IGNORED

Djibril Sidibé

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was great today. Let’s hope he doesn’t carry the trend on of one good game and then one terrible one!

I think he can count himself unlucky against the shite, the system had to be change early and he was sacrificed to make the change of shape. 
But I completely agree with you he was very good today. 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Did very well today, had a fairly easy time of it up against 2 kids down that flank but he dealt with everything they threw at him. Like many others, his quality on the ball was lacking.

I always think he has a few stand out moments and people forget the rest of the game. He (along with many today) played a lot of sloppy passes and his delivery today was lacking. 

5 hours ago, barryj said:

I always think he has a few stand out moments and people forget the rest of the game. He (along with many today) played a lot of sloppy passes and his delivery today was lacking. 

He's far from premier league standard. I'd say he's one footed but he's not very good with either. Passing is so poor for a professional, constantly out of position as well. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's far from premier league standard. I'd say he's one footed but he's not very good with either. Passing is so poor for a professional, constantly out of position as well. 

I know most will disagree but I think he has what it takes to be a great defender though. Aggressive, a good tackler and desire. Maybe with Ancelottis system of one of the full backs tucking into defence he will thrive? 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I know most will disagree but I think he has what it takes to be a great defender though. Aggressive, a good tackler and desire. Maybe with Ancelottis system of one of the full backs tucking into defence he will thrive? 

I think most would agree than disagree, his detractors are in the minority on this forum and others from what I’ve seen and read. 

19 minutes ago, Aidan said:

The thing I like about him most is probably his aggression. He generally gets out to his man very quickly and rarely gets beaten. He is also a strong player, which you don't see a lot at full back unless they are converted centre halves. 

I don't think there is much doubt that he is, and should be, our number 1 right back. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Pete I’ve tried to be on your side but now I know you are taking the piss. I honestly think you don’t support us and your a troll 

53 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Pete I’ve tried to be on your side but now I know you are taking the piss. I honestly think you don’t support us and your a troll 

I agree with Pete on this and am normally the run of the mill average fan. I think he’s poor and I believe time will tell on this. The reason this hasn’t been the case until now is we as a team have been so poor all season. I’m probably hyper critical as I’ve got it in my head so I see all his errors throughout the game. I could put a reel from today and many have had him as motm. I know it’s harder to see his positioning on tv than at the ground but believe me it is all over the place. As I’ve said before he does do some very good things but his defending will cost us long term. 

15 minutes ago, barryj said:

I know it’s harder to see his positioning on tv than at the ground but believe me it is all over the place.

It's atrocious. Heard a few around me moaning about Davies to get to his man.. The man was more often than not Sidibe's but he was daydreaming. He leaves us majorly exposed for through balls lucky Arsenal were miles off the pace. 

5 hours ago, barryj said:

I agree with Pete on this and am normally the run of the mill average fan. I think he’s poor and I believe time will tell on this. The reason this hasn’t been the case until now is we as a team have been so poor all season. I’m probably hyper critical as I’ve got it in my head so I see all his errors throughout the game. I could put a reel from today and many have had him as motm. I know it’s harder to see his positioning on tv than at the ground but believe me it is all over the place. As I’ve said before he does do some very good things but his defending will cost us long term. 

He’s had good reviews from pundits as well it’s not just been from the uneducated like you and me, your suffering from the Gana disease it’s called blinkered vision and it’s destroying any common sense you may have had, trust me I know and you’re partner in crime still has a severe case of it, now rattle your head and move on 😉

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

It's atrocious. Heard a few around me moaning about Davies to get to his man.. The man was more often than not Sidibe's but he was daydreaming. He leaves us majorly exposed for through balls lucky Arsenal were miles off the pace. 

Pete, you seem to stick to whatever narrative you decide about a player no matter what...

Davies was poor.  The amount of bookings he gets because he is too slow is a joke,  how many times has he been booked in the first half now?  

I appreciate he is playing due to injuries, but for someone who seems to place so much emphasis on bossing the midfield we have a lad who physically is not up to it.  Against Liverpool he looked like a 12 year old kid playing against men. 

He's very good in possession of the ball in terms of looking after it but that's it and it's not enough. 

Love the lad but sadly he's not good enough by a stretch.  

As for sidibe, I see a potentially brilliant player who has done things at right back that we haven't seen in years.  

He can be a bit erratic and gets exposed but he has created lots of opportunities due to his positivity. 

He is a world cup winner.... you don't win the world cup without having something..

If he was all negatives I would cut loose, but I believe we have a player who with a full pre season and correct coaching will add alot to the team. For £14m whatever it is it's a no brainer. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

He’s had good reviews from pundits as well it’s not just been from the uneducated like you and me, your suffering from the Gana disease it’s called blinkered vision and it’s destroying any common sense you may have had, trust me I know and you’re partner in crime still has a severe case of it, now rattle your head and move on 😉

I know I’m starting to feel isolated. I do though give him credit where I see it’s deserved so I haven’t fully fallen over the cliff of ridiculousness. 

I still standby the fact I don’t think he’s good enough though. I hope I’m wrong as I have no agenda and just want us to do well. 

10 minutes ago, barryj said:

I know I’m starting to feel isolated. I do though give him credit where I see it’s deserved so I haven’t gully fallen over the cliff of ridiculousness. 

I still standby the fact I don’t think he’s good enough though. I hope I’m wrong as I have no agenda and just want us to do well. 

I know what you mean mate some players just don’t suit your eye, and it’s not all about stats it’s about opinions, and we’ve all got the same rights to express them. 
And you do it well 👍