IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

Im going to talk about alternative facts for the rest of my life.

- Everton just beat Liverpool by 12-0

- no they didnt?

- Yes they did, its my alternative facts

it's shambolic. they will live in a special fairy world where every decision they do is correct and facts are thrown to the wayside. anyone who voted for that aggrandizing windbag is a idiot.

it's shambolic. they will live in a special fairy world where every decision they do is correct and facts are thrown to the wayside. anyone who voted for that aggrandizing windbag is a idiot.

What is the reaction to the fact that he won't be releasing his tax-returns even after the audit is finished? Bit shocked (and frightened) by that..

What is the reaction to the fact that he won't be releasing his tax-returns even after the audit is finished? Bit shocked (and frightened) by that..

anyone that's not a trump supporter is pissed, petition going around to get them released. but in reality, no one is surprised. everyone figured it was a lie just like everything else he says.

apparently wikileaks has said they will release them if he doesn't, which is strange because they were very anti-Hillary during the election season and Trump praised them over and over again.

Like MJB said, there is a petition going around right now and I think it only needs 100,000 signature in order for the White House to review, which it has received. It doesn't mean that he will have to release his return though.

Hopefully wikileaks releases them. I'm not always a fan of their stuff, but I don't like how shady Trump has been on this.

So Trump approves an oil pipeline that he owns stock in, and then puts a gag order on the EPA and USDA so they can't report on the effects.

It's happening!

Disguised it by saying that it has to be american pipes. (which then happened to be a company that he owns stock in)

So Trump approves an oil pipeline that he owns stock in, and then puts a gag order on the EPA and USDA so they can't report on the effects.

It's happening!

Obviously the relationship is shady there, but I think that he would have pushed that pipeline through even if he didn't have stock in it. It's been a major point of contention for awhile now, and the republicans have been pushing to have it built. It was inevitable if a republican won the White House, unfortunately.

The USA is going to be left behind in the race to clean energy. It's a shame. We're supposed to be innovative in looking for ways to improve our country. Increasing oil production is not going to fix our long-term reliance on fossil fuels; they will run out. There is so much growth opportunity in clean energy, and it's shocking that our leaders can't see that -- or worse -- refuse to!

another day another shambolic decision by the trump administration. I don't know whether to be pissed at the democrats or proud. when Obama won the repubs held firm and didn't do anything and wouldn't let stuff pass, they log jammed it. now that the repubs won the dems are still trying to make deals and make it work. sometimes I wish they would just be the same as the repubs and refuse to do anything and shut down the government like the repubs did. but then I realize that's why they aren't repubs, because they take the high road.

it's a battle I go over in my head constantly.

another day another shambolic decision by the trump administration. I don't know whether to be pissed at the democrats or proud. when Obama won the repubs held firm and didn't do anything and wouldn't let stuff pass, they log jammed it. now that the repubs won the dems are still trying to make deals and make it work. sometimes I wish they would just be the same as the repubs and refuse to do anything and shut down the government like the repubs did. but then I realize that's why they aren't repubs, because they take the high road.

it's a battle I go over in my head constantly.

They're both pretty terrible in my opinion -- look at Wasserman-Schultz and the way Hillary's nomination went; that was democrats colluding to benefit themselves.

Obama cared though -- if there was an option to vote him in a third term I would've done it in a heartbeat. He was a good president and as each day passes I realize that more and more.

...and the Democrats won't have much luck log-jamming the Republicans since they hold majority in every branch (or will after last SC judge is nominated). The whole political landscape in the USA is a joke at this point.

EDIT: but I do believe the Democrats are the lesser of the two Evils.

Edited by TonkaRoost

They're both pretty terrible in my opinion -- look at Wasserman-Schultz and the way Hillary's nomination went; that was democrats colluding to benefit themselves.

Obama cared though -- if there was an option to vote him in a third term I would've done it in a heartbeat. He was a good president and as each day passes I realize that more and more.

...and the Democrats won't have much luck log-jamming the Republicans since they hold majority in every branch (or will after last SC judge is nominated). The whole political landscape in the USA is a joke at this point.

EDIT: but I do believe the Democrats are the lesser of the two Evils.

That was my thought, they aren't in a position to do what the republicans did even if they wanted to.

That was my thought, they aren't in a position to do what the republicans did even if they wanted to.

the mid term is less than 2 years away, they can win some seats back then and start the log jam. Also they can filibuster bills and the like in congress or add earmarks to make bills die, etc. plenty of small things they can do to pester them. but it seems they wont and haven't.

the mid term is less than 2 years away, they can win some seats back then and start the log jam. Also they can filibuster bills and the like in congress or add earmarks to make bills die, etc. plenty of small things they can do to pester them. but it seems they wont and haven't.

That just adds to the problem though. I agree that filibusters and actions of that nature can be beneficial sometimes, but part of the problem is that these boneheads can't agree on anything, and it's either "our way or no way." I'm not even confident Dems will win seat backs after this past election -- not unless Republicans piss off enough independent voters.

That just adds to the problem though. I agree that filibusters and actions of that nature can be beneficial sometimes, but part of the problem is that these boneheads can't agree on anything, and it's either "our way or no way." I'm not even confident Dems will win seat backs after this past election -- not unless Republicans piss off enough independent voters.

I agree, but that's my issue. one party is willing to work with the other, the other party refuses to do anything unless it's their way. seems to be very one sided. sadly it's completely legal and the (as you say) bone heads who elected them will continue to elect them.