IGNORED

Stoke City (Away) Saturday February 6

markjazzbassist

i remember the days when we'd say it's stoke away 3 points. but now Hughes has done a fantastic job recruiting and transforming their style. I'd be happy with a draw to be honest. Give the new boy some minutes as well.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

McCarthy Barry

Gerry Barkley Lennon

Lukaku

Sub - Niasse for Lukaku at some point

Tbh, I can't remember those days. Going to Stoke (indeed playing them anywhere) has always been a tough game and never somewhere you'd expect us to pick up 3 points.

i always felt under pulis it was a rugby match but the win was there for the taking. moyes had them decently sussed either that or my memory is shot.

3 pts absolute must for me. Not so much for the league table but for retribution. I want to see us flying about going up 2-0 and dominating the rest of the way. If i was RM i would have the team sit in the locker room prior to kickoff and show the last 10 mins of the game at Goodison. If the players dont come out firing after that sell them in the summer.

i'd like the same lineup i originally suggested but if Rom is hurt have Niasse start. Great opportunity to leapfrog Stoke and start making a run for Europe. COYB

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

McCarthy Barry

Gerry Barkley Lennon

Lukaku/Niasse

Niasse hasn't played a game since the 10th of December. It'd be asking a bit much to start him!

I'm assuming we took Rom out as a precaution. We were well in control of the game, and Roberto probably decided it was best to not risk him any further (I think he's been playing with a slight injury since Man City pt. 1). I expect that he will be back in Saturday.

We won't be rushing Niasse in there. Probably won't see the field on Saturday, even as a sub. He's got to get situated and bed in at training, and he's got to get into match shape after not playing for nearly 2 months.

I'm assuming we took Rom out as a precaution. We were well in control of the game, and Roberto probably decided it was best to not risk him any further (I think he's been playing with a slight injury since Man City pt. 1). I expect that he will be back in Saturday.

We won't be rushing Niasse in there. Probably won't see the field on Saturday, even as a sub. He's got to get situated and bed in at training, and he's got to get into match shape after not playing for nearly 2 months.

was that due to injury or holiday break that those eastern euro countries get? cause if it's the break he's in shape already. im hoping that is it.

was that due to injury or holiday break that those eastern euro countries get? cause if it's the break he's in shape already. im hoping that is it.

Winter break. He'll be physically fit, sure, but he'll be nowhere near match fit. And coupled with coming to a completely different league I think it'd be stupid to start him, and a bit harsh on the bloke.

Apparently Rom could hardly walk when leaving the stadium...real worry there.

What pissed me off is Coloccini instantly apologised to Rom, so he knew it was a foul, but the ref gave absolutely nothing!

That's what I'm thinking too. A solid 60 from him and then sub Kone on to finish. I think a half fit niasse is better than a match fit Kone.

Mark! You've never seen him play! I'm excited for a new player up top, too. But, there's no way we can just assume he's already going to fit into the team and perform better than Kone when he's only put on the shirt with jeans, so far.

Mark! You've never seen him play! I'm excited for a new player up top, too. But, there's no way we can just assume he's already going to fit into the team and perform better than Kone when he's only put on the shirt with jeans, so far.

lol i don't think highly of kone anymore man that's all it is. we could have put mcaleny up top and i'd still think we'd get better results.

I've watched 30 mins of Zenit v Lokomotiv in the cup last year. The games on youtube. He didn't look much on that to be honest. Played upfront on his own.

Fuck these pricks!! Who cares what the "history" says- lets rip them 9 new assholes each (to start). Joel in, new striker, start of a new era for EFC. Lets get the first consecutive PL win this season!!

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sharing your optimism COYBs

First back to back wins of the season...were on our way.

Is Shawcross still out? If so I think we'll batter them. Offered nothing against United and we've finally got a bit of confidence. Will likely need Rom though, or else really excellent support for Kone so as he only needs to hold it up and play it off.

Shawcross is out and Wollschied is a doubt which may mean Muniessa and Bardsley at CB unless Imbula can cover there as many DCMs can. Would love to see Rom against a Stoke defence minus their 2 first choice CBs - fingers crossed.

If Rom is out, I'd seriously consider moving Ross up top in a false 9 and put Geri in behind him keeping the solidity of Lennon and Cleverley either side.