IGNORED

Manchester United (FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley) Sat April 23

markjazzbassist

The fixtures are coming hard and fast now. Play the best XI and hope for the best. I expect Manchester to be up for it and not the lackluster half ass displays we see in the league. Van Gaal will want this and the players as well. Roberto better do his homework.

Robles

Connolly stones Mori baines

Besic Barry

Gerry Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Interesting article but two things I completely disagree with...

"Major teams do not consider the FA Cup a major trophy any more."

Yes they do.

and

"If ever Everton were going to stake a claim to the European elite it had to be this season, before Romelu Lukaku takes his goalscoring ability to higher bidders and John Stones makes the move that nearly went through last summer."

It didn't nearly go through at all, it was dismissed out of hand on multiple occasions.

(Does this count towards my pedantry stats?)

Interesting article but two things I completely disagree with...

"Major teams do not consider the FA Cup a major trophy any more."

Yes they do.

and

"If ever Everton were going to stake a claim to the European elite it had to be this season, before Romelu Lukaku takes his goalscoring ability to higher bidders and John Stones makes the move that nearly went through last summer."

It didn't nearly go through at all, it was dismissed out of hand on multiple occasions.

(Does this count towards my pedantry stats?)

I'm glad to hear your informed and/or pedantic views, especially about the FA Cup. If by the slimmest of chances (a) you're wrong, and (B) if ManU can still be thought a major club (.......), and © if they don't give a toss and put their U-21s on the pitch at Wembley, well, (d) I'll forgive you, especially if (e) we nick a place for the Final on PKs, after (f) having given up a 2-goal lead twice, (g) in the 91st, 95th, 114th, and 122d minutes.

Don't know why Auto-Incorrect threw in that emoticon for what I typed -- (B) -- but it worked out ok.

Edit - Ha, I see Auto-Incorrect insists on being automatically obstreperous. I didn't typed what Auto-Incorrect says I typed.

It's not autocorrect, you've just typed what you need to to use that emoticon.

Hard to make this stuff up. Likely out for Cup --

Coleman, Jagielka, Stones, Funes Mori, Barry (?)

Not that it matters, but maybe .......

Robles

Oviedo McCarthy Besic Baines

Gibson Cleverley

Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas [i'd prefer Lennon to Barkley]

Lukaku

Might as well play the kids. Let Unsworth take charge while they are at it. Nothing can be as bad as tonight.

Imagine getting to Wembley and none of the fans want to go, that's the direction Roberto is taking us

starting to think a no show from those who have tickets is the only way to get through to those in charge.

Morishi must be wondering what he's spent his money at the moment.

starting to think a no show from those who have tickets is the only way to get through to those in charge.

Morishi must be wondering what he's spent his money at the moment.

i think moshiri is thinking we must not get relegated now with the team playing so badly. he needs to protect his investment.

Edited by markjazzbassist

What about Newcastle, Norwich and Villa?

villa can't catch us. Newcastle can't even if they win out they are -26 GD and i don't see them scoring 30 in 4 matches. Norwich has 12 points to play for and are 10 points behind us.

i'm not saying we will, very very very long shots, just saying on current form if I was a new investor i would be worried. Shahid Khan bought Fulham and watched the be relegated all in the same season, i'm sure he lost a ton of money.

villa can't catch us. Newcastle can't even if they win out they are -26 GD and i don't see them scoring 30 in 4 matches. Norwich has 12 points to play for and are 10 points behind us.

i'm not saying we will, very very very long shots, just saying on current form if I was a new investor i would be worried. Shahid Khan bought Fulham and watched the be relegated all in the same season, i'm sure he lost a ton of money.

thought Villa were confirmed down? Agree with the rest, as had been mentioned several times, we're only staying up because there are others worse than us

Right villa can't. Sunderland Norwich Newcastle can catch us. So we're not ok yet.

But they'd jump above the teams below us too...everyone below us would have to win all their remaining games to make this a reality, not just the teams currently in the relegation places. It's one of those pointless points.