IGNORED

Mayor of London Election

Just wanted to see if any Londoners (not sure if that's what they're called) are on here and wanted to talk about the new Mayor as Boris Johnson is outgoing. You voting for the conservative Goldsmith or Labour Khan? Any chance Boris makes a run for Prime Minister?

Every chance, Cameron is standing down before the next election and Boris is hot favourite to take over. I wouldn't totally write off Labour yet but Jeremy Corbyn is incredibly unpopular within the party elite while being very popular with the grass roots members. I like him, don't necessarily always agree with him and I've never voted Labour in my life but he's a breath of fresh air for me; real honest conviction politician in it for the right reasons and totally different from the manufactured clones we've had for the last couple of decades.

Khan will win London mayor I'm sure, Goldsmith is a typical Tory toff twat. If I still lived in London I'd be voting Khan.

Every chance, Cameron is standing down before the next election and Boris is hot favourite to take over. I wouldn't totally write off Labour yet but Jeremy Corbyn is incredibly unpopular within the party elite while being very popular with the grass roots members. I like him, don't necessarily always agree with him and I've never voted Labour in my life but he's a breath of fresh air for me; real honest conviction politician in it for the right reasons and totally different from the manufactured clones we've had for the last couple of decades.

Khan will win London mayor I'm sure, Goldsmith is a typical Tory toff twat. If I still lived in London I'd be voting Khan.

mike what party do you usually vote?

yeah when i read goldsmith's father is Sir Goldsmith a super rich guy i already drew a conclusion about the guy lol

mike what party do you usually vote?

yeah when i read goldsmith's father is Sir Goldsmith a super rich guy i already drew a conclusion about the guy lol

Minorities, never voted for either of the big two ever. Having said that I've always lived in safe Tory areas so maybe I might have voted Labour if they had a chance in hell of winning, Liberal, Green, Independent over the years have had my "X", but it's always been pointless because nobody I ever voted for got in, even at a local level :(.

I'm a bit of a tree hugger so I voted Green. They have no chance of getting in though, so I had Khan as my second choice and hope he gets in over Goldsmith (I think he will).

Thank Christ it's Johnson's last day - I can't believe people actually voted for him to have a second term!! If he becomes Prime Minister I might have to seriously consider leaving the country. Can you imagine that AND Trump as president?!

I'm a bit of a tree hugger so I voted Green. They have no chance of getting in though, so I had Khan as my second choice and hope he gets in over Goldsmith (I think he will).

Thank Christ it's Johnson's last day - I can't believe people actually voted for him to have a second term!! If he becomes Prime Minister I might have to seriously consider leaving the country. Can you imagine that AND Trump as president?!

Only in my worst nightmare.

Johnson as PM would be a disaster. I know he's not as big a buffoon as he likes to make out but he's not far off.

If it ever happened then I'd hope someone would wait until he was in a meeting with the new President and drop a bomb on the building. It'd do the world a favour.

I live 30 miles from London but am not involved. Goldsmith has had a very low-key campaign, most of it has been done by his team as he comes across as a 'typical Tory toff twat' (to quote MikeO). I think Khan will win but some of his manifesto policies are very left wing. A knock-on problem is that a Khan victory will be seen as a shot in the arm for Corbyn, who is a joke.

Just reading up about Khan and two things stood out; first he was born in the same hospital (St George's, Tooting) that I spent a month in in 1993....most likely a different ward though: I wasn't being born, just trying not to die (bloke in the bed opposite me did though, then had visitors come in an hour later, awkward!) :huh:.

Second he's a Liverpool fan :shaking fist:.