IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

It's becoming a joke matt. Had a chat with my wife what we would do if he got elected. I fear it could be like Castro when he took power, people leave for the first year or 2 and then the borders are closed.

Taking a real look at Italy and France right now.

Surely Hilary's chances would go through the roof if she picked Sanders; or is that never going to happen? ie she wouldn't ask and/or he wouldn't accept.

won't happen, but she could pick the female sanders, Elizabeth Warren. She's very liberal, popular with the young, anti-big banks, and anti wall street. she's campaigning for her right now. That would surely get all those Bernie voters won over to hillary.

Trump running mates, i've heard his daughter is very astute, would be a Trump Trump ticket. no joke. Also heard Chris Christie former NJ governer. Some other repub retreads. No real "wow" candidates because he destroyed them all in the primaries so no one wants to jump in bed with him.

won't happen, but she could pick the female sanders, Elizabeth Warren. She's very liberal, popular with the young, anti-big banks, and anti wall street. she's campaigning for her right now. That would surely get all those Bernie voters won over to hillary.

Trump running mates, i've heard his daughter is very astute, would be a Trump Trump ticket. no joke. Also heard Chris Christie former NJ governer. Some other repub retreads. No real "wow" candidates because he destroyed them all in the primaries so no one wants to jump in bed with him.

Would an "all female" ticket not be a step too far for some?

Would an "all female" ticket not be a step too far for some?

i've thought the same mike, but i think Hillary herself gets the minority and over 65 vote for democrats. Warren gets the under 65 vote. And that's a wrap right there. Trump will get the republican votes and those that despise both will vote for Gary Johnson the Libertarian candidate (which is essentially a vote for Hillary). Unless all the independents just love Trump or hate Hillary that much, I just can't see him winning, he's too polarizing. Although the Remain vote said the same thing, so who knows anymore?

Is she the "rock" or "hard place" candidate?

it's either a racist facist narcissist or a career politician. she is the latter. no real decision for me, it's easy, Hillary all the way. She's in bed with all the scummy politicians and banks but at least she won't cause WWIII or turn our country into a pre-WWII Germany.

Is she the "rock" or "hard place" candidate?

Most people I know would prefer none of the above. There's a feeling of despair around the place right now. Donald is an out-of-control narcissist, and Hillary is an untrustworthy sleazeball. Virtually no-one trusts either one of them. The party conventions could choose different candidates but are unlikely to have the guts to do so.

It will be interesting to see whether the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, garners enough support in polls to participate in the upcoming debates.

Most people I know would prefer none of the above. There's a feeling of despair around the place right now. Donald is an out-of-control narcissist, and Hillary is an untrustworthy sleazeball. Virtually no-one trusts either one of them. The party conventions could choose different candidates but are unlikely to have the guts to do so.

It will be interesting to see whether the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, garners enough support in polls to participate in the upcoming debates.

he won't steve, he will be lucky to get 5% of the overall vote nationally. vault me on that. when it comes down to it Dems will vote hillary, repubs vote trump, some will not vote.

he won't steve, he will be lucky to get 5% of the overall vote nationally. vault me on that. when it comes down to it Dems will vote hillary, repubs vote trump, some will not vote.

My father in law said he wouldn't even get to candidature, let alone election. I don't think it will anywhere near as landslide as you're implying there, it will be very, very close in my opinion

My father in law said he wouldn't even get to candidature, let alone election. I don't think it will anywhere near as landslide as you're implying there, it will be very, very close in my opinion

right but you have said previously they are republicans i think (correct me if wrong). so that's a vote for hillary essentially. not voting at all helps her, because trump needs every republican vote plus independents, he won't get them.

right but you have said previously they are republicans i think (correct me if wrong). so that's a vote for hillary essentially. not voting at all helps her, because trump needs every republican vote plus independents, he won't get them.

Father In Law is, but grandparents are Trump fans.

Anyway... It's a clusterfuck.

it's either a racist facist narcissist or a career politician.

I have high hopes for the vp choices. I could get excited about a Clinton-Warren ticket. And something like Trump-Palin has hilarious written all over it. Edited by holystove