IGNORED

Southampton (Home) Saturday April 16

markjazzbassist

I'm coming down from scotland for the southampton game, anyone got any suggestions on where to go for a few beers before and after the game? bear in mind i will be wearing my toffees top

This is my personal hostelry of choice where Everton shirts are everywhere...

http://www.192.com/atoz/business/liverpool-l4/public-houses/players-bar-lounge/d58ff33dc0708e3285d85d2b31838e325977118e/ldc/#mapSection

....but there are many options.

Need squad rotation, given Liverpool and ManU next week. Tougher still, with McCarthy's red card, Jagielka's injury, Lennon's minor (?) injury at Palace.

Robles

Coleman Stones Funes Mori Oviedo

Besic Gibson

Deulofeu Cleverley Mirallas

Niasse/Kone

Rest Baines, Barry, Barkley, Lukaku, for wildly different reasons.

Is that a serious question?

lol i was wondering the same. chalkpie he posted that we'll create a new record meaning a record of futility because we're missing more players and we'll have square pegs in round holes without jimmy mac and clev.

robles

coleman stones mori oviedo

gerry besic barry mirallas

kone niasse

Lord help us all with those 2 strikers

lol i was wondering the same. chalkpie he posted that we'll create a new record meaning a record of futility because we're missing more players and we'll have square pegs in round holes without jimmy mac and clev.

Apart from the fact that I know that's 100% not the case (Benfica away springs to mind first, though there will have been many, many other examples over the years), I really don't get what the "on course to set a new record" referred to. Whatever the point was it sailed over my head.

Most negative tweets for an Everton manager since Moyes maybe :huh:?

Apart from the fact that I know that's 100% not the case (Benfica away springs to mind first, though there will have been many, many other examples over the years), I really don't get what the "on course to set a new record" referred to. Whatever the point was it sailed over my head.

Most negative tweets for an Everton manager since Moyes maybe :huh:?

Is it that with those players missing we'll get beat and therefore definately finish the season with the least amount of home points??? I only get that as Sky Sports was just on about it!!!

Hoping to finally see Niasse play. I've lived in Russia for the last 15 years (St Petersburg), and although Zenit is the team I watch most here, I've seen a lot of Niasse over the years. He's genuinely a very good player, and not just by the standards of the Russian league (which isn't as awful as you may think these days). It's baffling why he isn't fit yet, but when he is I think he's going to be a very useful player. Rest Rom tomorrow and put Niasse on from the start, he's not going to get up to Premier League speed without playing Premier League matches, and with nothing to play for in the league now, tomorrow is a good time to give him a work out.

Hoping to finally see Niasse play. I've lived in Russia for the last 15 years (St Petersburg), and although Zenit is the team I watch most here, I've seen a lot of Niasse over the years. He's genuinely a very good player, and not just by the standards of the Russian league (which isn't as awful as you may think these days). It's baffling why he isn't fit yet, but when he is I think he's going to be a very useful player. Rest Rom tomorrow and put Niasse on from the start, he's not going to get up to Premier League speed without playing Premier League matches, and with nothing to play for in the league now, tomorrow is a good time to give him a work out.

we're all hoping he comes good, not sure why he isn't fit when he's had months but nothing really suprises me with roberto in charge anymore.

Interesting to hear a different perspective from the perceived doom and gloom over the signing.

Thanks Oumar :P.

Is it that with those players missing we'll get beat and therefore definately finish the season with the least amount of home points??? I only get that as Sky Sports was just on about it!!!

Sorry I should have been clearer . Yes I was referring to the fact that anything other than a win and we will finish with a new record low for home points

Incidentally a defeat will equal the most number of home defeats in the clubs history, the records just keep tumbling !

Sorry I should have been clearer . Yes I was referring to the fact that anything other than a win and we will finish with a new record low for home points

Incidentally a defeat will equal the most number of home defeats in the clubs history, the records just keep tumbling !

Luckily the league table includes away games as well, 38 (or in the past) 42 games count, not 19. Home form has been awful but we've had better and been relegated, would that make you happier?

Luckily the league table includes away games as well, 38 (or in the past) 42 games count, not 19. Home form has been awful but we've had better and been relegated, would that make you happier?

Why would that possibly make me happier?

Having a decent away record is no consolation for being truly atrocious at home.

If you want me to look at the season in its entirety I would say 40 points with this squad is far from acceptable

A team that can't perform at home usually gets relegated- there is no escaping that fact.

We are 8 points short of the median average off 22 points with 16 points secured at home.

Away from home we are only 2 points above the median of 22 points with 24.

Basically we are not far off average in terms of away form but our home form stinks.

It's a massive massive cause for concern and demonstrates the fragility of the team and the manager. Put it this way... if we never had the run of games that got us thinking of Europe we would be in a relegation dog fight and we don't have enough dogs.

Edited by Hafnia