maybe because he has, literally speaking, bought into Everton :D.

(though I understand that wasn't what you were referring to)

Moshiri has done absolutely nothing so far, so I don't know how you can really get the impression he's bought into Everton!

Quite easy. What I have read so far is it took a long time of interviewing and meetings before Moshing got Everton.

I haven't met the bloke so I can only go on what's reported.

I'm going to say something unpopular but I think Andre Villas-Boas would be a great appointment.

In the last two seasons at Zenit Saint Petersburg he's repaired a lot of his reputation by winning the Russian Premier League and then leading them to the Champions League Round of 16. His spells at Chelsea and Tottenham were not as chaotic as memory dictates. At Chelsea there were some bad losses, but he was sacked in his first season when they were sitting at 5th - keep in mind Mourinho didn't get the sack until they hit 16th this season. Chelsea were also at the Round of 16 in the Champions League when he got sacked and they went on to win it that season. At Tottenham he finished 5th in his first season missing Champions League qualification by 1 point which is commendable. In his second season Tottenham won all six of thier europa league games. He was sacked in December of that season when they slipped down to 7th in the league. His sacking was mostly on the basis that he didn't spend the Gareth Bale money efficiently when Paulinho, Soldado, and co. turned out to be flops - but accountability for that has to be split evenly with the Tottenham board and higher-ups at the time including Franco Baldini.

Overall he's got a good pedigree, do not forget that he led Porto to an undefated season and a Europa League title in 2010-11.

He has a list of commendable achievements in the champions league and europa league.

He's got experience in the premier league - two PL manger of the month awards at Tottenham. And you'd expect he's learnt from his mistakes.

He's off contact in a few months and is available.

I'd be very happy if he was signed as manager.

While AVB has signed some big flops, he's also signed some serious talent in his time:

At Porto:

James Rodríguez from Banfield - £4m

João Moutinho from Sporting - £8m

Nicolás Otamendi from Vélez Sársfield - £3m

At Chelsea:

Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht - £10m

Thibaut Courtois from Genk - £7m

Gary Cahill from Bolton - £7m

Kevin De Bruyne from Genk - £6.7m

Patrick Bamford from Nottingham Forest - £1m

At Tottenham:

Jan Vertonghen from Ajax - £9.5m

Christian Eriksen from Ajax - £11.5m

Nacer Chadli from Twente - £7m

But if we sign AVB I don't think it'll do much to keep Lukaku here, but that might already be a lost cause.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/664420/Everton-Celtic-David-Moyes-Roberto-Martinez-next-manager-odds-gossip

I sincerely hope not. It would show that our ambitions haven't changed one bit with the new money, and that we have no desire to better ourselves.

He would be mad to turn down Celtic, and we equally mentally challenged to re-appoint him.

Best of luck to him, just don't want him here.

Moyes should do himself a favour and go to Villa or Celtic, we're not the club he left.

My position is still the same, if we're going to sack a manager because we're mid table and semi-finals of domestic cups, then the replacement better be an all singing all dancing all winning superstar and they better cash him up because the squad in nowhere as good as everyone is making out.

He's deemed a 'failed' manager at top clubs now and players will know it.

He's previously struggled to convince big names to play for Everton (a fair few big names turned us down) and he'll struggle even more now.

That boat should have sailed but it's the one I genuinely believe will happen. This was a PM i've sent -

My absolute fear about the managers situation, is that Kenwright will want Moyes back. As he's deemed a "safe" pair of hands. Especially considering the rut we find ourselves in.
Kenwright knows him and can work with him. I also think it might be why Moyes hasn't quite moved on yet. He's been sounded out as a possible replacement.
I can honestly see this happening. Kenwright will believe he's doing us (thend fans) a favour by bringing someone who had "previous success" at the club but couldn't compete originally due to financial restraints.
I'm hoping not. Of course.
Edited by Lowensda

Moyes should do himself a favour and go to Villa or Celtic, we're not the club he left.

My position is still the same, if we're going to sack a manager because we're mid table and semi-finals of domestic cups, then the replacement better be an all singing all dancing all winning superstar and they better cash him up because the squad in nowhere as good as everyone is making out.

But are people looking at league position and semis as being a sack or keep scenario???

I don't think so. First off most people think he's full of shit... unfortunately this is becoming more and more evident.

Secondly he appears to have completely lost the players.

Third our tempo, fitness, defensive play, set piece play and number of points sacrificed from winning positions is abysmal.

The fact that many fans were worried that winning the FA cup would secure his job tells you everything you need to know about his position.

Edited by Hafnia

Bill and the board should be doing everything humanly possible to get pellegrini in, he has no club after this season, he has massive experience in champions league, he can attract names, and he doesn't talk flannel after matches!! Get him in, it's a no brainier!

Kenwright still here worries me big time. He has no ambition whatsoever and the wanting Moyes back really worries me. Moyes had 10 years ffs - not unfinished business at all. Imagine how flat we'd all be to see Moyes announced and Bill with his arm around him thinking he's appointed the best manager in the world. Kenwright needs to go as he's holding us back. This is a new start for Everton football club with Moshiri at the helm so if he's as big of an Evertonian as he mentions then step aside and let Moshiri take us forward. I just hope Moshiri Is firm with him as otherwise we'll see his influence again with Martinez still here or Moyes back.

Edited by Geth

Personally i think Moyes is coming back. i just have a feeling. I imagine he is still on good terms with Kenwright and i agree with the above statements that Bill will see Moyes as 'safe hands' after 2 miserable seasons. The unfinished business will be that he worked on a small budget and made us a top 5 challenging side so now we have money i imagine Kenwright will be happy to bring him back to the club.

Guys guys, has Kenright said he wants Moyes back? Or is it more Moyes has hinted that he is open if the chance arrives?

How many times have we been here before with players etc.

It's not just Kenright but a whole board that will decide.

And if they do decide to either keep RM or hire Moyes....will it deemed that Moshiri is the wrong man too?