IGNORED

Bournemouth (FA Cup Away) Saturday February 20

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

If Joel plays here I'll be expecting Howard to be back as the league keeper.

That's a good point. I would like to see Joel play in the Cup and the League now. Howard needs to learn he is no longer the undisputed No.1 and that he has to up his game.

I like Mark's starting 11 apart from maybe start with Lennon on the right andlet Del boy run riot in the second half.

This is no way a guaranteed win. The only thing that is guaranteed is that we have a chance to get knocked out due to our inconsistency and one-trick pony approach. I'd like to say that we should win this but I know better by now. Honestly I haven't a clue and it could go either way.

I'm not sure how anyone can claim Everton are currently a "one trick pony." We adopt a particular style of play, yes, but so do most teams.

Steve - when do we ever mix it up? Go 4-4-2? Set Gerry left and Lennon right? Get Barry off ? We do the same shit every week and teams are onto us. WBA parked the bus, we knew it, and we nothing to show for it. That is s one trick pony. When was the last time Roberto really thought outside of the box? Please let me know. Creative alterations is not in our vocabulary.

Edited by chalkpie

Steve - when do we ever mix it up? Go 4-4-2? Set Gerry left and Lennon right? Get Barry off ? We do the same shit every week and teams are onto us. WBA parked the bus, we knew it, and we nothing to show for it. That is s one trick pony. When was the last time Roberto really thought outside of the box? Please let me know. Creative alterations is not in our vocabulary.

agreed, RM's first year we did a 433 a couple times that was real nice, but we haven't seen it since then.

Seriously can't anyone see what the powers that be have done here?!

Atkinson is not going to do one thing to stop us winning the game - he will probably award us the game just to show the world he isn't against Everton. Bournemouth are a nice little club who can take the hit in this debacle.

Its a ridiculous appointment - why would he be given this game so soon after a disgusting decision that cost us heavily? For one - he wouldn't be given the game if it was at Goodsin as he would get destroyed, the fans would tear him apart.

You can just see the thinking and conversation now:-

"Martin, its a bit concerning. We know you have shafted Everton a few times now in big games and in all seriousness it looks pretty bad. Now, people are thinking that you will not be near Everton again, but we are going to do the opposite... all eyes will be on you. All you need to do is make sure Everton get the majority of the questionable decisions - don't make it too obvious.

If you play this right, Everton will go through and at the end of the day its only Bournemouth, the game will be watched by 15m+ on the BBC and they will be able to see that you are a good honest ref"

I hope every Evertonian at the ground chants abuse at him even when he is giving us the decisions - enough is enough.

Robles - shouldn't be any question.

Back four? I'd keep Oviedo in play and bring Baines back for the game against Villa.

Further forward, there are many possible permutations. I'd like to see both Deulofeu and Mirallas start, although the chances of that are small. Niasse will be hungry to make an impact.

So, for me...

Robles

Coleman, Jagielka, Funes Mori, Oviedo

Barry, McCarthy

Deulofeu, Barkley, Mirallas

Lukaku

Bring on Niasse and Lennon in the second half.

I have to compliment Hafnia on reading the mind of the powers that be.

I believe they are playing games with us to try and keep most people happy most of the time.

You can fool most people most of the time but you can never fool all people all the time.

Bournemouth will have to play very well or us very poorly for them to win - that is my prediction.

Atkinson might as well retire if he screws us again today - his reputation is at stake - painted himself into a corner

My wish is that we outplay them and beat them fairly and squarely without any assistance from any official

Saw some tweets that Howard is no longer the #1 keeper so I expect to see Robles. Would love to see a similar side to the last 4 except would like to see Geri get the start over Lennon. Lennon would be the first sub in for whichever winger is tired.

But it's usually our number 2 keeper that plays in cup games, so you'd think Howard would play if he is now our number 2.

Maybe Martinez would see that as disrespecting Tim though, and we all know he's a nicey nice fella!

Guest rusty747

No, don't think he is injured but we have to rotate, too keep players motivated and fresh, we have the Villa game in 4 days.

I think the Villa game is a week on Tuesday mate.