IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Saturday March 5

markjazzbassist

3rd match in 7 days but I expect a full strength side. Payet is back so they will be dangerous in attack, I'm hoping they set up to attack and not park the bus so we can have a go. If they park the bus I fear a draw.

Robles

Coleman jags Mori Oviedo

Besic Barry

Gerry Barkley mirallas

Lukaku

Would like to see niasse at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

alright this match day is getting closer. with oviedo carted off i can see the following lineup.

Robles
Coleman Jags Mori Baines
McCarthy Barry
Lennon Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku

Unchanged except baines in for injured oviedo. They'll have a full week to rest up for the Chelsea FA cup clash. Would like to see Niasse and Gerry for subs.

Guest rusty747

alright this match day is getting closer. with oviedo carted off i can see the following lineup.

RoblesColeman Jags Mori Baines McCarthy Barry Lennon Barkley Mirallas Lukaku

Unchanged except baines in for injured oviedo. They'll have a full week to rest up for the Chelsea FA cup clash. Would like to see Niasse and Gerry for subs.

Can't disagree with any of that. This a real six pointer for us if we really do believe we have a chance of nicking fifth.

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines

McCarthy Barry

Lennon Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

What i'd expect to be fair. Probably the best option right now.

I vote for McCarthy to give him the welcome to Goodison Park he deserves.

Oh god, can you imagine the fume on Twitter again?

This will be a REALLY tough game. They're playing very well. Get Mori looking after Valencia and McCarthy on Payet, aim to keep them quiet.

cresswell is solid as is their keeper adrian but the rest of the back is suspect. i really think if we attack the hell out of them we can get at them and win. maybe go all out attack and just tell the back 4 to stay put and don't worry about bombing the flanks, just defend and keep a clean sheet.

Robles

Stones Jags Mori Galloway

Barry

Gerry Barkley

Lennon Mirallas

Lukaku

Subs - Niasse for Rom

Haven't lost to a team that play in claret and blue since 1996......might be a little bit out on that one !

Anyway Lukaku WILL score, so we only need to keep a clean sheet to win.

After the away game my mate (hammers fan) got really uptight about the McCarthy tackle, have to admit I had no idea how good Payet was, mate seemed to think that with him West Ham had the chance of a good season, begining to see what he meant, the bloke is real class, he is the one to stop.

Haven't lost to a team that play in claret and blue since 1996......might be a little bit out on that one !

Lost to West Ham in the Cup last year.

And in the Premier league in 2007, 2005, 2002 and 1998. When we played them in 1996 we beat them so actually you're a lot out :lol:.

(We also lost to Burnley in 2009, aside from the Villa games Haf mentioned :P)

Wasn't really being too serious about the date !

Or the data ;).

For viewers in US, our WHam match on Saturday is televised by USA Network, 10 ET. But also, big surprise, our U-21s match away to Sunderland U-21s is being televised on Monday by NBCSN, 2:30 ET.

Also want to add, I was surprised to learn USA Network chose to show our match this Sat, as opposed to Chelsea's match. Usually NBCSN and USA (on Saturdays) always, always show ManU, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, this season Leicester -- all of those before Everton. I don't know what it means that our match takes precedence over Chelsea this Saturday. Do they think Howard is on his way to Colorado, and maybe he'll be in goal? Anyway, there's a minor story here, no great significance probably. Maybe they think -- correctly -- that Everton simply play more attractive football than Chelsea.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

Lost to West Ham in the Cup last year.

And in the Premier league in 2007, 2005, 2002 and 1998. When we played them in 1996 we beat them so actually you're a lot out :lol:.

(We also lost to Burnley in 2009, aside from the Villa games Haf mentioned :P)

Or the data ;).

:fishing: ........thought I might catch one........ I got two. :rofl: