IGNORED

Liverpool (Away) Wed April 20

markjazzbassist

Worst time for injuries to be piling up. From Martinez's comments yesterday, the following seems likely:

Coleman -- out for several weeks

Jagielka and Cleverley -- out for Liverpool, 1 or both probably out for ManU

Baines and Lennon -- probably out for Liverpool, both probably available for ManU

No mention of significant injury concerns for either Oviedo or Gibson, though both picked up knocks yesterday.

So for Liverpool, I'll guess it will be:

Robles

Connolly Stones Funes Mori Oviedo

McCarthy Barry

Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Bench: Howard, Galloway, Besic, Gibson, Pienaar, Kone, Niasse, possibly Davies.

I hope Martinez uses 3 subs, given the short turnaround before Wembley.

That front four is what it should have been all season.

It's going to be a nightmare isn't it? :unsure:

Even in the dark days I still used to be able to get up for the derbies because I knew we would fight for every ball and I always had hope

This is the first ever derby in my lifetime that I haven't had Derby belly at the start of the week and even now it's Derby day I just can't be arsed. If I wasn't going I don't think I would even bother watching it on TV

I feel that negative I would honestly take a 2-0 defeat right now

I would play the likes of dowell and say "nothing to lose lads, get out there and enjoy yourself. You could be in the squad for the semi at Wembley"

I would look at the underperforming shrinking violets and say "none of you are safe bets for Saturday - you haven't been good enough"

He won't though.

Even in the dark days I still used to be able to get up for the derbies because I knew we would fight for every ball and I always had hope

This is the first ever derby in my lifetime that I haven't had Derby belly at the start of the week and even now it's Derby day I just can't be arsed. If I wasn't going I don't think I would even bother watching it on TV

I feel that negative I would honestly take a 2-0 defeat right now

I feel exactly the same. I feel bad for not giving a shit as that's not the sign of a true fan. I use to be moody as hell when Everton lose and now just a little bit pissed off then it's forgotten about. My misses has even noticed how nice i am after a loss.

Would gladly lose today in exchange for a victory on Saturday. Martinez starting to look like that clown Moyes when facing the top sides (don't think Moyes ever won an away fixture against them). I was very much pro-Martinez when he joined but this season has been very difficult. If we could somehow get past Man Utd, though, I think the whole picture changes. There are a lot of players not pulling their weight, and considering the money they're earning, they should be ashamed of themselves. My heart sinks when I see them not trying. Hoping for a gritty and committed draw today to build confidence and a gritty and committed win at the weekend.

I would play the likes of dowell and say "nothing to lose lads, get out there and enjoy yourself. You could be in the squad for the semi at Wembley"

I would look at the underperforming shrinking violets and say "none of you are safe bets for Saturday - you haven't been good enough"

He won't though.

spot on on all accounts.

really not looking forward to this :(

He won't though.

Exactly this mate. Even Barkley can sit on the bench for this one, hasn't looked interested at all. Let people who want to wear and battle for the shirt play. Besic is a must for this one for me.

Guest rusty747

I agree that Besic has to start. Unfortunately, I can't see him still being on the pitch at the final whistle. Definite red card candidate but I would still start him.

Edited by rusty747