IGNORED

Liverpool (Away) Wed April 20

markjazzbassist

Well it's a week away better start preparing. I'm not looking forward to this at all. Roberto has done pretty horribly in the derby's and i'm expecting us to get walloped. Klopp has his side finally clicking and i think we'll get stomped. I want this lineup

Robles

Coleman Stones Mori Baines

Besic Barry

Gerry Mirallas Lennon

Lukaku

Well it's a week away better start preparing. I'm not looking forward to this at all. Roberto has done pretty horribly in the derby's and i'm expecting us to get walloped. Klopp has his side finally clicking and i think we'll get stomped. I want this lineup

Robles

Coleman Stones Mori Baines

Besic Barry

Gerry Mirallas Lennon

Lukaku

Mirallas as a 10? That's a new concept, isn't it? Instictively I'd switch Mirallas with Deulofeu in that line-up.

Not looking forward to this one at all. Liverpool is hitting form, and their confidence will be through the roof after their comeback on BVB.

That said, a good performance here could really get the team kicking on for the end of the season -- still a few positions to fight for.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Not looking forward to this at all.

With the way that we try to play the ball out of the back combined with Klopp's super high pressing on the pitch could mean disaster. I'm talking diarrhea in your brand new custom suit at the most important speech of your career in front of 1,200 people kind-of-disaster. Glad its not me!

With the way that we try to play the ball out of the back combined with Klopp's super high pressing on the pitch could mean disaster. I'm talking diarrhea in your brand new custom suit at the most important speech of your career in front of 1,200 people kind-of-disaster. Glad its not me!

I've arranged to go the pub with a couple of pals (very very rarely get out these days!)...obviously they are Liverpool fans. Be good to see them at least!!!

I assume Coleman is out next match (and probably more). Hope RM doesn't rush Jagielka back in so Stones can move to RB. Prefer to see Connolly or even McCarthy or Besic at RB for this one match. So many injuries, more today. Will either Oviedo or Baines actually be fit for Liverpool?

Very glad Barry was rested today. I think maybe he can go all out twice next week. Mirallas still a decent bet to get a goal in any match.

I assume Coleman is out next match (and probably more). Hope RM doesn't rush Jagielka back in so Stones can move to RB. Prefer to see Connolly or even McCarthy or Besic at RB for this one match. So many injuries, more today. Will either Oviedo or Baines actually be fit for Liverpool?

Very glad Barry was rested today. I think maybe he can go all out twice next week. Mirallas still a decent bet to get a goal in any match.

Connolly made a good first impression, so I expect him to start. First senior start in the Derby, could go either way

Worst time for injuries to be piling up. From Martinez's comments yesterday, the following seems likely:

Coleman -- out for several weeks

Jagielka and Cleverley -- out for Liverpool, 1 or both probably out for ManU

Baines and Lennon -- probably out for Liverpool, both probably available for ManU

No mention of significant injury concerns for either Oviedo or Gibson, though both picked up knocks yesterday.

So for Liverpool, I'll guess it will be:

Robles

Connolly Stones Funes Mori Oviedo

McCarthy Barry

Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Bench: Howard, Galloway, Besic, Gibson, Pienaar, Kone, Niasse, possibly Davies.

I hope Martinez uses 3 subs, given the short turnaround before Wembley.

It doesn't seem at all controversial, or even the smallest of issues, that Martinez would be planning to set out his "strongest possible side" for the derby, despite the short turnaround for the FA Cup. Of course he will want a strong side against Liverpool. But the key word is "possible," since injuries will limit a few of his choices on Wednesday night. Martinez did plan to put his strongest possible sides out for this week's two big matches. Injuries threaten to complicate his plans, but not destroy them.

He wisely rested Barry and Lukakau against Southampton, and played Barkley only as a sub. McCarthy was suspended, so he rested, too. Baines, Jagielka, Lennon, and Cleverley were rested because of injuries. So really, it's these last four who are questionable for Wednesday night. His earlier comments implied that Jagielka and Cleverley probably won't have recovered sufficiently by Wednesday. Saturday? Maybe. Coleman isn't possible. Gibson and Oviedo were not, presumably, significantly injured, so they're available.

That leaves Baines and Lennon as the key question-marks for the "strongest possible side" for the derby. Will it be Baines or Oviedo? Will Lennon start instead of either Mirallas or Deulofeu? Also, will Pienaar get on the field for 15-20 minutes Wednesday, with a view to starting on the left with Baines at Wembley?

It doesn't seem at all controversial, or even the smallest of issues, that Martinez would be planning to set out his "strongest possible side" for the derby, despite the short turnaround for the FA Cup. Of course he will want a strong side against Liverpool. But the key word is "possible," since injuries will limit a few of his choices on Wednesday night. Martinez did plan to put his strongest possible sides out for this week's two big matches. Injuries threaten to complicate his plans, but not destroy them.

He wisely rested Barry and Lukakau against Southampton, and played Barkley only as a sub. McCarthy was suspended, so he rested, too. Baines, Jagielka, Lennon, and Cleverley were rested because of injuries. So really, it's these last four who are questionable for Wednesday night. His earlier comments implied that Jagielka and Cleverley probably won't have recovered sufficiently by Wednesday. Saturday? Maybe. Coleman isn't possible. Gibson and Oviedo were not, presumably, significantly injured, so they're available.

That leaves Baines and Lennon as the key question-marks for the "strongest possible side" for the derby. Will it be Baines or Oviedo? Will Lennon start instead of either Mirallas or Deulofeu? Also, will Pienaar get on the field for 15-20 minutes Wednesday, with a view to starting on the left with Baines at Wembley?

agreed. if we get smashed in the derby it could be enough of an embarrassment for him to lose his job immediately after the match, regardless of the FA cup. he knows both matches are massive for his chances at keeping his job and rightly so. we rested the players during Soton so they could play 2 matches in 3 days and then have a week off till the next match. the players are more than able to do so.

Edited by markjazzbassist