IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Wednesday February 3

markjazzbassist

Drinking with one of my city mates tonight and he was raving about Barkley like the next big thing. Plus he wouldn't be surprised if city bought stones for £50 mil. I said both have been disappointing, Mori looking the better, but luckily he's not English so might go unnoticed.

He agreed about jags being the leak link in defense, supporting distin. As distin covered alot.

Team for me 4-2-3-1

Joel

Coleman - Jags - Mori - Baines

McCarthy - Barry

Deulofeu - Barkley - Lennon

Lukaku

Subs

Cleverley for McCarthy

Mirallas for Lennon

Niasse for Deulofeu

End with a more defensive 4-4-2

Joel

Coleman - Jags - Mori - Baines

Mirallas - Barkley - Barry - Cleverley

Lukaku - Niasse

Gives Rom some support. Adds bodies in midfield. Work the counter late in the game when they're tired.

I've noticed a few of us have put Lennon in on the left, just to fit him in i'm guessing. Interchanging with Del, would be ideal, keep things fresh in the first half and tire them out for the late game.

Edited by Lowensda

Guest rusty747

If Roberto is giving Stones a lesson in humility then I totally agree with it. But don't go ott like he did with Mirallas please Roberto. Short, sharp shock, then back on the bench and fight for your starting place.

That said, I would like to have seen Galloway on the bench. We could be struggling if either Jags or Mori get a knock and have to go off. I know Barry can do a job there but a cb on the bench would have made sense to me.

Edited by rusty747