IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Saturday March 19

markjazzbassist

They've got to go to Barcelona on Wednesday and then an early KO Saturday. I wouldn't take a point, I think we could take them apart.

Great point mike. Think they'll need to prioritize the premier league though and will field a rotated barca side. They need the auto CL spot if Wenger wants to keep his job I think.

I expect a very feisty game, they will be up for it.

Maybe carry the raucous Goodson crowd form the cup over into the league. They're in turmoil right now. Anything apart from a miraculous recovery by them at Barca and we should have too much.

Miraculous recovery at Barca would shatter them, we'd roll them over easy B).

Arsenal tonight...

CdsNicOUsAAhjE6.jpg

Danny Murphy (though I don't think it's overly "under-strength" personally)...

"If Arsene Wenger has had an eye on Everton in the Premier League on Saturday in his team selection, it is a very dangerous game. If Wenger sees this as putting out a weakened side, they could get annihilated. If they lose by 5-0, 6-0, it will be humiliating. Wenger is already under so much pressure.
"You can understand leaving out Per Mertesacker who is not great on the turn and Theo Walcott has been off form. It is a little bit of a risk but you can't come to the Nou Camp, play an under-strength side and get away with it."

He must have scripted half of that before the game. Mertsacker is too slow for Barca, so there's only 2 starters missing for me, Ramsay and Giroud/Walcott.

agreed. iwobi a head scratcher (standard wenger one wierd person on the team sheet) but other than that it's all top notch starters. being beat 1-0 now so let's hope barca tan their hides and we can continue their misery.

...they played well though! Although Barca are always going to allow space for them to play at the Nou Camp.

I agree, they had their chances to make it much closer, but they don't have a decent striker in their squad (OK maybe they have a couple of decent ones but nobody top class). Wenger's blind/stubborn spot, with the money they have I just don't get it.

I agree, they had their chances to make it much closer, but they don't have a decent striker in their squad (OK maybe they have a couple of decent ones but nobody top class). Wenger's blind/stubborn spot, with the money they have I just don't get it.

Agreed it's like he would rather buy little 8m strikers from France and get 4th and have his pride than splash the cash and win.

...they played well though! Although Barca are always going to allow space for them to play at the Nou Camp.

We've been there, done that. How many times have we played well and didn't have a pot to piss in at the final whistle? I would need about ten thumbs to count that. I'm starting to look at this game a bit differently after this past season. I hope they are a bit fearful right now and that negativity becomes our advantage.

Guest rusty747

This game, imho, is all about the right mindset. It is also a much more important game than might at first appear to be the case. Win this and win our game in hand and we have caught Southampton in 7th. A win would create momentum and help to put an end to what has been a stop start run of matches. We need the players up for this, we need to be up for this and for those lucky enough to be there (I shall be in Dubai) please, please, please recreate the bear pit atmosphere from last week.

Do all that and we can win well, again!

They won't sack him, he doesn't deserve that after the service he's given. If he leaves it'll be "by mutual consent" or resignation in the Summer.

yes i know i meant if we were the "last straw" so to speak. eliminating them from winning the league and dooming them to 4th like usual.

hasn't won the league since 2004 and gets 4th every year hasn't made it out the first knockout in years in CL.