Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Marco Silva

Would appreciate if you guys could help me out by answering the following:

1.     Once Everton has moved to Bramley Moore Dock, would you continue to use the services around Goodison Park and County Road on a match day? i.e Cafes, pubs, fish & chip shops.

2.     If not, why?

Many thanks!

28 minutes ago, Aidan said:

1.     Once Everton has moved to Bramley Moore Dock, would you continue to use the services around Goodison Park and County Road on a match day? i.e Cafes, pubs, fish & chip shops.

2.     If not, why?

Many thanks!

Only get to Goodison about 5 times a year but would not use the services there once we move.

Reason is I would have no reason to go there after the move.

Good luck to your Mrs, hope it helps.

20 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Only get to Goodison about 5 times a year but would not use the services there once we move.

This for me too 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

2.     If not, why?

Many thanks!

I only tend to pop in for one more and again so might still do so on the way home as I live past that way. 

On 27/02/2018 at 19:57, Aidan said:

2.     If not, why?

Many thanks!

No because I don’t live right by it and have all those services more local to me. I do feel we should offer any businesses at Goodison first choice on any franchises or outlets to rent at Bramley moor though.

Hello,

I’m a third-year university student at the University of Kent. Currently, I’m undertaking research for my dissertation on the effect of sponsoring teams in the Premier League towards the sponsor’s brand.

Would really appreciate it if you could spare just a few (3-4) minutes completing my questionnaire.

All data collected is completely anonymous and will only be used to aid my research. If you have any questions, please contact me: dl357@kent.ac.uk

Thank you in advance!

https://kbs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0vwwSB8oeyUNpNH

20 hours ago, DanLazar2018 said:

Hello,

I’m a third-year university student at the University of Kent. Currently, I’m undertaking research for my dissertation on the effect of sponsoring teams in the Premier League towards the sponsor’s brand.

Would really appreciate it if you could spare just a few (3-4) minutes completing my questionnaire.

All data collected is completely anonymous and will only be used to aid my research. If you have any questions, please contact me: dl357@kent.ac.uk

Thank you in advance!

Completed. 

Shame it wasn't before the change of shirt sponsor. Our last one was much better it's dampened my mood answering the questions about this current sponsor :rofl:

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 19:57, Aidan said:

2.     If not, why?

Many thanks!

I may or may not.

It depends on where I am going to after the game.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:21, DanLazar2018 said:

Hello,

Thank you in advance!

done but not at all interested by the shirt sponsor.

51 minutes ago, rubecula said:

done but not at all interested by the shirt sponsor.

Same as me Rubes, it would've been a much more interesting exercise if we still had Chang like Aidan said.

On 3/2/2018 at 15:21, DanLazar2018 said:

Hello,

Thank you in advance!

Done. I hate our sponsor so it was quite straight forward :D

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:51, Perocames Smith said:

Hey guys,

I'm currently doing a research project for uni to find out fan's opinions on the tv rights and things like that. It should only take a couple of minutes to complete, would really appreciate it if you could do it!

Cheers

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PTSFN6C

done

Hi all,

I'm undertaking a survey that may interest those of you that like to have a bet online on the football. 

I'd really (really) appreciate a few quick minutes of your time and you can take part by clicking on the link below:

https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/group-b1

This is part of my Psychology MSc and it has been approved by the university board of ethics.

Your responses are 100% anonymous

Clicking the green button at the bottom of pages 1 & 2 allows you to immediately begin the questions on page 3.

Many thanks!!! 

On 27/02/2018 at 20:28, London Blue said:

Exactly the same response from me as Im a Buckinghamshire blue. Except on the odd occasion I go back to reminisce. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-sack-sam-allardyce-within-12536820

former Hull and Watford boss Marco Silva has emerged as the number one pick to succeed him, despite complications relating to his departure from Vicarage Road.

After weeks of uncertainty over his future, Blues owner Farhad Moshiri will finally pull the trigger on the manager he hired only last November in a desperate attempt then to stop the club’s slide into the relegation zone.

I like the idea of Silva. Only 40 and a realistic target who is well thought of in the game.

A quick bio of his Management career so far....

2011/12 - Estoril

Won promotion as Champions to the top flight, after 7 year absence.

Manager of the Year.

2012/13 - Estoril

Finished above expectations in 5th.

First time club had qualified for Europa.

2013/14 - Estoril

Finished 4th.

Left in May.

2014/15 - Sporting

Finished 3rd.

Taca De Porugal Cup Winners

Sacked for not wearing official club suit in cup match.

2015/16 - Olympiacos

Won League Title.

Left for personal reasons.

Then in Jan'17, we know he did a good job at Hull and was doing fine at Watford.

Quite a few jobs in there for a young manager. Maybe some brash decisions, wrong decisions.

Hopefully he'll be looking to settle into a role for a good few years.

I'd be fine with him. I'd just want us to give him some decent time. And for him to commit to us fully too.

agreed newts.  the portugal stuff is all fine, the suit thing sounds like they just wanted a manager change and that was an easy out.  olympiacos as we have seen from some posting is a dumpster fire.  not paying players wages, players not workign hard, you win the league every year at a clip for decades at a time and i don't blame the guy for not wanting to be there.  hull was hull, no big deal on that short term stay.  the only one i think you could hold against him is watford but it was our fault he got fired.  so really i don't think he's a glory hunter, i just think he's gone to a lot of bad jobs to try and move his way up.  a solid place like us to give him time and resouces could do him well and us well.

Does seem not to stay anywhere for very long.  Not necessarily a bad thing but given that fact I would hope that contract talks would not leave us on the hook for another large payout if it was to come to that.

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Does seem not to stay anywhere for very long.  Not necessarily a bad thing but given that fact I would hope that contract talks would not leave us on the hook for another large payout if it was to come to that.

I think we are the team he could mold and stick around at for 3 / 4 years at least. 

Watford have now lodged an official complaint against us over alleged tapping up of Silva.

What a bunch of cunts.

So they refuse the bids, fair enough. Don't want to let him go, fair enough.

But to sack him and then cry because we are rumoured to want him still...fuck sake.

According to SSN, this has been rumbling on for months with the Premier League trying to encourage the club's to find a way to settle.

Maybe we've known what we wanted all along....

37 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Watford have now lodged an official complaint against us over alleged tapping up of Silva.

What a bunch of cunts.

So they refuse the bids, fair enough. Don't want to let him go, fair enough.

But to sack him and then cry because we are rumoured to want him still...fuck sake.

According to SSN, this has been rumbling on for months with the Premier League trying to encourage the club's to find a way to settle.

Maybe we've known what we wanted all along....

It will come down to money. When they complained we ceased our pursuit. As the PL have encouraged us to settle I imagine it will come down to arbitration. 

57 minutes ago, Haiku said:

We wanted him, they didn't let him go, we moved on with Allardyce, they sacked him later on. I can't see anything wrong or illegal Everton did in this situation.

spot on.  if the VVD approach was legal, so is ours to silva.  they even made supposed official offers to club to buy him out and they said no (papers said at least), seems very legit.

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

It will come down to money. When they complained we ceased our pursuit. As the PL have encouraged us to settle I imagine it will come down to arbitration. 

Yeah for sure.

Maybe we should go after Chelsea for the other £20million for Barkley?!

Watford will claim they could have finished higher in the league and therefore collect a bigger prize money bonus. They are squeezing every penny they can get from us, however if they have sacked him (they blame us for that) then surely that's the contract ended and he is free to go wherever he wants?

Look, we approached them, offered them a shit load of money to get him, they turned it down, we walked away like they wanted us to and employed a cunt instead, their season fell apart.

We offered them compensation to take him, which they turned down, and now that he's no longer their manager and looks like becoming our next manager they want some compensation? Bizarre! I don't see what they can squeeze out of us tbh.

59 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Look, we approached them, offered them a shit load of money to get him, they turned it down, we walked away like they wanted us to and employed a cunt instead, their season fell apart.

We offered them compensation to take him, which they turned down, and now that he's no longer their manager and looks like becoming our next manager they want some compensation? Bizarre! I don't see what they can squeeze out of us tbh.

It's a load of shite really.

They can't conclusively prove they would have finished any better than they did.

Surely you can't sack someone and choose who re-employs them?!

Watford are just being pissy about it..... but....

Let's just say Silva joins us.... takes us into top 4 and we are flying and Chelsea make an approach and offer us £20m we would be fuming.

I kinda get it. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Watford are just being pissy about it..... but....

Let's just say Silva joins us.... takes us into top 4 and we are flying and Chelsea make an approach and offer us £20m we would be fuming.

I kinda get it. 

They're fuming that they missed out on the compensation basically, after they turned down said compensation and then ended up sacking him.

It's pathetic really and doesn't even make sense. They're just annoyed at themselves and need to take it out on someone.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

They're fuming that they missed out on the compensation basically, after they turned down said compensation and then ended up sacking him.

It's pathetic really and doesn't even make sense. They're just annoyed at themselves and need to take it out on someone.

Not only did they turn it down they went behind their managers back and interviewed someone else before sacking him! They don't deserve a penny.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

It's a load of shite really.

They can't conclusively prove they would have finished any better than they did.

Surely you can't sack someone and choose who re-employs them?!

Unless as part of the settlement is that you don’t take another job for x amount of time.

4 hours ago, aaron said:

Watford will claim they could have finished higher in the league and therefore collect a bigger prize money bonus. They are squeezing every penny they can get from us, however if they have sacked him (they blame us for that) then surely that's the contract ended and he is free to go wherever he wants?

Don't think Everton did anything wrong there isn'tt anything saying were not allowed to approach managers still in contract is there?

Sounds like they don't want to take any responsibility. 

5 minutes ago, jofanon said:

I'm very nervous about Silva...

Doesn't have the same credentials as Fonseca and to be honest the potential appointment feels a little small time

At olympicos he made a good go of the champs league group stages..... 

32 minutes ago, barryj said:

Unless as part of the settlement is that you don’t take another job for x amount of time.

Not sure about the British law on this subject but in my country, even if it is the part of the contract unless the employee is not fired due to crime/misdeed etc., you can not limit a person like that. Law protects the right of the employee. Especially in this business, the term of "rival company/team" is a wide description. It would have been unfair to any manager even if it is limited by given period of time or not.

I don't think either Everton or Silva should be blamed here. It's just butthurt of Watford, to avoid criticism maybe.

47 minutes ago, jofanon said:

Doesn't have the same credentials as Fonseca and to be honest the potential appointment feels a little small time

have you read up on both of them?  silva and fonseca did about the same in portugal, one could argue silva was more impressive bringing small sides to prominence and promotion (fonseca failed at promotion 2 times).  Silva went to olmpiacos (1 team league) fonseca to shaktar (2 team league), what he's done with shaktar every manager does there,  win and play CL.  not to mention silva's been in the PL and done well, with 2 teams.  

For me, fonseca is the one without the credentials.

1 hour ago, jofanon said:

I think they have very similiar credentials. I don't really see that Fonseca is ahead of Silva in that regard.

One of the slants aimed at Silva is how many jobs he has had, yet Fonseca, pre Shaktar, jumped jobs every season for 5 years! Even at Shaktar, he's only been there for 2 seasons and is off again!

I'm not sure appointing Fonseca would be any less 'small time' than Silva.

Silva edges it for me because he's only 40 and we have seen him in the Premier League and be applauded for his work.

Both realistic targets though.

The problem is that if you read up about Silva, it makes you more nervous. 

He was apparently on the way out before we approached them due to his attitude, demands and treatment of his players. 

It all depends which report you follow. Half say he has potential, half says there are issues. And these are just reading the links posted in this actual thread, or links related to them.

Still... I’m hoping we get him as he is young and has a point to prove.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

The problem is that if you read up about Silva, it makes you more nervous. 

He was apparently on the way out before we approached them due to his attitude, demands and treatment of his players. 

It all depends which report you follow. Half say he has potential, half says there are issues. And these are just reading the links posted in this actual thread, or links related to them.

Still... I’m hoping we get him as he is young and has a point to prove.

I have heard the opposite about Silva. I have heard that he always had good dressing rooms including at Watford but obviously they were disappointed that the manager they believed in was ready to ditch them less than half way through the season and also showed no sign of wanting to be there in the long term.

They outplayed Chelsea the weekend Koeman was sacked (before losing). The first game after they dominated Stoke (71% possession, 15 shots) but lost, before also outplaying us in that bizarre game at Goodison (also lost) and whilst they picked up a couple of wins, drew with Spurs they weren't the same team. They had lost a bit of their spark.

The question is whether it was because of our approach or whether it was his ability as a manager.

Interestingly he beat Arsenal, and took a point of Spurs and Chelsea at Watford. He beat Liverpool and drew with United at Hull. He has been competitive home and away against all of the big clubs bar City (where he has a terrible record).

Its a tough one as I watch his sides play and cant help but see the comparisons to Martinez (takes risks, losing leads, possession but not necessarily resulting in shots on target) which is surprising as his early managerial days were known for being tight with him being dubbed the "new mourinho".

Well I hope the reports you are reading are the more accurate ones. He is a young manager and one that can grow with us. 

I just want some excitement after this horrible horrible season.

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Well I hope the reports you are reading are the more accurate ones. He is a young manager and one that can grow with us. 

I just want some excitement after this horrible horrible season.

I dont doubt it will be exciting but whether thats in a good or bad way I am not so sure!