IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Sat May 7

markjazzbassist

I think we'll win because they'll be in one of two positions.

1. Win tomorrow, they're already champions and will not care.

2. Lose tomorrow, Spurs still in with a chance. Their last game is at Chelsea so huge pressure on them to beat us, nerves set in.

We are now free of any pressure and mathematically safe from relegation, play with abandon, stuff them.

No problem.

2. Lose tomorrow, Spurs still in with a chance. Their last game is at Chelsea so huge pressure on them to beat us, nerves set in.

We are now free of any pressure and mathematically safe from relegation, play with abandon, stuff them.

No problem.

My thoughts exactly and is the reason why I predicted us to win 1-0 in the Predict the Result game thread.

No problem.

Not sure what math they teach over there but we lose 3 and Sunderland wins 3 and scores 27 goals (we score none) we are relegated. Mathematically we can still be relegated, we need 1 more point.

Not sure what math they teach over there but we lose 3 and Sunderland wins 3 and scores 27 goals (we score none) we are relegated. Mathematically we can still be relegated, we need 1 more point.

Not sure what Math they teach at your end of the world!!!

We are 12 points away...Sunderland only have 9 to play for.

You belter!!!

No problem.

I can see the logic, but I don't see it that way at all. Win or lose tomorrow, they're still a much better team than us, and are likely to play to the last. We're much more likely to capitulate if they put any kind if pressure in us.

If they win tomorrow they'll be playing at home as champions atmosphere will be immense. If they lose they'll have their home crowd behind them. They haven't shown any sign of bottling it so far so I can't see them starting now.

Saying that, I'm hoping they do win tomorrow as at least it may make it a little easier for us.

Still think we'll lose though 3:2.

Not sure what Math they teach at your end of the world!!!

We are 12 points away...Sunderland only have 9 to play for.

You belter!!!

Apologies all I was so so so so wrong. Thought there was 4 matches to play for, only three. Sorry mike mate and sorry English math system for the knock ;)

Ahem well I did go to public school lol

So we are safe then, best news of the season

Maths, mathematics. Plural.

Lots of Americanisms annoy me, that's a biggie.

You being wrong.apart.

Apologies all I was so so so so wrong. Thought there was 4 matches to play for, only three. Sorry mike mate and sorry English math system for the knock ;)

Ahem well I did go to public school lol

So we are safe then, best news of the season

What, you think all English go to private school?!!! Haha!!!

This will be a massive match for them now. Maybe Spurs can loan is eriksen Kane and lloris to help them out :)

....or not if Chelsea take something off Spurs tomorrow (as I just posted in the general football section).

If that happens it'll just be a massive piss-up :D.

What a great match that was today. I had major butterflies, and of course Leicester isn't my team. But I just want them to see this through - I can't stand the "big" 4 plus Tottenham gives me a sack rash.

I'll be honest - if Chelsea lose to Tottenham tomorrow I am going to be seriously conflicted next weekend, and that feels so strange to say. I know I'm not alone. Who else feels my pain? I know there are few soft teddy bears out there, c'mon, 'fess up. :)

Edited by chalkpie

What a great match that was today. I had major butterflies, and of course Leicester isn't my team. But I just want them to see this through - I can't stand the "big" 4 plus Tottenham gives me a sack rash.

I'll be honest - if Chelsea lose to Tottenham tomorrow I am going to be seriously conflicted next weekend, and that feels so strange to say. I know I'm not alone. Who else feels my pain? I know there are few soft teddy bears out there, c'mon, 'fess up. :)

Not a chance.

....or not if Chelsea take something off Spurs tomorrow (as I just posted in the general football section).

If that happens it'll just be a massive piss-up :D.

My guess is that Spurs is drop points. Not so fun winning the league because someone else loses, but still - better than us being hated around the world for being spoilers of a Cinderella story.

Not a chance.

same here, though I hope it doesn't come down to our game. As much as I want Leicester to win, Spurs have been very good and deserve to be where they are but above all that, even with my recent apathy, I will always want us to win, no matter if it's at the expense of a fairy tale story

I want Leicester to win the league, but I prefer Spurs to win tomorrow.

My reasoning has to do with neither Leicester nor Spurs but with a very basic Everton team, manager, and player issue. Some weeks back I and others commented briefly on how much energy Leicester players have shown contrasted with what sometimes seems to be a lack of energy from too many of our lads. The difference seemed stark, embarrassing.

It might be that even if Leicester clinch tomorrow, the atmosphere there next Saturday would be so celebratory that they'd want to,give their home fans the perfect gift by showing them one final time how exciting they've played. But if they need points, they're even more certain, with Vardy's return but missing Drinkwater, to be aggressive. So I want to compare their energy to ours. Maybe this won't be the perfect test case of energy, conditioning, aggressiveness, spirit, but as far as I am concerned, it will do as a decent test.

Mostly a test of Everton, players and manager. Leicester's story is inspiring. Ours is troubling. I hope this match will be a moment of historic significance for them, and a test of elementary commitment for us.

My reasoning has to do with neither Leicester nor Spurs but with a very basic Everton team, manager, and player issue. Some weeks back I and others commented briefly on how much energy Leicester players have shown contrasted with what sometimes seems to be a lack of energy from too many of our lads. The difference seemed stark, embarrassing.

It might be that even if Leicester clinch tomorrow, the atmosphere there next Saturday would be so celebratory that they'd want to,give their home fans the perfect gift by showing them one final time how exciting they've played. But if they need points, they're even more certain, with Vardy's return but missing Drinkwater, to be aggressive. So I want to compare their energy to ours. Maybe this won't be the perfect test case of energy, conditioning, aggressiveness, spirit, but as far as I am concerned, it will do as a decent test.

Mostly a test of Everton, players and manager. Leicester's story is inspiring. Ours is troubling. I hope this match will be a moment of historic significance for them, and a test of elementary commitment for us.

the only reason I want Chelsea to lose is because it gives us (false) hope of a top 10 finish. Other than that I couldn't care less

We'll finish above Stoke, not Chelsea.

I think 11th is the best we can hope for now. Both Stoke and Chelsea will take too many points in their final games for us to catch them. The only hope we have is of winning our remaining three games. However, we'll lose to Leicester on Saturday so there goes that idea straight away.

Our remaining games are against the potential title winner, then against two teams fighting to stay in the division. That's three games against teams with proper motivation to get something out of the game. They'll all be more up for it than our wet blanket of a team fighting for that revered 10th spot. Give me break, I can't believe that it's come down to this...hoping for a top ten - TEN!!!!! - finish. I might as well fuck off and go and support Swansea.

fully expecting us to get smashed. their style is the kryptonite of tiki taka bob's. i expect lots of vardy counter attacking goals. bob will stand on the sideline looking like "how did they do that, tiki taka is from the gods, surely no man can defeat this style, it's spanish!" while get get clobbered. i have no confidence in the man.

Similar though slightly different to my feelings. Assuming Tottenham win tonight i want Leicester to win Saturday. First time i will root against the club. This season's team effort and belief in one another has been terrible. I want the players and manager to see what that looks like. I want them to hear the fans in full voice for 90 mins. I want them to feel the ground shake when Leicester score. Most of all I want the Everton players to be their first hand when the pitch is invaded. Perhaps im too optimistic but I want this experience to be the catalyst for next year. I want them to sit down in the locker room after the game and agree to fight for one another to make moments like that possible. I want them to be inspired by what they see Saturday. Not for this season, for next.