IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

Now, the Trump administration has banned the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from using certain words in their reports. A fetus may no longer be called a fetus. A transgender individual may no longer be called transgender. Their work or cited references may no longer be termed 'evidence-based' or -science-based'. Presumably, that means it's simply made up. This doesn't inspire me with confidence for the future of healthcare in the US.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-cdc-forbidden-words-20171215-story.html

I hear many today praising the president and his party for a tax bill that cuts rates for all and quite dramatically for the very wealthy. Frankly, I don't want a reduction in my taxes! If the US was not in debt, that would be another story. When the US is already burdened with huge debt, though, I'm effectively being forced to take out a mortgage on my children's future - and I really don't want to. Indeed, I'd rather pay more in taxes now to reduce the debt before interest rates soar.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I hear many today praising the president and his party for a tax bill that cuts rates for all and quite dramatically for the very wealthy. Frankly, I don't want a reduction in my taxes! If the US was not in debt, that would be another story. When the US is already burdened with huge debt, though, I'm effectively being forced to take out a mortgage on my children's future - and I really don't want to. Indeed, I'd rather pay more in taxes now to reduce the debt before interest rates soar.

Probably because you’ve got a conscious. 

16 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

the republiconmen always love to fill their coffers while screwing over the younger generations.  they are selfish old white ass holes.  in ten years the middle and lower class will pay more in taxes with this bill, the old rich fucks will be getting even more breaks.  more breaks for corporations too.  when eisenhower was in office we had a 70 odd percent corporate tax rate, now we have 21%.  rich fucks just pocketing more money from their companies.

age of the robber barons is back.  fuck em all.  

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/21/united-nations-un-vote-donald-trump-jerusalem-israel

I can't find anywhere the full listing of those who sided with Trump or those who abstained, why no mention of what we did?

we are a laughing stock under this administration.  obama had the respect of all the world leaders (even the north korean guy).  look what we have now.  a fucking joke.

Watch this space. I would say there's a 50:50 chance that President Trump will fire the special prosecutor before the end of this year. If so, he'll most likely grant a pardon to everyone under investigation in the ongoing probe, including himself and all members of his family. At that point, all hell breaks loose on the streets of America.

• 2 weeks later...

“Mr. Trump’s sociopathic characteristics are undeniable,” retired Harvard psychiatry professor Lance Dodes concludes. “They create a profound danger for America’s democracy and safety. Over time these characteristics will only become worse, either because Mr. Trump will succeed in gaining more power and more grandiosity with less grasp on reality, or because he will engender more criticism producing more paranoia, more lies, and more enraged destruction.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/book-party/wp/2017/09/22/is-trump-mentally-ill-or-is-america-psychiatrists-weigh-in/?utm_term=.32fddd98dbea

And just to confirm the previous post, take a look at this. The president is excoriating the man who used to be his first lieutenant. Any reasonable or sane person reading these words would conclude the writer is mentally imbalanced. Congress needs to consider seriously, and quickly, what to do about this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/us/politics/trump-statement-steve-bannon.html

mueller is closing in, bannon himself said don Jr. will crack.  Manafort in his counter suit today said the FBI is going all the way back to 2004-05 way past just the election.  I think they’ve found rampant fraud and money laundering from trump and associates.  Russia is minor at this point, he will be done in for all the shady business deals.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

And just to confirm the previous post, take a look at this. The president is excoriating the man who used to be his first lieutenant. Any reasonable or sane person reading these words would conclude the writer is mentally imbalanced. Congress needs to consider seriously, and quickly, what to do about this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/us/politics/trump-statement-steve-bannon.html

What the actual fuck.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

mueller is closing in, bannon himself said don Jr. will crack.  Manafort in his counter suit today said the FBI is going all the way back to 2004-05 way past just the election.  I think they’ve found rampant fraud and money laundering from trump and associates.  Russia is minor at this point, he will be done in for all the shady business deals.

Start buying canned food and guns:P

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wouldn't be the first book banned

According to Wiki the great...

Book censorship "is the removal, suppression, or restricted circulation of literary, artistic, or educational material--of images, ideas, and information--on the grounds that these are morally or otherwise objectionable in the light of standards applied by the censor. "Censorship is "the regulation of speech and other forms of expression by an entrenched authority," The overall intent of censorship, in any form, is to act as "a kind of safeguard for society, typically to protect norms and values, censorship suppresses what is considered objectionable from a political, moral, or religious standpoint."

So I don't see how this is going to fit the criteria.