IGNORED

Aston Villa (Away) Tuesday March 1

markjazzbassist

Just got the one FA Cup match up in this forum so I'd thought I'd get the Premier League match next as well to get the chatter going. We'll have had a full week's rest and then some after the FA Cup match since the Derby was postponed. Full Strength and i expect a full 3 points. If we can't beat the bottom side then we need some serious helps/changes.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry

Gerry Barkley

Lennon Mirallas

Lukaku

Rm will never do it but it's our best XI i believe and a side set up to attack.

Just got the one FA Cup match up in this forum so I'd thought I'd get the Premier League match next as well to get the chatter going. We'll have had a full week's rest and then some after the FA Cup match since the Derby was postponed. Full Strength and i expect a full 3 points. If we can't beat the bottom side then we need some serious helps/changes.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry

Gerry Barkley

Lennon Mirallas

Lukaku

I just can't figure out how Deulofeu, Lennon, and Mirallas could play at the same time. Replace Deulofeu with McCarthy or Cleverley and maybe the setup is realistic.

I just can't figure out how Deulofeu, Lennon, and Mirallas could play at the same time. Replace Deulofeu with McCarthy or Cleverley and maybe the setup is realistic.

Lennon bombs the wing as does Mirallas. Gerry and Barkley are attacking through the middle and creating chances with their passing. Villa has awful defense so a full out onslaught could rack up some goals and end the match right quick.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

Barry

Gerry Barkley

Lennon Mirallas

Lukaku

now that is an exciting line up and very clever. Perfect for counter, quick feet sitting deeper with pace either side. Like it!

now that is an exciting line up and very clever. Perfect for counter, quick feet sitting deeper with pace either side. Like it!

I would call it a King's Gambit (for anyone who's into chess). At the very outset, we'd be signaling a very aggressive intent. I'd worry, though, because games are usually won and lost in midfield. Wouldn't this be introducing too much risk?

I would call it a King's Gambit (for anyone who's into chess). At the very outset, we'd be signaling a very aggressive intent. I'd worry, though, because games are usually won and lost in midfield. Wouldn't this be introducing too much risk?

well never see it steve. it will be the same lineup as last week,

robles

coleman jags mori baines

mccarthy barry

lennon barkley cleverley

lukaku

subs - 80' gerry for lennon. 85' niasse for lukaku 90' mirallas for cleverley

that'll be what it is, RM is a man of habit.

We would be, which is great. It makes the opposition nervous when they attack. Neither Geri or Ross are ball winners, but if you have a Barry/McCarthy just behind to make a block and they pick up the loose ball, they've got effectively 2 wingers on either side to bring into the game with pace. If the pacy wide men get covered, the centre becomes exposed and both Geri and Ross can exploit that space well. All those 2 need to do in the midfield is harry the guy in possession into a mistake rather than tackle to win the ball back, and provided Lennon and Kev do some tracking back too, the midfield will be busy enough with fast players with good ball control. I really like the idea!

edit: and the way Villa played against that lot last week, this is the perfect time to have a tinker and be more aggressive.

Edited by Matt

I'm not sure you need to signal much against Villa. They are really terrible. Just start a strong squad and I think this should be 3 points. Maybe if it is 0-0 late, move to a more attacking team, but I'd save the really aggressive stuff for Arsenal, United or LC.

Or you absolutely hammer a team and build confidence for those games...

Although, when we have a side on the ropes we don't go for the kill anyway, so we'd probably stop going for it at 2-0 anyway.

Sorry, as much as I love the idea of Fantasy Football and Football Manager style line ups...I can't see how you could possibly line up with Lennon, Barkley, Gerri and Mirrallas...if would be amazing on paper but in reality they'd try to occupy each others space and nullify each others work. Plus you also have Coleman and Oviedo going forward on the wings...leaving Jags, Mori and Barry back...far to open.

Anyway, back to reality (!!!)...no reason to change the current line up. It's doing its job and I think in the run up, the WBA result will prove to be the mishap rather than the norm.

-------------------Robles

Coleman----Jags--------Mori----Oviedo

--------------------Barry

Lennon---------Barkley----------Gerri

----------------Kev

------------------------Rom

I won't happen but I can't see why it wouldn't work Lennon is a workhorse who tracks back Barkley does his share and its one side of Gerri's game that has improved although Baines may compliment him better in that regard

I agree with Newty it could leave us wide open but surely these lads are capable of heading instructions there's not as much need for wingbacks if you have good wingers and if they do overlap the others sit back anyway won't happen but in theory I personally think it could and would work

Edited by EFC-Paul

BBC...

Is Jason Derulo performing in Stoke tonight? Roberto Martinez is in attendance at Stoke.
It is more likely that it is because Everton play Aston Villa in midweek, but he may has well gone for a bit of a boogie at a Derulo gig somewhere instead. On this showing, he won't have much to fear from Villa. Stoke are dominating play and I wouldn't be surprised if they get a third.
Kiss of death for us :(.

This is the worst Villa team I've seen for a long time, full of mercenaries and unprofessionals.

I can't emphasise how much I want to win this one, just to condemn their fate early.

However....As the West Brom game has shown; form, tactics and ability bare little on the result of this fixture, so we'll probably lose this one.

Forgot to mention it yesterday but Kone missed our last game due to illness and is back in the squad for this one.

If he makes the bench I hope it's at the expense of Osman or Pienaar and not Mirallas. I'll lose my mind if it's the latter.

Need 2-3 players who can do a striker role in the squad. Lukaku, niasse and kone will all be in the squad.

That's the reality.

Osman shouldn't need to feature, ideal game for mirallas imo.

Edited by Hafnia