IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Saturday March 5

markjazzbassist

I think we will win this one, they had a tough game in the week and I think we know we need to raise our levels.

"IF" Rom gets up for this then I think we will do them 2 or 3 goals to 1. If he plays as he has against lower opposition then we won't win, probably lose.

Guest rusty747

I have a feeling Martinez will bottle the team selection, citing knocks to Baines and Ovedo as justification for shifting Mori to left back and bringing Stones in to partner Jags in the centre of defence. I really hope he doesn't do this, even if it means playing Galloway at left back. Jags and Mori have been solid and improving all the time. Now is not the time to change that partnership. So, my starting eleven would be:

Robles

Coleman. Jags. Mori. Baines/Oviedo/Galloway

Barry. McCarthy

Lennon. Barkley. Mirallas

Lukaku

Edited by rusty747

I think we will win this one, they had a tough game in the week and I think we know we need to raise our levels.

"IF" Rom gets up for this then I think we will do them 2 or 3 goals to 1. If he plays as he has against lower opposition then we won't win, probably lose.

IF we lose, it won't be down to Rom performing badly, not soley at least, just as we won't win it just because of him.

IF we lose, it won't be down to Rom performing badly, not soley at least, just as we won't win it just because of him.

This to me is where he is vital to the team. Soo much does depend on him. Against that lot we will need him competing and linking up play, holding up the ball.

We can't have him idling or losing possession as that's where their man in the middle will destroy us. We need to make every opportunity to hold the ball in their half, squeeze and press their defence.

Massive game for him. He should be confident given his record against them. Definately start mirallas and lennon too.

Edited by Hafnia

This to me is where he is vital to the team. Soo much does depend on him. Against that lot we will need him competing and linking up play, holding up the ball.

We can't have him idling or losing possession as that's where their man in the middle will destroy us. We need to make every opportunity to hold the ball in their half, squeeze and press their defence.

Massive game for him. He should be confident given his record against them. Definately start mirallas and lennon too.

Agree with that bit, but the rest... Well, you know I think all of that bit in the first line is Barkleys role.

With the amount of defenders these have out at the minute if we don't put a few past them we need to take a serious look at ourselves... They are going to come into this game brimming with confidence and they will be on the attack... We are a counter attack side I think they are playing to our strengths just need to put a solid shift in and we have a good chance of winning this... Will be a very hard but defining game for us!

What. The. Fuck.

Who was it said it would be interesting to see how he shoe horned Stones in?

3 at the back is a dreadful possibility. Stones at DM is just downright unfair on Besic. This had better come off for you Martinez or you might not want to show your face at Goodison next week.

It's 343 not sure why people are saying stones at Dm he's rcb.

Love the lineup really do. Best players on the pitch and attacking as all hell. COYB

So just as we sort out the shambles that has been our defending this season he switches to a new system? Brainless.

If it isn't broke..........

I think it's a case of shoehorning Stones in. Can't drop Mori or Jags but equally feeling the pressure that if he doesn't play Stones he may force a move (for Mikeo - be disillusioned and disruptive and we decide to sell as no one can force a move when under contract ?)

It's 343 not sure why people are saying stones at Dm he's rcb.

Love the lineup really do. Best players on the pitch and attacking as all hell. COYB

That's just speculation by whoever did the graphic, we won't know the actual formation until kick-off.

If it isn't broke..........

I think it's a case of shoehorning Stones in. Can't drop Mori or Jags but equally feeling the pressure that if he doesn't play Stones he may force a move (for Mikeo - be disillusioned and disruptive and we decide to sell as no one can force a move when under contract ?)

Agree entirely. But that is a sign of a weak, weak manager, essentially caving in to pressure from a player rather than making decisions in the best interests of the team.