IGNORED

Liverpool (Away) Wed April 20

markjazzbassist

I agree that Besic has to start. Unfortunately, I can't see him still being on the pitch at the final whistle. Definite red card candidate but I would still start him.

Everyone keeps saying it but he's be fine. We need passion and fight, we sold our biggest asset of it with Naisy, so Besic it is.

Seems a bit silly to have no defenders on the bench. Would've been wise to at least have that Connolly on the bench. It'd hardly be a loss not to have one of Pienaar or Osman not in the squad.

Thank you. He pulls this shit far too often as of late. Probably figures McCarthy or Besic can go play RB. I'd rather not have that happen.

Seems a bit silly to have no defenders on the bench. Would've been wise to at least have that Connolly on the bench. It'd hardly be a loss not to have one of Pienaar or Osman not in the squad.

I can Martinezs thought process that we don't defend anyways.

he's counting on barry or besic to play CB, and lennon or mccarthy to cover RB.

Personally i like the lineup and think it's strong. COYB

he's counting on barry or besic to play CB, and lennon or mccarthy to cover RB.

Personally i like the lineup and think it's strong. COYB

There's nothing wrong with the starting line-up, but it's still stupid not to have cover on the bench. Especially when you consider Oviedo's injury record. I'd rather he'd not played tonight so we could have a senior player at RB on Saturday guaranteed.

There's nothing wrong with the starting line-up, but it's still stupid not to have cover on the bench. Especially when you consider Oviedo's injury record. I'd rather he'd not played tonight so we could have a senior player at RB on Saturday guaranteed.

i completely agree, just was saying what RM is thinking. I think youngsters in the derby are great. give them the biggest match of their lives right off the bat, they'll thirst for more!

Two possibilities: either he knocked himself out with his scintillating display last Saturday, or Martinez is saving him for a secret weapon at LW at Wembley.

Or he's read the papers and seen replacements are lining up and heard the "vote of confidence" given by Bill and realizes he needs to win these next 2 matches or he's fired.