IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

It's like living in an alternative reality. We now have to tell children you can't do or say things like that, even if the president does. We have to turn off the news if young children are present, just in case. The office of president always carried a level of dignity, gravitas, and earned respect. Now it's like watching the head clown at the circus. If it were a TV show, we could laugh or cringe. Now we have to worry about what war will be started, which other ally will no longer work with the US, and just how much foreign leaders and adversaries are laughing their socks off in delight. This is self-destruction 101.

It's like living in an alternative reality. We now have to tell children you can't do or say things like that, even if the president does. We have to turn off the news if young children are present, just in case. The office of president always carried a level of dignity, gravitas, and earned respect. Now it's like watching the head clown at the circus. If it were a TV show, we could laugh or cringe. Now we have to worry about what war will be started, which other ally will no longer work with the US, and just how much foreign leaders and adversaries are laughing their socks off in delight. This is self-destruction 101.

Fuck you're lucky, over here I'd encourage children to do the naughty stuff like run through fields of corn rather than be a austeritian cunt.

Now Trump has demanded that every state provide the name, social security number, address, party affiliation, complete voting history, any convictions, military service, and various other information for every American citizen. This is because the president believes he actually won the popular vote, instead of losing by several million, but the numbers are wrong because of massive fraud - for which there is not a scrap of evidence. Personally, I find it rather sinister that the president is compiling personal information in this way, especially a history of how every person voted.

Now Trump has demanded that every state provide the name, social security number, address, party affiliation, complete voting history, any convictions, military service, and various other information for every American citizen. This is because the president believes he actually won the popular vote, instead of losing by several million, but the numbers are wrong because of massive fraud - for which there is not a scrap of evidence. Personally, I find it rather sinister that the president is compiling personal information in this way, especially a history of how every person voted.

This would be a major infringement on personal information. Can you provide a link?

Agree with one of the comments, my reaction was the same.

"There's an interesting point or two in here, but I started skimming when it became clear the author was more interested in impressing me with wordplay than building to something meaningful."

I thought it was interesting in the sense that it describes the over-reaction by some to events such as the election of Trump. When you find yourself agreeing with the likes of Louise Mensch, it's time to take a step back.

Agree with one of the comments, my reaction was the same.

"There's an interesting point or two in here, but I started skimming when it became clear the author was more interested in impressing me with wordplay than building to something meaningful."

I found myself agreeing with this one, I find the constant and now somewhat coordinated attacks on journalism to be very unnerving.

"So many of the comments here continue to whistle past the graveyard."

Model represents US at G20 meeting sat between UK and China premiers, you couldn't make this shit up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-40541611

(Having said that she's probably got more sense than her dad; I've stepped in things that have more sense than him)

Republicans would have thrown a fit of Michelle Obama had stepped in for President Obama. No outcry now, of course.

itll lead to nothing. The man has spent decades fighting 4000ish lawsuits apparently.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40577858

Mid terms won't mean a thing.

I personally think the pendulum is swinging towards impeachment now, bookies already slashed the odds to 4/7 before this little episode.

This whole situation is filthier than satan's arsehole