IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Wednesday April 13

markjazzbassist

Moyes is history and irrelevant to today's problems.

Martinez is today's problem. He has to go, and soon.

Correct

To all those pessimists who say we will get beat by Palace, I say have faith, it will be a dull draw.

Likely correct.

We're gash. Sooner the season is over the better. Can only hope management has a plan for an immediate appointment to give us some hope of keeping our best players.

Not much optimism in this thread for this match, and understandably. But as few think our regular starters are a good bet to win anyway, I'd like to see some real changes. Also thinking of sufficient squad rotation in the Palace and Southampton matches to have rested and (theoretically.....) energetic players for Liverpool and Wembley. So I'd like to see.....

Robles

Coleman Stones Funes Mori Oviedo

Besic Barry

Deulofeu Niasse Mirallas

Lukaku

Subs: Gibson for Barry (60), Kone for Lukaku (60), Lennon for Deulofeu (70)

No Barkley, period. Give Baines, McCarthy, and Barry (60 minutes) a rest, too. Would starting Oviedo, Besic, and Niasse, and subbing in Kone and Gibson, make us that much more likely to lose or play down to our recent lethargic standard? Maybe the answer is "Yes," but this strikes me as a match to take a chance. Don't play Lukaku the full 95. Deulofeu either. Do play Mirallas the full 95. No Barkley. Niasse is more likely to be in the box for Deulofeu's crosses than Barkley has been -- all season.

Robles

Coleman Stones Mori Oviedo

Deulofeu Barry Besic Mirallas

Cleverley/Osman

Lukaku

We need players to have a bang from distance, and be quick to the rebounds to try and force a mistake. Mori will be in so at least we'll have a chance from set pieces as well. Baines is a good runner, but doesn't have the fire of Oviedo.

I have bought Chang for this evening, last time I did that was the Chelsea game and it did the trick. Against Watford my son resorted to crossing out "San Miguel" on my beer label and writing "Chang" under it with a marker pen and at least we didn't lose; think I may have cracked the problem :).

he may put mirallas in or something like that - he should do as he showed willing last game.

I'm not really bothered really, be the same old slow tempo, Barkley and Lukaku pretending that they are interested when they clearly aren't. John Stones dribbling whilst being last man, McCarthy and Barry doing an ever so disciplined job. Lennon showing them all up...

bored

If a team is on a bad run or a striker hasn't scored in a blue moon Everton are the side you want to be facing. And that's not just applicable to this season.

I was surprised to see Puncheon score at the weekend (no goals this year)...I thought he would have saved it for the winner (against us).

Edited by Lowensda

I'm kind of hoping that this means a 4-man midfield with Barkley on the left and both Kone and Lukaku up top. Kone out left just negates that side in our play.

The other 442 option I would be into is a diamond with Barry at the DM Barkley and McCarthy as the box-to-box on either side and Lennon at the top, interchanging runs with Kone and Lukaku. That could be useful.

I'm just mystified.

Will be typical that we perform now and the manager will think that Kone made all the difference haha.

First game of the season when he hadn't played competitively for months Kone was MOTM.

Now he hasn't played competitively for ages; can lightning strike twice?

No I don't think so either :clutching_at_straws_by_dirtypai.

Prove me wrong lad!!