IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

A major rail line passes through our town. Last night, we noticed a huge train going by with literally hundreds of tanks. Either they're en route to a major exercise or they are headed for a port. Also, we've noticed a sudden increase in night-time air activity. The last time we noticed this, we were about to invade Iraq.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39809168

The US House of Representatives has passed a healthcare bill, bringing President Trump's pledge to repeal and replace Obamacare a stride closer.

The American Health Care Act (AHCA) passed with a vote to spare, after weeks of cajoling within the Republican party to muster enough support.

I have no stake in this but I find it fascinating how quickly things can change.

not a big deal because it won't pass the senate with a majority. they need 60 and only have 51. so they'll do a bunch of workarounds but it will take forever/could fall apart any time. the below explains.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/04/526854352/gop-expected-to-pass-its-health-care-bill-at-long-last-but-still-a-long-way-to-g

not a big deal because it won't pass the senate with a majority. they need 60 and only have 51. so they'll do a bunch of workarounds but it will take forever/could fall apart any time. the below explains.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/04/526854352/gop-expected-to-pass-its-health-care-bill-at-long-last-but-still-a-long-way-to-g

I've heard some chat about them changing the rules, whats involved in that/is it likely?

"Yesterday conditions stemming from sexual assault became pre-existing conditions, because reporting sexual assault was a bit too easy before, so Republicans thought they’d mix things up a bit."

https://thetab.com/us/2017/05/05/heartbreaking-tweets-women-now-pre-existing-conditions-66853

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/may/05/blog-posting/headlines-say-gop-bill-makes-sexual-assault-pre-ex/

I've heard some chat about them changing the rules, whats involved in that/is it likely?

they already have. the option they can use will get it passed but it has to be related to budget only and not increase the budget and also not have anything else in the bill. it goes to a parlimentarian that decides if it doesn't affect the budget (it's said it will increase the debt massively) so doubtful it passes. also it's a political nightmare to vote for it, ready made ammo to vote them out when midterms/full terms come around.

Trump just fired the guy investigating him and his ties to Russia. Nixon all over again.

Woodward and Bernstein's source was a senior FBI official outraged at Nixon's treatment of the FBI. If there are any real Trump-Russia links, Trump has now made sure they will be leaked to the press.

Hope you guys have fun with 10 years of FBI director Giuliani.

Woodward and Bernstein's source was a senior FBI official outraged at Nixon's treatment of the FBI. If there are any real Trump-Russia links, Trump has now made sure they will be leaked to the press.

Hope you guys have fun with 10 years of FBI director Giuliani.

If he appoints either Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christie, there will be hell to pay.

if true? he just confirmed it on twitter.

1. ...to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.

8.276 antwoorden3.641 retweets11.891 vind-ik-leuks
    Beantwoorden
  2. As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining....

9.589 antwoorden4.336 retweets13.047 vind-ik-leuks
    Beantwoorden
Edited by holystove

Another day; another bombshell.

What worries me now is an important lesson from history. When leaders of this type feel threatened, they attack a recognized enemy as a way of rallying everyone to their side. Think of the Argentinian junta attacking the Falklands, for example. So who will President Trump now attack? North Korea?

I think Trump is unfit to be president of the USA, but much like I thought all the US security paranoia over Clinton emails was wildly overdone, I feel a bit same about the Trump leaks.

Then again, if this is what it takes to get rid of him, go ahead.

If I'm the repubs id abandon trump let him get impeached and disown him. Pence goes down too due to Russia and paul Ryan takes over. He's got 2 years to turn it around and convince voters. Otherwise If this stuff stays around for years they'll get slaughtered in the next election.

If I'm the repubs id abandon trump let him get impeached and disown him. Pence goes down too due to Russia and paul Ryan takes over. He's got 2 years to turn it around and convince voters. Otherwise If this stuff stays around for years they'll get slaughtered in the next election.

The idea of either Pence or Ryan taking over is nothing to get excited about

you're quite right about Pence. Today is international day against homophobia, transphobia and biphobia, has he voiced his support yet? :)

The idea of either Pence or Ryan taking over is nothing to get excited about

i agree, i'm just saying if i'm the republican leadership Pence and Ryan are true repubs whereas trump isn't.

you're quite right about Pence. Today is international day against homophobia, transphobia and biphobia, has he voiced his support yet? :)

i'm sure there will be a prayer breakfast to address that.