IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

The first article talking about Jose, now we know times are changing.

I'd love to see the current side play with Joses aggressive attitude, throwing tackles in and putting pressure on referees.

If you want big time, Jose puts your club on the map!

the style in play is exact opposite. more like moyes park the bus. probably would be

New GK

Coleman Stones Mori Oviedo

McCarthy Besic

Lennon Barkley New LW

Lukaku

I imagine Barkley would get the Hazard free range role, with Lennon the Willian type 2 way player and a new LW to attack/defend. Mccarthy would be the Matic destroyer, Besic the passing link. Would be a super fast counter attacking team, especially lennon barkley lukaku besic coleman.

Counter attacking is what we are best at, look at our away form. Add some steel and aggression, we could challenge.

From your team I'd say Geri would play right and Lennon be the let side attacking defender. But then I'd expect a solid new central midfielder.

Mourinho...? I'm sure I've heard most of this board saying Martinez's big redeeming feature is the style of football he has us playing. Mourinho is the exact polar opposite, screw the spectacle, just win. Bit of a u-turn wouldn't you say?

Won't happen anyway, he's the ultimate big time Charlie, won't look twice at a club not in the CL. Plus he's a prick.

I don't think mourinho is a pipe dream at all. Moshiri is very good friends with mourinhos agent Mendes,

6 years ago he said this....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-madrid-boss-jose-mourinho-3352953

I think Everton represents the best opportunity to prove that he's a class manager. Going to man united has the expectation that winning league is a box ticked and continuing the job of fergie , doing it at Everton is creating his legend again.

I don't think mourinho is a pipe dream at all. Moshiri is very good friends with mourinhos agent Mendes,

6 years ago he said this....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-madrid-boss-jose-mourinho-3352953

I think Everton represents the best opportunity to prove that he's a class manager. Going to man united has the expectation that winning league is a box ticked and continuing the job of fergie , doing it at Everton is creating his legend again.

Exactly, it would be his greatest achievement.

Also I don't buy that his teams don't play good football.

Last season Chelsea played some great football, scored lots of goals, didn't concede many. Then after Christmas its time to finish the job off, siege mentality. Performance doesn't matter, three points matter.

I'll ask everyone, would you rather play nice football and finish 12th or Mourinho's anti-football and win the league?

Exactly, it would be his greatest achievement.

Also I don't buy that his teams don't play good football.

Last season Chelsea played some great football, scored lots of goals, didn't concede many. Then after Christmas its time to finish the job off, siege mentality. Performance doesn't matter, three points matter.

I'll ask everyone, would you rather play nice football and finish 12th or Mourinho's anti-football and win the league?

Like you say, I don't think it's anti football for me and I'd much rather win the league.

Personally I think tiki-crappa is anti football....

Like you say, I don't think it's anti football for me and I'd much rather win the league.

Personally I think tiki-crappa is anti football....

Glad I'm not the only one. I hate it when we pass it sideways. Sometimes a long ball over the top is the best option.

I went off Jose in his last stint at Chelsea his attitude took a nose dive previously he was witty and had that likability about him, saying that would I have him here if it were my choice? Most definitely as said player pulling power and a winning mentality

I doubt it would happen but I genuinely think we could be a very viable option for him if he has the winning and "special one" mentality that he's known for and as Steve said a challenge that could put him firmly back on top of the managerial list (if successful)

I still like Martinez he does have a few good qualities but he's had enough time and he obvious reluctance and stubbornness to alter or better his flaws leaves me with no hope he ever will, if we do get shut I just hope its an experienced and capable name not the likes of Howe and co

Edited by EFC-Paul

Honestly the more and more i think about it. I think Moshiri will give Roberto next year, during which time he will be taking over the majority of the club and then after next campaign he will either sack martinez (if he hasn't won a trophy or CL) or sign him to another deal (if he wins stuff). I dont' think the new owner wants to fire him just yet, i'd think he would want continuity while he takes over.

I think you might be right. It seems like Moshiri's short-term goals are to keep star-players at the club for next season and to expand transfer-market spending. Martinez is a good recruiter and keeping him at the club may be necessary for the two aforementioned goals. However, I don't doubt that Moshiri has set concrete goals for Martinez, and if these goals are not met, then Martinez is out. With so much time on the sidelines at Arsenal, I also have no doubt that Moshiri has a short-list of coaches to take over at Everton.

I think you might be right. It seems like Moshiri's short-term goals are to keep star-players at the club for next season and to expand transfer-market spending. Martinez is a good recruiter and keeping him at the club may be necessary for the two aforementioned goals. However, I don't doubt that Moshiri has set concrete goals for Martinez, and if these goals are not met, then Martinez is out. With so much time on the sidelines at Arsenal, I also have no doubt that Moshiri has a short-list of coaches to take over at Everton.

spot on.

Mourinho's teams play attacking football against weaker teams but defend tightly against weaker. Half of "Mourinho only defends" crap started after they humiliated Liverpool at Anfield costing them the title.

There was also that shockingly negative CL semi final against Barca... and the way he played at Porto...

But more to the point, we talk about Everton having a very special identity as a club, we like to see ourselves doing things different to every other club. Mourinho wouldn't give a fuck about that, he's an egomaniac who would spend two, three seasons max with us, turn us into the sort of team that piles 10 men around the ref when decisions went against us, and if we did win anything, take all the accolades himself.

Yes I want to win. But I want Everton FC to win, year in, year out. Mourinho is all about Jose Mourinho. No thank you.