johnh

Trump in charge (ex race for the US presidency thread)

13 minutes ago, sibdane said:

I actually agree with him backing out on this one, but I don't really think we should be "great friends" with North Korea anyway.

Neither did Trump until recently...

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Let me just say that I don't sense at all any less commitment and devotion to the president from his supporters, none at all. If anything, I would say their support is stronger today than it was at the outset, which is quite terrifying.

agreed 100%

20 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Let me just say that I don't sense at all any less commitment and devotion to the president from his supporters, none at all. If anything, I would say their support is stronger today than it was at the outset, which is quite terrifying.

It’s brilliant tactics. He took a situation where the people were split, and preyed on it, polarizing people further. 

The only hope is that the electoral college gets a rework and actually does their job, else we end up with another 4 years of this shit. 

There is a chance also that Trump doesn’t want to run. But that has its own dangers. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

It’s brilliant tactics. He took a situation where the people were split, and preyed on it, polarizing people further. 

The only hope is that the electoral college gets a rework and actually does their job, else we end up with another 4 years of this shit. 

There is a chance also that Trump doesn’t want to run. But that has its own dangers. 

The republicans they would put up won’t grab the middle class blue collars guys trump did.  He won that on the anti immigrant nationalist and tariff war comments.  Baby boomers are dying every day and gen Z are qualifying to vote every day.  I think a Mike pence for example would have a very rough go of it.  I would love if he doesn’t run.  Honestly that would be the smart thing, to think if he lost the amount of bullshit and lies he will spew could reach record levels.  Which is saying something.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I would say the bigger danger is whether an opponent will be allowed to win. Emergency powers will still be in place by then and possibly expanded. Moreover, his supporters would believe his claims that the election was rigged. Of course, we assume a peaceful and orderly transfer of power, but we can longer assume that, unfortunately.