IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

Martinez has lost the dressing room he doesn't have long left...

Oh God has he?

I suppose that's it then. Has something happened or has just lost all confidence from them?

Is it a single person, group or all of them?

Suppose I will read it in the media over the next few days.

Oh God has he?

I suppose that's it then. Has something happened or has just lost all confidence from them?

Is it a single person, group or all of them?

Suppose I will read it in the media over the next few days.

It makes me wonder. It really does

I can't reveal my source due to job protection but the players have lost faith in him and have gone to the extent to say they 'hate' having him as a manager.

Interesting.

Although you have to accept we'd have to take this with a pinch of salt.

Would it surprise me? No.

What else did your source say?

I understand that you can't take my word for it and just that there is alot of tension in the dressing room... Players are beginning to clash with Martinez and due to his stubbornness he doesn't take their point of view into account... Mr Barry is a more public example of this due to him speaking out against Martinez's tactics.

• 1 month later...

pellegrini? No thanks what an awful shout

Based on what? His time at Villareal where he did a fantastic job? So well, in fact, that Real Madrid signed him. There he got the highest point total the club has ever gotten, unfortunately for him Barca got even more. Then again, after being sacked by Real (principally because Mourinho was available, otherwise he would have stayed) he again did a good job at Malaga. Another club, another points-breaking season plus they did well in the Champion's League. Oh, and he also won the title and League Cup with City.

So if he's an awful shout then who the heck in this world is good enough? Or is your memory so short you can't remember past this season? Why do you think clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester City who can pick any manager they want opted for Pellegrini?

Based on what? His time at Villareal where he did a fantastic job? So well, in fact, that Real Madrid signed him. There he got the highest point total the club has ever gotten, unfortunately for him Barca got even more. Then again, after being sacked by Real (principally because Mourinho was available, otherwise he would have stayed) he again did a good job at Malaga. Another club, another points-breaking season plus they did well in the Champion's League. Oh, and he also won the title and League Cup with City.

So if he's an awful shout then who the heck in this world is good enough? Or is your memory so short you can't remember past this season? Why do you think clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester City who can pick any manager they want opted for Pellegrini?

I'm basing it on the basis of the basis that basisly he's basisly no good.

Like the idea of de Boer. Ajax youth set up is legendary, would love to see some of that nous go in to bringing more of our kids through.

Valverde at Athletic Bilbao - career win ratio of 45%, tons of European experience.

Vanhaezebrouck at Gent, worked wonders there.

I still think Eddie Howe would do a great job here, just can't see him leaving Bournemouth while they are still in the Prem.

Top of the list though - Favre. Took both Hertha and Monchengladbach into the top four in Germany, plays a fluent, pacey, counter-attacking style that would suit our squad down to the ground.

Edited by nogs

I'm basing it on the basis of the basis that basisly he's basisly no good.

So a manager has an average season and he turns shit? How many managers in the world are there who haven't had a poor season?

If he had had a great season City would not let him ho. But thsnks, you answered my question. You can't remember past this season.

Top of the list though - Favre. Took both Hertha and Monchengladbach into the top four in Germany, plays a fluent, pacey, counter-attacking style that would suit our squad down to the ground.

He's my choice, been saying his name for a few months. Available to. Has good experience of dealing with Europe and a competitive league.

For those who aren't aware of his work, here's another article about his tactics.

http://theinsidechannel.com/lucien-favres-tactics-at-borussia-monchengladbach/

Overview....

Success rate as coach:

48,7 % Wins

22,0 % Draw

29,2 % Losses

18.png?lm=1442954880 40.png?lm=1396275477Bor. M'gladbach 10/11 (Feb 14, 2011) 15/16 (Sep 20, 2015) Manager 189 (games) / 1,65 (average points per game)

44_1400597374.png?lm=1400597374 40.png?lm=1396275477Hertha BSC 07/08 (Jul 1, 2007) 09/10 (Sep 28, 2009) Manager 94 (games) / 1,48 (average points per game)

260_1422886488.png?lm=1422886488 148.png?lm=1396275450FC Zürich 03/04 (Jul 1, 2003) 06/07 (Jun 30, 2007) Manager 164 (games) / 1,86 (average points per game)

61_1405367082.png?lm=1405367082 148.png?lm=1396275450Servette FC 00/01 (Jul 1, 2000) 01/02 (Jun 30, 2002) Manager 25 (games) / 1,52 (average points per game)

Edited by Lowensda

What about Diego Simeone? Doesn't seem to get a mention. Done a great job at Atletico, been there a while now so may be seeking a new challenge. Id never have considered him a realistic target but with the new investment he may be tempted? Thoughts?

De Boer is a good shout also. I think now the investment has come in and we are looking at the a different standard of player i think the Eddie Howe shouts need to stop, we need a manager that could attract some top names to play for us.

***edited for the sake of peoples sanity*** ;-)

Edited by Dean

De Boer is a good shout also. I think now the investment has come in and we are looking at the a different standard of player i think the Eddie Howe shouts need to stop, we need a manager that could attract some top names to play for us.

Post Moshiri I agree, before then, Howe would have been a good option (IMO). Now, if Moshiri wants a return on his investment, I don't think Martinez is the guy to spend the money. Need safe hands, with a plan and a proven record of being astute in the market.