johnh

Trump in charge (ex race for the US presidency thread)

1 minute ago, sibdane said:

How dare you guys make fun of our president. Don't y'all know how precious his hair is?

Like all snowflakes, he'd just dissolve and be lost forever. 

Shame really.... 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

The Onion, HIGNFY and Daily Mash have come out with some brilliant satirical pieces. I'm just annoyed they had the material to work with.

Love The Mash Report on TV, so clever and bloody hilarious.

Just now, MikeO said:

Love The Mash Report on TV, so clever and bloody hilarious.

Only saw a few extracts, nowhere near as good as the articles. Comes across as far too painful sometimes, even for me.

Just now, Matt said:

Like all snowflakes, he'd just dissolve and be lost forever. 

Shame really.... 

2020 is looking scary. I used to think he wouldn't make it this long; now I'm worried he'll win re-election. What is wrong with this country that I love so much?

Oh yeah, bigots. 

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is like a soap opera, not the government of the USA.

I've mentioned the wording before in this thread but I seriously think the Statue of Liberty (ironically a gift from France) needs to be demolished.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Not any more.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46198297

just read the tweets. I have no words. I’m finally dumbfounded. 

I am amazed at how long Macron got away with calling Trump an idiot in public (at the UN, Rememberance day, ...).  Seems Trump finally snapped; will be a huge boost for Macron in France.

I was just looking at some polling numbers on Trump's approval rating in relation to the economy. Somehow, he's manage to go up a couple of points to ~53% This kind of shocks me considering that the DOW has significantly dropped since the beginning of the year. Experts point to employment rates and job numbers, but that's been improving since Obama.

He's doing poorly in other areas like immigration and foreign policy though.

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

I was just looking at some polling numbers on Trump's approval rating in relation to the economy. Somehow, he's manage to go up a couple of points to ~53% This kind of shocks me considering that the DOW has significantly dropped since the beginning of the year. Experts point to employment rates and job numbers, but that's been improving since Obama.

He's doing poorly in other areas like immigration and foreign policy though.

the market crash is imminent.  my brother works in finance,  for the last 3 decades there has been a crash.  1987 1991 2001 2008.  that's 5-6 years average.  4 on the low to 10 on the high.  we are on year 10 currently, so either the economy is magically fixed and it will never crash again or the crash is imminent.  the market is volatile because of this idiotic trade war with China. I just hope it happens during his time in office so he gets the blame and takes the stick for it.

This is obscene. If anyone is in danger because of immigration into America, it's the immigrants! The best thing the president could do to make American citizens safer is to welcome as many legal and illegal immigrants into the country as soon as possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/19/two-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/?utm_term=.c53650fcbf3e

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

This is obscene. If anyone is in danger because of immigration into America, it's the immigrants! The best thing the president could do to make American citizens safer is to welcome as many legal and illegal immigrants into the country as soon as possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/19/two-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/?utm_term=.c53650fcbf3e

Why not just make the process to enter more personal and, therefore easier, and massively reduce the need for illegal immigration?