IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

The primary elections are not binding. The parties need to demonstrate guts. Trump is a bigoted, racist, dangerous narcissist: If his party chooses him as their candidate, they deserve to be utterly destroyed. Clinton is a likely criminal and consistent liar, and her party deserves to be destroyed if they choose her.

A tell-all book about Hillary, written by a member of her security detachment, is set for release shortly (it's already #1 in Amazon's bestseller list based on advanced orders). Its basic premise, it seems, is that Hillary, away from the cameras, is a nasty, scheming individual who is emotionally unstable. The author clearly believes she's unfit for office.

And then there's the court case against Trump University, which is going to reveal just what a scumbag Donald Trump is - making personal fortunes out of the naive and vulnerable.

I get the sense that the electorate doesn't want either candidate - I mean, really doesn't want either candidate. Let's see which party, if either, has the guts to override the highly unrepresentative sample of voters who opted for Trump or Clinton.

i've been hearing about this more and more that the Repubs will at the convention just override Trump and go with their own candidate. I've heard the same with Clinton that once she's mired in Scandal with the emails and FBI it will be Vice President Biden (blue collar democrat, working man's candidate) with running mate Elizabeth Warren (a far left progressive liberal). I think Biden/Warren could win big, he gets the blue collar union manufacturing types and she gets the educated left and young vote (the young people in this country are heavily left leaning, hence bernie sanders doing so well).

Pad to be honest i don't think Trump has a chance, i think the "people in power" be it banks or military or whatever, will find a way to not let him win or make sure he doesn't win. I don't think the real people that rule our country (banks, wall street, large corporations) want Trump, they want a Clinton type who they can control and have do their bidding.

i've been hearing about this more and more that the Repubs will at the convention just override Trump and go with their own candidate. I've heard the same with Clinton that once she's mired in Scandal with the emails and FBI it will be Vice President Biden (blue collar democrat, working man's candidate) with running mate Elizabeth Warren (a far left progressive liberal). I think Biden/Warren could win big, he gets the blue collar union manufacturing types and she gets the educated left and young vote (the young people in this country are heavily left leaning, hence bernie sanders doing so well).

Pad to be honest i don't think Trump has a chance, i think the "people in power" be it banks or military or whatever, will find a way to not let him win or make sure he doesn't win. I don't think the real people that rule our country (banks, wall street, large corporations) want Trump, they want a Clinton type who they can control and have do their bidding.

Didn't realise that, but seems incredibly undemocratic!

Whats Biden like? Remember reading about him but it was years ago

Didn't realise that, but seems incredibly undemocratic!

Whats Biden like? Remember reading about him but it was years ago

he was a senator for many many many years. very well versed in politics. similar to obama but more blue collar working man type policies and the like. he's like the old grandad that was fiesty and stuff but now is just like 'ive done it all happy to be here and all that"

i'd be more excited about Elizabeth Warren than him.

he was a senator for many many many years. very well versed in politics. similar to obama but more blue collar working man type policies and the like. he's like the old grandad that was fiesty and stuff but now is just like 'ive done it all happy to be here and all that"

i'd be more excited about Elizabeth Warren than him.

Mark, details of your sexual preferences is too much information. :rofl:

Clinton is 68, Trump is 69, Sanders is 74 and Biden is 73. And they're running to become President for 4 years.. I don't get it.

1) why don't they just retire and enjoy their last days

2) where do they get the energy? My mom's 64 and she's exhausted after watching my kids for a couple of hours..

Think he may get a few more voters after last night's horrific scenes at the Pulse nightclub.

I feel horrendous for those 50+ people who have lost their lives. Police officers included.

He probably arranged it.

But in all seriousness; dreadful.

I have no doubt Trump will benefit from this. Absolutely shocking though, will there ever be gun control in the states?

No. The NRA (gun lobby) controls more than half of all the repubs and democrats. They say you want to be in politics well give you 25 million for your campaign, but now you're our bitch and have to vote yes on all gun stuff.

Sad really.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I have no doubt Trump will benefit from this. Absolutely shocking though, will there ever be gun control in the states?

No. The argument wheeled out every time is that bad guys will have guns whereas law-abiding citizens will no longer have the means to defend themselves. There's an element of truth to this, since Pandora's box in open; nonetheless, there's absolutely no reason why many of the more lethal weapons, and the more despicable forms of ammo, shouldn't be banned immediately. It's a cultural thing - rather like asking for sales of alcohol to be banned or severely restricted in Britain.

• 2 weeks later...